You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carragher

Truered

Eagerly awaiting Carra's return but have to say not for his flair and grace! What I think he will bring is some much-needed resolve (& passion & graft & strength) and a return to our solid back four (Carra/Henchoz/Sami/Riise). Should say though that I think Finnan was making the spot his own from what I saw of him, and he really does get forward! Surely having Didi again releases the full-backs so they can have a bit of fun!?!

Wont offer much going forward but I'd have

him in at left full without question. With Finnan

at right full JC would make us a bit more solid.

He gives 100% every time he plays which is 75%

more than some at the moment.

Guest Original202

Finnan Henchoz Hyypia Carragher

would be my preferred back four.

Carra offers much more than just his playing ability. He's the dressing room joker and a local lad. He's great for team spirit.

Look at the quality we have in midfield and attack with the likes of Kewell, Owen, Baros, Pongolle, Le Tallec, Gerrard, Diouf, Murphy and probably Cisse in the future. If they do their job, we don't have to worry about Jamie not getting forward.

The problem was highlighted when we lost Gary Mac. We had no craft in midfield and were too narrow. So all of a sudden people were shouting at Jamie to get forward and help in attacking.

It's obviously a weakness in his play but his strengths more than make up for it. Let the others do their job, he'll definitely do his.

Guest Stormbringer

I think he is better at left full and actually goes forward more from there as it is not so easy for him to play the ball back or square. Get Finnan on the right and we have the makings. However our two best full backs couldn't tackle me mother. Barny and Phil Neal. The strong defence is created by the central triangle. Hansen, Thompson, Souness ------Hyppia, Henchoz, Hamman.

So in the long run we need a Roberto Carlos type. He was quoted as saying @defending is his main priority'.!!!!!! What a character and a joker!!!!!

Although I have always admired JC for his commitment and workrate I never belived in him until we lost him. It is so obvious we miss him. Not bothered about how he attacks so long as he does his job defensively. It is upto the likes of Diouf, Kewell, Smicer etc to carry that forwrad. If JC is watching - Get fit soon mate we need you!!

One of the first on my team sheet from now on......