You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Positive Thinking

T0RRES

City have big players missing in the next few weeks and they will have a very tiring fixture list. 

This week is a very tough one. We got a good par at United (the way the national media are talking we got held by doncaster), but know we have to get 6 points in the next two games. I always felt 7 points from these three games would be a good return.

After that, bar Spurs at home, we have only banana skins like wolves at home or away at southampton. I personally think we will take chelsea apart. 

I also fancy city to drop points at United. Hopefully united need a win for top 4.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, redheart said:

Personally I think that it is now over for another year.

City (funded by their Human Rights Abuser owners) just have a much bigger and better squad.

They can cope with the rest of the season and we cannot

Not really sure you're getting the whole spirit of this thread, mate.

I think we are better just one point ahead it is do or die time to keep our noses in front . With a cushion you start thinking could cope with draw here or loss there not now wins or nothing simple as. For starters if we have 7 points from utd Watford and Everton that will do. League winning form right there. 

Fanchester’s “Hey guys, it’s wonderful to see you little fellas trying to make something of yourselves” routine was like someone who’s just been abroad for the first time telling Phileas Fogg it’s great he’s starting to understand the merits of travel.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, clangers said:

Fernandinho and Laporte are out till mid-March, Fernandinho is the one player they can't replace and they went off the rails without him earlier in the season.

If we're still top after the derby it's on.

Yep,

If we hold our nerve and ride our luck, this could be huge.

I have no idea why I'm so positive about this title challenge.

I'm normally quite a pessimistic person. In 2009 I never really thought we had much of a chance, especially after that 18-year old Italian nobody scored a vital goal for them in about February or so. Same goes for 2014, it was SO much fun that season but I didn't ever really expect it to happen and it wasn't until we beat City that I even thought we had a chance.

This season just feels different. City are amazing, full marks to them. But so are we, and we're a point ahead of them. 29 games in and we've only lost once (and that was a game which easily could have gone either way). Whatever it is, it just feels different this time to me. I'm seriously expecting us to go out to Bayern, City to go through in the CL and start to put more and more emphasis on winning that competition (and I wouldn't be surprised if they do end up lifting that trophy).

And Liverpool? I think we'll throw absolutely everything into these last 9 games, absolutely everything. Let's win it with 96 points and have a giant JFT96 mosaic on the final day. You'll Never Walk Alone!