You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Positive Thinking

T0RRES

Our away games from now should be 12 points. Admittedly, i'm not looking forward to Southampton and Newcastle, but we are superior everywhere so should be six points.

City have some horrible away games coming up as well and i still fancy the Mancs against them.

After the West Ham game, i predicted we would lose to the Mancs and draw with the Blueshite. Happy we have one more point than i thought.

It's a long way from over. We're putting in a good proportion of poor performances but so have City.  They dominated their last two games but still needed a slice of luck to win them. 

If either us or City hit real form over the next nine games then they'll blow the other one away but I think we're both bumping along, struggling with the pressure and I think both sides will drop a few points on the way. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aws said:

It's a long way from over. We're putting in a good proportion of poor performances but so have City.  They dominated their last two games but still needed a slice of luck to win them. 

If either us or City hit real form over the next nine games then they'll blow the other one away but I think we're both bumping along, struggling with the pressure and I think both sides will drop a few points on the way. 

Not so sure about them needing luck. It was only a matter of time before they scored and beat West Ham who didn't lay a glove on them. Bournemouth didn't have one shot on target in 90mins at home. 

On the other hand we are not playing well and drawing games. 

12 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Not so sure about them needing luck. It was only a matter of time before they scored and beat West Ham who didn't lay a glove on them. Bournemouth didn't have one shot on target in 90mins at home. 

On the other hand we are not playing well and drawing games. 

Fair enough but when you're struggling for a breakthrough you often need something to break for you and that happened in City's last two games. They're obviously favourites now but a long way to go. 

Surprisingly little mention of Europe on here in terms of its impact for either side.

Could get a bit fruity if City draw Barcelona or Real or even PSG in the next round.

Of course, that will impact on us too should we get past Bayern.

City will also have FA Cup quarter and semi-finals over the next month.

Hoping that de bruyne's injury keeps him out for a good few weeks. It seems they may get lucky with fernandinho and laporte coming back after the international break but here's hoping that they pick up a few more injuries and those two are out for longer.

For us to win the league, it probably would be more beneficial going out of Europe. On the other hand, if we beat Bayern in their own backyard, it could give us a massive injection of comfidence. 

I do think we have a nicer run in than they do. We both have Spurs at home and I'd rather play Chelsea at home than United away. Brighton, burnley and Palace away is nastier than Newcastle and Southampton away. We both play fulham away and cardiff away is surely a three pointer for us.

I don't see either of us dropping to many points from here. We got 5 points from three tough fixtures last week. Yeah less than we would have liked but not the disaster that people are making it out to be. Everton are a slightly above mid table team but with it being a derby, it levels the playing field and despite our general performance, we created about three massive chances.

I make it 55-45 in city's favour but still all to play for. We just need to win our next two and hope our lads pick up slight knocks for the international break. 

I have a feeling the title will be decided in April. If we come through spurs-southampton-chelsea with at least 7 points then that really puts the squeeze on them for their own tough games. I think if we drop points it will be in this period. The congestion they will have could be massive.

• Upvote 1

Had a quick look at City’s fixture list in April.

6th April - FA Cup Semi most likely

9/10th April - CL Quarter Final

14th April - Palace Away

16/17th April - CL Quarter Final

20th April - Spurs Home

24th April - Mancs Away

28th April - Burnley Away

They would also need to play another 3 league games before the last day of season (12th May) plus a 2 legged CL semi at the start of May if they get that far.They won’t win all of their remaining league games.

Their next five games in all competitions are piss easy. At home to Watford, we've seen how well they travel. At home to Schalke in a dead rubber CL game. Away to Swansea in the cup where they'll put the kids out and still win comfortably. Then after the international break they're away at Fulham where they could probably put the kids out again with the same result, then home to Cardiff who are dogshit.

Last week of April is where they might fuck it up. Home to Spurs, away to Man Utd, away to Burnley in the space of eight days. We have to win all our matches from now til then, make sure we can take advantage if they drop points.

If we have a better international break than they do in terms of injuries that'd go a long way to helping us as well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Utah said:

Had a quick look at City’s fixture list in April.

6th April - FA Cup Semi most likely

9/10th April - CL Quarter Final

14th April - Palace Away

16/17th April - CL Quarter Final

20th April - Spurs Home

24th April - Mancs Away

28th April - Burnley Away

They would also need to play another 3 league games before the last day of season (12th May) plus a 2 legged CL semi at the start of May if they get that far.They won’t win all of their remaining league games.

In the interests only of being a jolly good sport, I hope City progress to the next rounds of both the FA and European Cups.

Guardiola needs to achieve in Europe this season. Should be a nice little distraction for them.