You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is to blame for the Henry goal incident?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who is to blame for the Henry goal incident?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keane was spot on with assessment of the game though. Fact is there's no way the irish defenders should be letting the ball bounce right by the 6 yard box and where was given? He should have got to that ball before henry. If that had been reina he would have punched that away and given some 'afters' to henry at the same time.

the linesman and ref couldn't see it so it's a perfectly good goal.

It's hardly a perfectly good goal !! He handled the fuckin thing.

They had 2 legs of 90 mins to beat them and didn't. If I was to be furious at anyone it would be that fat tallaght prick Keane for fuckin about when he should just take the easy option. Fat prick trying to round the keeper when he should have chipped it.

Keane was correct. The cunt.

Roy keane that is !

As your very own Captain Marvellous said, I'd be just as inclined to wonder what my defenders and keeper were playing at. And why they were all so crap in the first leg.

He also mentioned a very dodgy penalty that the Irish got against Georgia (I think) that, as yet, hasn't resulted in a replay.

He did something that was outside the rules. If every player that did that told the ref about it, I can't see football being much of a spectator sport.

Also, my comment about not seeing what all the fuss is about, was more more about the blanket media coverage, calls for replays etc.

I don't think it should be a replay either. I just think that as a fellow football fan you would be a bit more than "not fussed" at this blatant cheating.

I agree that idiot McShane should have tried to deal with it before the ball got to Le Cheat but his incompetetance shouldn't cloud the issue here.

And if by Captain Marvellous you mean that traitorous Cork cunt who fucked off and left us high and dry in the middle of a World Cup because of his "principles", well, I couldn't give a fuck what he says.

IMO, the only way to stop this "yes, I handled the ball but it's up to the ref to catch" me attitude of these cunts is to hit them personally. FIFA should leave France in the finals but Henry should get a 6 match ban. Then other cheats might think twice about deliberate handling, diving etc. And that also goes for Ngog, Drogba etc.

Congrats Hammy. Boy or girl?

Cheers. Girl.

I don't think it should be a replay either. I just think that as a fellow football fan you would be a bit more than "not fussed" at this blatant cheating.

It happens. You are obviously more annoyed because its Ireland. I doubt this thread would exist (or there would be so much teeth gnashing) if the match was Bahrain Vs Algeria.

Personally, I'd say a blatant dive (which happens in most games) is worse that what Henry did. Its certainly more wilfull.

Edited by hamstrung

Henry has generally been well-liked by our fans (at least more so than the vast majority of strikers from our main rivals). He's also been very complimentary about our club and fans in the past.

Would the incident the other night stop you from wanting him to join us, if the situation came up. I know there are lost of reasosn why that won't happen and why he would probably struggle to play with Torres, and I'm not interested in a debate about his age etc, but seriously, would it put you off?

I would still love to see him at Liverpool.

Roy Keane blames the Irish defence, but had Henry not used his arm and hand the ball would have gone out of play and the defence would have done its job. The sad twat then went on to attack the FAI spokesman for some lack of concern over Keane's whereabouts when the Irish captain fucked off in the build up to the World Cup Finals.

I normally think Roy Keane speaks a lot of sense about the game but this time his inability to come to terms with his own history makes him look like just another ex-Manc cunt, bitter (fuck knows why), twisted and lacking in class.

To answer the question posed - I blame the shape of the ball.