You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Positive Thinking

T0RRES

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

City will put 5 past the blueshite and they will beat Chelsea too. Our concern is our own results which we have control over. Not having adequate replacements for injured defenders now makes City favourites,in my view.

What a shame we didn't have a whole month to address that problem!

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Our problem is a lack of quality cover for the front 3. They look like they are treading water alot of the time. Show have brought Wilson back in Jan to give them a rest.

I agree with that. Wilson is a cracking young player and he can shoot from distance which is what we miss phil for. With Shaq going shite the last few weeks, that would be invaluable.

First 11: probably the best in league. City have best midfield by far and Aguero is the best player in the league by a distance

First 15: 4th best in the league.

Squad: 5th best in league.

Positives? Good thing we didn’t get a lucky equalizer at the end, as that would surely mean we’d continue with this shit.

Hopefully the points lost is a massive rocket up the ass for Kloppo and his lads. Hopefully we’ll see fireworks coming out between his shiny teeth next game. We need a big win now.

Right now every game feels like a banana skin, but if we come through the next four games with 9+ points and with a lot of big players back, then our fixture list isn't too unkind. 

The defence looks shaky as is to be expected. In midfield, we are missing gini and to be fair hendo. However, it's bobby and mo that needs to get us back on our groovetrain. Poor sadio is working double shifts right now.

3 minutes ago, Hades said:

We'll be lucky to finish 4th. Steam's gone completely. One injury to Salah or Van Dijk and we're back to looking like a mid-table team.

To steal a line from Redderz

"Here comes Hades on his ray of sunshine bus, Hoot Hoot"

We just need to steady the ship. We are missing a few massive players and hopefully be a different team when they are back.

Anyhow my predictions;

Liverpool 3 Bournemouth 1

Man U 2 Liverpool 1

Liverpool 2 Watford 1

Everton 1 Liverpool 1

Liverpool 3 Burnley 0

Fulham 0 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

Southampton 1 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 5 Huddersfield 0

Cardiff 1 Liverpool 3

Liverpool 2 Tottenham 1

Newcastle 0 Liverpool 1

Liverpool 2 Wolves 1

A lot made of the squad but other teams will have the same problems as the season goes. Once we consistently have a strong starting line up, it should get us through a lot of these games.

Robbed off a fat cunt on twitter:

"Perception is a funny thing in football isn’t it. In the last ten games City have dropped 12 points, we’ve dropped 7. 

City have lost to 3 of the teams outside the top 6, we’ve drawn against 2 of them

Yet Liverpool are percieved as the ones bottling it and blowing it."

Also you miserable bastards can fuck off, this is a positivity thread, make your own thread for your negative shite. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

The way I'm viewing it is, in the last two games City have lost one and won one; we drew two, which - had the refereeing been sound - probably should have been a win and a loss.

We've had a wobble and we're still ahead, four points is now three, but I'd have taken that at the start of the campaign. It's all still to play for.

It’s not the shrinking points difference worrying me, it’s where our form has gone and that looking set to continue.

I’d sooner be 3 points behind playing like we were in December than 3 points ahead playing like we have been since.

Being in the latter situation is the source of concern, in my book.

2 hours ago, Justice Negs said:

It’s not the shrinking points difference worrying me, it’s where our form has gone and that looking set to continue.

I’d sooner be 3 points behind playing like we were in December than 3 points ahead playing like we have been since.

Being in the latter situation is the source of concern, in my book.

But why?

Looking at our run in, taking it that we get players back and get back to our level of performance, you would be looking at 9 wins staraight away. That leaves the mancs and blueshite away and chelsea and spurs at home. Obviously, we could still do something mad like lose at Southampton or Cardiff.

If we win those nine games, that gets us to 89 points. Even 5 points from the other four games gets us to 94.

City would need 32 points to equal that from 12 games. I'd be very confident that they won't do that and will drop five points.

Let's just win this week and recharge for the Mancs.

• 3 weeks later...

Liverpool’s remaining 11 league games. • Watford (H)

• Everton (A)

• Burnley (H)

• Fulham (A)

• Spurs (H)

• Southampton (A)

• Chelsea (H)

• Cardiff (A) 

• Huddersfield (H)

• Newcastle (A)

• Wolves (H)

Before KO yesterday I would have taken a point. We are 1 point ahead and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Let’s get back on track by beating Watford on Wednesday and opening up a 4 point lead.

We can do this.

19 minutes ago, Simbo said:

Liverpool’s remaining 11 league games. • Watford (H)

• Everton (A)

• Burnley (H)

• Fulham (A)

• Spurs (H)

• Southampton (A)

• Chelsea (H)

• Cardiff (A) 

• Huddersfield (H)

• Newcastle (A)

• Wolves (H)

Before KO yesterday I would have taken a point. We are 1 point ahead and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Let’s get back on track by beating Watford on Wednesday and opening up a 4 point lead.

We can do this.

Watford (H) - win

Everton (A) - draw

Burnley (H)  - lose

Fulham (A) - win

Spurs (H) - draw

Southampton (A) - win

Chelsea (H) - win

Cardiff (A)  - win

Huddersfield (H) - win

Newcastle (A) - draw

Wolves (H) - win

So 23 points at a guess which would land us on 89.

We're not winning the league. 

6 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Watford (H) - win

Everton (A) - draw

Burnley (H)  - lose

Fulham (A) - win

Spurs (H) - draw

Southampton (A) - win

Chelsea (H) - win

Cardiff (A)  - win

Huddersfield (H) - win

Newcastle (A) - draw

Wolves (H) - win

So 23 points at a guess which would land us on 89.

We're not winning the league. 

So.we only need to beat Burnley to win the league, I'll take that thank you very much.