You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Positive Thinking

T0RRES

32 minutes ago, Johnny Utah said:

If City do make it to the CL semi’s and beat Swansea in the FA Cup then their home game with Cardiff will have to be rearranged, however there would be no gaps in the calendar to play it as they would have a game every 3/4 days from 6th April

Will be brought forward without doubt.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Hoping that de bruyne's injury keeps him out for a good few weeks. It seems they may get lucky with fernandinho and laporte coming back after the international break but here's hoping that they pick up a few more injuries and those two are out for longer.

For us to win the league, it probably would be more beneficial going out of Europe. On the other hand, if we beat Bayern in their own backyard, it could give us a massive injection of comfidence. 

I do think we have a nicer run in than they do. We both have Spurs at home and I'd rather play Chelsea at home than United away. Brighton, burnley and Palace away is nastier than Newcastle and Southampton away. We both play fulham away and cardiff away is surely a three pointer for us.

I don't see either of us dropping to many points from here. We got 5 points from three tough fixtures last week. Yeah less than we would have liked but not the disaster that people are making it out to be. Everton are a slightly above mid table team but with it being a derby, it levels the playing field and despite our general performance, we created about three massive chances.

I make it 55-45 in city's favour but still all to play for. We just need to win our next two and hope our lads pick up slight knocks for the international break. 

I have a feeling the title will be decided in April. If we come through spurs-southampton-chelsea with at least 7 points then that really puts the squeeze on them for their own tough games. I think if we drop points it will be in this period. The congestion they will have could be massive.

We want fucking as a club if any of our main players are 'fit' for international shite at this stage of season and given what is at stake/how thin our squad is.

Salah has been left out anyway hasn't he so we just need to ensure Mane, Firmino and VVD are pulled.

Away games remaining:

Fulham

Southampton 

Cardiff

Newcastle

Could barely ask for a better set of fixtures for our travels. 

Home games remaining:

Burnley 

Tottenham

Chelsea

Huddersfield

Wolves

Like it matters anyway, it's at fucking Anfield we'll destroy them all. 

Blue Mancs away games:

Fulham

Crystal palace

Red mancs

Burnley

Brighton

Home:

Watford

Cardiff

Tottenham 

Leicester

I reckon they'll slip up, they're shite. 

34 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Away games remaining:

Fulham

Southampton 

Cardiff

Newcastle

Could barely ask for a better set of fixtures for our travels. 

Home games remaining:

Burnley 

Tottenham

Chelsea

Huddersfield

Wolves

Like it matters anyway, it's at fucking Anfield we'll destroy them all. 

Blue Mancs away games:

Fulham

Crystal palace

Red mancs

Burnley

Brighton

Home:

Watford

Cardiff

Tottenham 

Leicester

I reckon they'll slip up, they're shite. 

Its the palace away, tottenham home, united away in the space of a week im looking at. I think that could be a massive turning point if we can hit some form

20 minutes ago, BCM said:

Its the palace away, tottenham home, united away in the space of a week im looking at. I think that could be a massive turning point if we can hit some form

Yeah if we can get through the next few games it is massive. Anyhow here's my predictions.

Liverpool 3 Burnley 1

Fulham 0 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 2 Spurs 2

Southampton 1 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 3 Chelsea 2

Cardiff 0 Liverpool 3

Liverpool 5 Huddersfield 0

Newcastle 0 Liverpool 1

Liverpool 2 Wolves 1

The chelsea/spurs games are the key ones. I have a feeling we will beat Chelsea as they will make it an open game but I could see Spurs taking points off us.

That leaves us with 95 points which is a pretty incredible tally. Their goal difference means we need them to drop 4 points in that case as it's hard to see us getting a better gd.

• Upvote 1

Fuck it.

I've decided we are gonna win it.

Everybody elses fans says we can't...everybody elses fans seem they do not want us to.

Well fuck everybody else.

Get it won, Redmen - us v the rest.

These oil cheats haven't had a proper battle on their hands for a while - so let's get into them and rattle them.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Liverpool 3 Burnley 1

Fulham 0 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 2 Spurs 2

Southampton 1 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 3 Chelsea 2

Cardiff 0 Liverpool 3

Liverpool 5 Huddersfield 0

Newcastle 0 Liverpool 1

Liverpool 2 Wolves 1

Subscribed.

I'm still relatively positive - obviously I'd rather be ten points clear but it is what it is. City are on a stonking good run in the league - winning their last five and nine of their last ten. To absolutely guarantee finishing ahead of us, they'll need to win their last nine games - that would translate to a 14 match winning streak and winning 18 out of 19 over the second half of the season. That's something they've managed but it was flying unchallenged out the blocks last season - they'll have to do it with tough games racking up in the CL and the FA Cup this time. I'm pretty optimistic they'll drop points at some stage, especially without Fernandinho, Laporte and De Bruyne.

Of more concern is our form, but the manc and blueshite games ("form goes out the window" type games) aside, our form is reasonably OK with the only aberrations a draw in a blizzard against a side that's like kryptonite to us, and a poor draw in an away game which I'm balanced enough to say "it can happen" about. There were enough signs against Watford and Burnley to say that certainly we're still capable of flowing football, and there are players still to come back into the team.

The mancs and the blueshite could quite happily reduce our games down to stopping us win the league. We'll see if Wolves, Southampton, Fulham and Huddersfield etc. have the same motivation, I guess.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Manny said:

I'm still relatively positive - obviously I'd rather be ten points clear but it is what it is. City are on a stonking good run in the league - winning their last five and nine of their last ten. To absolutely guarantee finishing ahead of us, they'll need to win their last nine games - that would translate to a 14 match winning streak and winning 18 out of 19 over the second half of the season. That's something they've managed but it was flying unchallenged out the blocks last season - they'll have to do it with tough games racking up in the CL and the FA Cup this time. I'm pretty optimistic they'll drop points at some stage, especially without Fernandinho, Laporte and De Bruyne.

Of more concern is our form, but the manc and blueshite games ("form goes out the window" type games) aside, our form is reasonably OK with the only aberrations a draw in a blizzard against a side that's like kryptonite to us, and a poor draw in an away game which I'm balanced enough to say "it can happen" about. There were enough signs against Watford and Burnley to say that certainly we're still capable of flowing football, and there are players still to come back into the team.

The mancs and the blueshite could quite happily reduce our games down to stopping us win the league. We'll see if Wolves, Southampton, Fulham and Huddersfield etc. have the same motivation, I guess.

So the Burnley game we showed good signs in, how'd it finish?  No don't tell me I'm going on Sunday, don't want to spoil it

We've time to reflect on it, we've no room for error now.  Realistically we needed to keep that room for Chelsea and spurs.  The title is still possible but unrealistic now.  

On the plus side I'll be glad to see our full team out against Bayern now, not that I'll see it with working that night 

• Downvote 1

Provided we come through the next two games, i think the following three (spurs-southampton-chelsea) will be the pivotal ones. I can't help but feel that if we are going to drop points it will be in this batch of games.

We would have them finished, just when City are going into their tough period.

Funny enough, today i've had a feeling that there will be some mad random result that will swing the title. Just hope it won't be against us.

I'd love if we were cynical for once around the international break. Great that mo can sun himself in Blackpool, but what about bobby and sadio having little knocks.

Hopefully Spurs will have their full para team on England duty with Son fucking off to South Korea as well and they pick up knocks galore. Same with the Chelsea dickheads.