You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I am Losing Faith

Guest LFD

Have You Lost Faith In Benitez?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Lost Faith In Benitez?

• Yes - Time for a change and now.
    • Losing Faith - But wait till the end of the season.
    • No - He's the right man for the job.

I love how La Liga suddenly becomes 'the best league in the world' because Benitez doesn't have the nous to win our league. The fact that he has won that particular league, which is dominated by the big Spanish two, contradicts everything posted about wages and budgets, but I'm sure the goalposts will be moved again to accomodate.

Another plus of him being sacked is we'll be rid of these finance pussy's and their zany theories.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oreily?

Prey tell which 'section' that is? Da Rafa Hataz?

Your problem is you put everyone into sections, me I just speak my mind. If a particular 'section' likes it, good for them.

Nope. Ever since you became TLW's most wanted you've constantly tried to liver your position with a certain crowd on here, probably the one you thought would make you most likely to earn a stay.

In an ideal world, and for this I make no apologies, I'd say Mourinho. His wages might be high but I reckon we could get him for the same money Rafa is on. His record is unquestionable. I'd also look at Hiddink, who galvanised Chelsea last year after (the remarkably overhyped) Scolari was sacked.

I don't want to call for his head, and I'm not doing yet, but I am losing faith in him by the game and I just feel as though we're stuck in a rut that he won't be able to get us out of.

Hiddink has said he doesn't want to manage again - he's supposed to be looking for a technical director role.

Hello Chelsea, hello big bucks.

3701821767-ancelotti-milan-brutta-figura.jpg

"Huh?"

Nope. Ever since you became TLW's most wanted you've constantly tried to liver your position with a certain crowd on here, probably the one you thought would make you most likely to earn a stay.

Don't worry, he'll crack up and be moved on. Again.

If he can take us back to the form of late last season then I want him to stay. Some people have got short memories. We played some of the best football for many a years last season and came within a gnats chuff hair of winning the league.

Our demise has been brutal this season, and its natural Rafa has to take some of the blame. It's a results industry and at this level you get little or no time to breath. I think some of his poor signings are coming back to haunt him. Can you imagine if Babel had been the new Henry and Lucas the new Socrates that would be some team with the other quality we have.

His stubbornness on a number of issues become more apparent when we are loosing, especially his robotic usually seemingly illogical substitutions and persistence with out of form players. These traits have always been there, but they get overlooked when we are generally winning games. I think rafa's main problem is that he is too methodical and too robotic in everything he does. To win this league I think you have to roll with the punches and adapt dynamically during games and during the season, im not sure he’s programmed that way.

I clicked the middle one as he deserves time to put it right.

I love how La Liga suddenly becomes 'the best league in the world' because Benitez doesn't have the nous to win our league. The fact that he has won that particular league, which is dominated by the big Spanish two, contradicts everything posted about wages and budgets, but I'm sure the goalposts will be moved again to accomodate.

Another plus of him being sacked is we'll be rid of these finance pussy's and their zany theories.

La Liga is the best League in the world because all the best non-English players fuck off there as soon as they can (unless of course you think Lucas is better than Xabi & Valencia is better than LadyBoy) & because it has won 4 CL in the last deacde to our 2.

Best players, best record in the CL, better record in the Uefa Cup equates to best League unless you are Rupert Murdoch.

RM & Barca have won 21 of the last 25 titles, with the highest spend- i don't see Xerex winning it, do you?

It is harder to do an accurate peice of resaerch on the Spanish League as their accounting reporting laws are weaker than ours.

However, it may well be that their League doesn't have the 90% correlation which has been established in England unless you have the numeracy of a moron.

Maybe, instead of logging onto the same site under different names, you could do the work on it.

After it was published you would then have a few quid & doubtless not feel the need to continuously return to somewhere you have been banned, how many times?

The question should be... Is he getting the best out of the players he has?

I personally don't think he is.

We keep hearing he is a great coach, but how come we look the most vulnerable team in the league at defending set plays and least threatening team at attacking them.

He's not getting the best out of Babel, a player who clearly has talent.

It is not a lack of money why we have started the season so poorly. Injuries have clearly been a factor, but it is actually a nice excuse for Rafa more than a reason to justify being knocked of out the League Cup, Champs League and out of the title before December.

It is not good enough really and his future is rightly under threat. I think a Mourinho or Hiddink could get more out of the players we have.

QUOTE]

Is this really the case? or is it that babel is just a stupid lazy, talentless twat that isnt fit to wear the jersey.

Just playing devils advocate.

QUOTE]

Is this really the case? or is it that babel is just a stupid lazy, talentless twat that isnt fit to wear the jersey.

Just playing devils advocate.

I don't think we can answer that. (It is probably a bit of both in reality)

But I also don't think Benitez has helped Babel, by giving him any confidence to perform. He (Babel) has consistantly said his best position is upfront, he hasn't had a run of games in that position. He gets the odd 15 minutes here and there sometimes on the left, other times on the right and occasionally upfront. When Babel scores, he doesn't get a chance the next game to kick on from that, as he finds himself on the bench the next game (as we saw against Lyon). He is clearly not suited to the left wing, yet still plays in that position.

Babel seems totally baffled by Benitez and Rafa doesn't look like he is interested in trying to get the best out of Babel, to me.

Bit of both possibly. Maybe if he told Ryan he was great each morning, played him instead of Torres every game and encouraged him in his rap career we would see "the best" out of him. Maybe he'd still be a lazy twat. Hard to say.

I don't think we can answer that. (It is probably a bit of both in reality)

But I also don't think Benitez has helped Babel, by giving him any confidence to perform. He (Babel) has consistantly said his best position is upfront, he hasn't had a run of games in that position. He gets the odd 15 minutes here and there sometimes on the left, other times on the right and occasionally upfront. When Babel scores, he doesn't get a chance the next game to kick on from that, as he finds himself on the bench the next game (as we saw against Lyon). He is clearly not suited to the left wing, yet still plays in that position.

Babel seems totally baffled by Benitez and Rafa doesn't look like he is interested in trying to get the best out of Babel, to me.

Some good points here.

however would you really play babel up front if torres was available. Surely if you are ryan babel you cant see yourself being better than torres.I suppose most of us really cant see behind benitez thinking sometimes but we dont see the training sessions everyday,

I wouldn't play Babel instead of Torres. However Torres has been injured plenty of times for Rafa to give him a run in this position.

Why doesn't Rafa even play him in the reserves in this position? He should be playing games, not on the bench all the time... has Babel ever played for the reserves?

I posted in an earlier thread that he should be replaced now. More because of resigned exasperation than anything else I've slightly altered my stance and would now give him to the end of the season to see if he can pull his finger out of his arse and get the team playing some football.

The only way I would stick by my original opinion of 'change him now' would be if Mourinho was immediately available, was willing to come and we could afford the cost of taking him on and getting rid of Rafa.

Despite my magnanimity I am still pissed off with Rafa, think he hasn't a clue what he's doing and seriously needs to have a good look at himself. I know supporters have sod all power in football these days but when an avalanche of opinion is against a manager it becomes very hard for a club to resist that force of opinion.

One rough patch in 5 years and you're losing faith? Some real "supporters" on here.

Look mate, it isn't 'one rough patch'. We were shite for the most of last season, even some of the games we won. I think back to the Fratton Park game last season were we were as shite as we could be even though we won. I was glad of the 3 points but didn't celebrate as I thought we were lucky. It wasn't a one-off performance, wasn't the only game we won where we performed badly and so wasn't just a 'rough patch'.

I would say that under Benitez we have mostly played very poor football for a side supposedly challenging for the title. It is not 'one rough patch'.

I'm a big Rafa fan,have been since he arrived. But right now hes making it difficult. Granted, we've suffered some serious bad luck this season. But there are obvious things going wrong on the pitch which need to be fixed one way or another. I think I'm losing faith because we're being undone by the same crap week in week out.

This might sound clichéd but I have faith in Liverpool Football Club. I believe and know we can come through this, regardless of who is at the helm.

Rafa is a good manager. He has proved that. He may not approach the game in the way that us fans grew up with, but he makes the best of a bad situation (no money, politics behind the scene over the last few years etc etc...) and gets us to being a side challenging for honours at least. Every year since he's been here we've been challenging.

This season has been the weirdest and most messed up in terms of injuries. Nobody could have expected that. What we would want is him not to make the oddball team selections and substitutions that he does make, but I can't rem a time under Rafa when he hasn't been any different. And he most likely won't change that either.

At least give him some breathing space until the end of the season and judge him then. Calling for his head now is pointless.

'One rough patch'?!?!

I can understand your reaction mate.

If you look over the past 5 years, this to me, is our worst run in a long time. We have had bad runs but we have always managed to win games or draw, avoiding defeat. But this season has been horrendous were 90% of the team has failed to perform and we have been losing.

The other poor patches have been bad yes, but nowhere near the proximity of this current run, in my opinion anyway.