You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No talk on Dubai?

neopulian

A good half of the fine participants of this forum wanted to whore the club to DIC, the other half were less vocal, but probably wouldn't complain if the transaction happened.

We must rid ourselves of the adventure capitalists (emphasize 'adventure') we have as owners, but congrat yourself for having dodged a close bullet.

Of the 3 possible candidates we seriously entertained (the cunts, DIC & the bent Thai PM) unbelievably we probably did manage to end up with the least financially unstable & least politically unsound.

That they are still a pair of complete wankers who have failed miserably to build a new stadium shows how unbelievably crap our shortlist was.

Partly that was due to the overleveraged mania that gripped the world in the mid '90's. Partly it was due to the fact that Parry composed the list.

Has there ever been a worst set of 3 possible investors?

Of the 3 possible candidates we seriously entertained (the cunts, DIC & the bent Thai PM) unbelievably we probably did manage to end up with the least financially unstable & least politically unsound.

That they are still a pair of complete wankers who have failed miserably to build a new stadium shows how unbelievably crap our shortlist was.

Partly that was due to the overleveraged mania that gripped the world in the mid '90's. Partly it was due to the fact that Parry composed the list.

Has there ever been a worst set of 3 possible investors?

I really thought you were one of the better posters on here even if you over did the Wages V Success bit

But I have to say after a post like that I am viewing you in a totally different light.

To be fair, not ALL of us thought the Dubai bid would be a good idea, and some of us even pointed out what was going on in Dubai one year ago! (Nice blowing of trumpet below here, but I'm sure most people would agree that it's not often i get things right!)

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/67419-dubai-liverpool-fc-104.html#post1437503

To be fair, not ALL of us thought the Dubai bid would be a good idea, and some of us even pointed out what was going on in Dubai one year ago! (Nice blowing of trumpet below here, but I'm sure most people would agree that it's not often i get things right!)

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/67419-dubai-liverpool-fc-104.html#post1437503

The reality is we wouldnt be in the mess we are today with with DIC or Thaskin.

Both would have been happy to sell at a reasonable profit and the recievers for DIC (if that was the case) would be happy just to liquidate there assets.

The present owners are having an Ego dispute and arent prepared to sell at a reasonable price which isnt the case with the other two options

The reality is we wouldnt be in the mess we are today with with DIC or Thaskin.

Both would have been happy to sell at a reasonable profit and the recievers for DIC (if that was the case) would be happy just to liquidate there assets.

The present owners are having an Ego dispute and arent prepared to sell at a reasonable price which isnt the case with the other two options

Now I see what you're getting at, but I'm not so sure. Are you sure the ego dispute has anything to do with them not being happy with the prices offered? Both parties are experienced business operators experiencing financial difficulties, and I find it hard to believe that DIC would've been a softer touch.

We can't hear you when Rash was talking. Next time shout louder.

Its wrong to claim we'd be in the same or even worse position if DIC had of completed the take over.

DIC would have run the club prudently and would not have ladened us with over £200m of debt. DIC may not have been able to spend like some people here may have wanted although I cant get my head round those fan's argument that DIC or anyone else who'd come in, should do an ambromovich and chuck loads of money at us.

Its weird. Those people have probably slagged the chavs off for fun yet would have wanted someone to do the same with us.

All the reports I have seen are that Dubai World has deferred its repayment of debt installments. To my knowledge, its a different organisation to DIC who may or may not be similarly affected.

To say we dodged a bullet by not having DIC take over is just plain ludicrous and sensationalism in the extreme.

A good half of the fine participants of this forum wanted to whore the club to DIC, the other half were less vocal, but probably wouldn't complain if the transaction happened.

We must rid ourselves of the adventure capitalists (emphasize 'adventure') we have as owners, but congrat yourself for having dodged a close bullet.

how come you kept your knowledge of the global recession (that 99% of normal people on this planet didnt see coming) to yourself for all this time?

Its wrong to claim we'd be in the same or even worse position if DIC had of completed the take over.

DIC would have run the club prudently and would not have ladened us with over £200m of debt. DIC may not have been able to spend like some people here may have wanted although I cant get my head round those fan's argument that DIC or anyone else who'd come in, should do an ambromovich and chuck loads of money at us.

Its weird. Those people have probably slagged the chavs off for fun yet would have wanted someone to do the same with us.

All the reports I have seen are that Dubai World has deferred its repayment of debt installments. To my knowledge, its a different organisation to DIC who may or may not be similarly affected.

To say we dodged a bullet by not having DIC take over is just plain ludicrous and sensationalism in the extreme.

That swoosh sound is the missing point just flying right over your head.

Fine. I bow to the superior intellect capability of yours and RC's.

(I see that you also missed the similar point of catch22, perhaps next time he should type slower so you can keep up)

We all got your point about adventure capitalists and the club. We're waiting to hear you model for taking the club forward though.

Over to you.

We all got your point about adventure capitalists and the club. We're waiting to hear you model for taking the club forward though.

Over to you.

That's an interesting change of topic. But to indulge you anyway: stop whoring ourselves after the flashiest suitor for short termed successes would seem a good start.

You seem to know an awful lot about how they would've behaved as owners.

Who is skint, who has money, who was most hit by the recession etc; all that is beside the point in my opinion. We didn't dodge a bullet just beacuse Dubai struggle with their economy these days, and we're not in a mess with G&H because they too struggle with the finances. The point is that we have been constantly lied to by G&H, and they bought us under false premises. I have no idea what would've happened if D.I.C had bought, maybe they would've lied to us aswell, maybe not, but saying that we dodged a bullet simply because they might be in a bad spot now suggests a missed point in my opinion.