You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Babel, Voronin and Dossena

Guest LFD

Let's me honest, currently Babel, Voronin and Dossena are offering nothing to the squad. They only play in the league cup or if we have a lot of injuries.

Does anyone think we'd be better loaning out some of these players in January?

It might lead to someone like Babel getting far more games, some form, confidence and get him into the world cup squad.

Same for Dossena, who needs games.

At present these three players are just offering nothing and depreciating in value. Let's see them get games elsewhere and hopefully their fees can rise... at worst we'll be saving money on wages.

Loan them out, says I!

But if we sell Babel now -we'll get nothing.

If we loan him out he might perform and his price could rise. Plus if he goes to the world cup and bags a few goals then it will go up higher.

If he stays here he'll just depreciate, miss the world cup and we lose out.

I'd loan them all out.

But if we sell Babel now -we'll get nothing.

If we loan him out he might perform and his price could rise. Plus if he goes to the world cup and bags a few goals then it will go up higher.

If he stays here he'll just depreciate, miss the world cup and we lose out.

I'd loan them all out.

They are not playing and keeping them on the wage bill when that money could be used somewhere else is not constructive.

Loaning them out will be pointless, keeping them is pointless as they are shite and with a fully fit first team they will not get any games.

Selling them in January even at a loss might be the right choice.

To be honest, I'm not arsed about losing any of them. Babel I've long since given up on, Voronin is nowhere near good enough and seems pissed off to be here. The only future I see for the Doss is as a back up left winger and even then I doubt I'd play him unless we have a sustained injury crisis for the rest of the season.

My question would be who you'd promote to the first team squad from the ressies in their place? I'm not sure any of our strikers, bar Nemeth, are ready yet - that doesn't mean they'd be worse than Voronin but you still would want to wait until they're ready. Ditto maybe the left sided players in the reserves. I'm not sure.

Wont be ready until you play them.

Pacheco should be given a go instead of the wolfman.

True, but you'd certainly have to admit you'd be more comfortable with Pacheco playing regularly than either Amoo or Ecclestone, no? There's got to be some ressies who are more able to make the step up at this point in time than others.

It's been proven over the last few months that the squad is too thin to loan anyone out, regardless of how shite they are.

Babel has started one league game, I doubt Dossena has started even one.

Now the injuries can't get any worse.

If they don't get games now they never will.

They are offering nothing, let's save money on wages, give them games elsewhere and hopefully their value will appreciate.

I think we'll find out in January where their futures lie anyhow.

Loaning them out would only be a good thing if it meant some of the younger lads getting a look in instead of them and i'm not sure that would happen. I wouldn't even attempt to loan voronin - he should be made into dog food.

Loaning them out would only be a good thing if it meant some of the younger lads getting a look in instead of them

I think that is what should happen.

Babel is not starting games, he's merely making little 15 minute cameo's. A youngster could do this.

Everyone mark this thread. It's as close as LFD will come to saying something 'bad' about Rafa.

I'm very critical of Benitez over certain aspects of his management.

- I hate the fact Kuyt and Carragher are 'untouchable' and won't be dropped even when they are in poor form.

- His predicatble subs.

- The fact he plays Babel on the left when he's shite in that position.

- He won't send Babel or Dossena on loan when they are offering us little,.

- Vastly under using Crouch.

- Playing Lucas and Mascherano together in midfield, a combination that doesn't work.

I could go on...

I just think he's done very well in the transfer market, unlike some others.

- I hate the fact Kuyt and Carragher are 'untouchable' and won't be dropped even when they are in poor form.

- His predicatble subs.

- Playing Lucas and Mascherano together in midfield, a combination that doesn't work.

I could go on...

I think its fair to say based on our performances vs the Mancs, Lyon and Birmingham that Lucas/Mascherano are a pretty good midfield combination.

Also with Gerrard injured there was no real alternative.

I think its fair to say based on our performances vs the Mancs, Lyon and Birmingham that Lucas/Mascherano are a pretty good midfield combination.

Also with Gerrard injured there was no real alternative.

Three games out of how many?

- His predicatble subs.

I could go on...

Bloody hell!!! Fair play for knowing your own mind, but Christ, that's the polar opposite of my view - and I like and rate Rafa over many things.