You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Red Rag

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Chelsea getting crows of 12,000 in that Shed in the 2nd division not so long ago. Danny Baker once described Chelsea as "a second division team who won the pools"...I think he's got a point.

As a Chelsea fan today...with your corperate bollocks, plastic flags and cunts like Drogba in the team...I just don't know how, or why you bother...

Ours goes all the way back to 1905 and here's a very small part of it:

[YOUTUBE]5rhE5MxPxUU[/YOUTUBE]

Why am I posting this? As a quick antidote to all that "you ain't got no history" bollocks. And as a reminder that Chelsea fans aren't all JCLs or prawn sandwich munching tourist type fucking wankers.

I'm not your Bulgarian pal who wanted to discuss the Michael Shields situation either. I'm using the same account though, and it was me who made those few posts last night.

I'm old school Chelsea. I started going to football in 1971, went all over England for 15 - 20 years. And the first time I went to Anfield was in the early '70s when Chelsea fans were banned from travelling to away games. I was in the Paddock which was crawling with kids acting as spotters for the hooligans in the Anfield Road End. Oh and the score was 2-2.

Enjoy the video.

Whoopee! Give yoursel a medal.

I could see this thread was about to kick off, so i grabbed me coat and scarpered

There are lamp posts in Liverpool with more football History than Chelsea FC but it still brings a smile when some loon posts a video by way of telling you "look we do have a history and here is the 2 min clip to prove it

Guest Red Rag
A club bereft of European history that cannot sell their away allocation for a semi-final at the Nou Camp. For shame.

Oh dear. Did you know we won a European trophy before you ever did? We also qualified for the first ever European Cup in 1955 but the Football League refused to let us take part, taking the viewpoint that such things were beneath the dignity of English clubs. Don't take my word for it:

Hibernian were the first UK club to play the European Cup, reaching the semi-finals of the inaugural tournament in 1955. The English league winners, Chelsea, were denied entry by the Football League's secretary Alan Hardaker, who believed it was in the best interests of English football and football in general for them not to enter

LINK: European Cup and Champions League history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

G Richards - I thankyou for your welcome. Unfortunately most of the posters on this thread have shown themselves up somewhat. Why do I say that? Because if one of you was to sign on at a Chelsea forum, you'd be given a chance first. But not this lot. Most of them have gone straight on the attack with no provocation whatsoever. I've stated that I'm not on a windup, and it's true. I made a couple of Chelsea related posts, one concerning Guus Hiddink, the other about Damien Duff, a couple of days ago, no bollocks, no piss-take, just my opinion. Then I posted that video because it's a cracking video. Simple as that. There's no anti-Scouse content, no "we are the Chelsea and we are the best". Oh and the title of this thread is taken from the old song:

"If you know your history

It's enough to make your heart go

whoa whoa whoa whoa

We don't care what the Arsenal say

What the fuck do we care".

If there's one point to be made then it's that you'd do well to remember that history consists of ups and downs. NO team stays on top all the time. The Mancs are hopefully coming to an end of their period of domination. Assuming they don't continue to get away with it/nick the League yet again, and assuming we cope reasonably well while Drogba and Essien in particular are away at the ANC, and also barring an injury crisis or two, I'd expect this season's title to be between ourselves and Arsenal. Not that you're necessarily out of it yet. A cliche yes, but there's still a long way to go. Look back at Newcastle's collapse of a few seasons ago. We've had disastrous Christmas/New Year periods pre-Abramovich that have just about killed off our season. I'm convinced that if we'd had Guus in charge for the whole of last season, we'd have walked away with the League. Scolari was a disaster. No excuses, his training methods were decades out of date, his motivational skills non-existent, his capacity for blaming any other fucker except himself, enormous.

You want to argue with me, argue with that last paragraph. Save the bullshit for someone daft enough to swallow it.

G Richards - I thankyou for your welcome. Unfortunately most of the posters on this thread have shown themselves up somewhat. Why do I say that? Because if one of you was to sign on at a Chelsea forum, you'd be given a chance first. But not this lot. Most of them have gone straight on the attack with no provocation whatsoever. I've stated that I'm not on a windup, and it's true. I made a couple of Chelsea related posts, one concerning Guus Hiddink, the other about Damien Duff, a couple of days ago, no bollocks, no piss-take, just my opinion. Then I posted that video because it's a cracking video. Simple as that. There's no anti-Scouse content, no "we are the Chelsea and we are the best". Oh and the title of this thread is taken from the old song:
That's because when fans from our rivals come on here it's to take the piss and your user name only points to this. TBH I'm not so sure you are a wum as you seem to have taken the flak on the chin and used some constructive counter arguments. I think you'd have got off to a better start had you not posted the video clip as it was a bit like waving a "red rag" upon your arrival. I've also noticed you've posted on the GF which I don't think someone just on the wind up would do but, only time will tell.

If you are one of the older boys then I genuinely do see where your coming from regards being priced of the game and glory hunters jumping on the band wagon. There's one cunt on here goes by the name of ATK. He's never been to Anfield in his life but always turns up for the cup finals.

I've posted on the forum before that winning number five and the manor of the victory only helped the club to alienate it's most genuine long standing supporters. I'd take the days of the standing Kop, The Shed and The North Bank back in the blink of an eye. Halcyon days indeed.

Only time will tell if you are a wum but if your not then it should be interesting having you around. I hope you remember to brush your teeth and if you see Ollie or James tell them we said hello. ;)

First off, every club has history, most not as filled with silverware as ours but history none the less, we know that

The song has less to do with history then you think, It is a song designed to get your backs up and it clearly works, we only sing it to you as you're the only ones that would get upset by such a song given how touchy you are about your percieved lack of history and your unease that you only really started winning trophies after your good fortune with Roman

Meet any Chelsea fan and he'll feel the need to give you his credentials, tell you he was there when they got relegated and isnt one if the new breed, like you've just done, why should you have to justify yourself to anyone?

you've done that because of some insecurity as to how you guys are percieved, JCL's, classless lottery winners whatever, and we see that insecurity and someone made a catchy little ditty to wind you up about it

Your support does similar to us, we don't like being percieved as jobless layabouts, so you sing 'sign on' and wave £50 notes at us etc but I'm certainly not moved to tell every Chelsea fan I meet about my CV or the size of my bank balance to expose the factual inadequacies of the song*

To reiterate we don't sing it to anyone else, just you guys, get over your insecurities and it'll soon become pointless us singing it anymore, keep biting and justifying yourselves and we'll keep doing it

All the best,

T

What's your comment on the "Chelsea: Pride of London" banner which was so obviously produced by the club it's embarrassing? Or the Flag boys they have on the half way line and behind the goals they pay to wave when you score? So much history on those plastic monstrosities. Our flags cite past glories, yours cite...what? The club's corporate logo. Cracker. What's next? Bolton drummers to whip up the atmosphere at Shamford Bridge?

Footballing none-entity before Oil Money. Footballing none-entity when the Gravy train rolls out.

Also, here's some history for you, history that was MILES behind the line

article-0-0283992D0000044D-708_468x343.jpg

Edited by Paulie Dangerously

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

I'm struggling to see what the lad has done to deserve all the bile that followed?

And to think, if you speak to supporters of other teams, they accuse us of being arrogant

Guest The Chimp
I'm struggling to see what the lad has done to deserve all the bile that followed?

And to think, if you speak to supporters of other teams, they accuse us of being arrogant

Aye.

Motives or not, Chelsea were a big part of my childhood.

The 1970 cup final replay was my first real induction into the idea that football was not all about fancy goals, dribbles and flicks. It was often borderline warfare.

My dad always snarled about 'Dirty Leeds' and I never really got to see it in full force until this game and Chelsea, bless 'em, said we're not standing for it. One of the most violent games ever.

Every time I see a full-blooded challenge that gets the ball AND the man I still get that childish glee from that time.

And looking at that youtube, did anyone look better in all red than Ray Kennedy, even standing still?

Guest Red Rag

As I've already said, I'm not the Bulgarian fellah. But I will tell you I know of many Chelsea fans, previously convinced of Michael Shields' guilt, whose minds were changed or at least had serious doubts as to his guilt, after reading that thread.

How the username Red Rag came about. The initial thought was that it would be easier to get an account accepted - it was created specifically because the Bulgarian fellah wanted to discuss the Michael Shields case - if it contained the word "Red", and is it so happens, there was a discussion about favourite and least favourite Chelsea shirts. The winner, by a mile, of the least favourite, was the red away shirt (bad luck/relegation) from the '70s, which was referred to as "that fucking red rag". So there you have it.

It was actually the Cat Pics thread that attracted me to this site, and the Damien Duff/Guus Hiddink threads that prompted me to add a couple of football related comments. Put simply: I'd hate to see Guus manage Liverpool or any other English club, and Duffer was already well past his best when we sold him.

But the video? Watch it and you'll see it includes a few images of Mick Greenaway, who died a few years ago. The man was a true Chelsea legend, and was also a good friend of mine.

Sadly the Stamford Bridge I knew and loved is long gone. The Shed, North Stand, White Wall, even the benches (lower West Stand) all part of my history. Fulham Broadway tube station is unrecognisable, and The White Hart is a fucking wine bar. I suspect a lot of older Liverpool fans will have similar feelings about Anfield. Even Old Trafford. I remember there used to be a hell of an atmosphere up there. Never went up the Stretford End, but the Scoreboard End would be heaving. Look at it now.

While there are still 1,000s of genuine fans at the Bridge - yes even at Stamford Bridge - there are also far too many corporate cunts, tourists and JCLs for my liking. You hear stories of fans being asked to keep the noise down, mind their language and all the rest of it. I wasn't so much attempting to state my credentials as distance myself from these twats, and from that idiot (Sinatra? Shapiro?) who got what he deserved on this site not so long ago. Yes I saw that thread, and I have to say I felt no sympathy whatsoever for the dozy bollocks twat.

As I've already said, I'm not the Bulgarian fellah. But I will tell you I know of many Chelsea fans, previously convinced of Michael Shields' guilt, whose minds were changed or at least had serious doubts as to his guilt, after reading that thread.

How the username Red Rag came about. The initial thought was that it would be easier to get an account accepted - it was created specifically because the Bulgarian fellah wanted to discuss the Michael Shields case - if it contained the word "Red", and is it so happens, there was a discussion about favourite and least favourite Chelsea shirts. The winner, by a mile, of the least favourite, was the red away shirt (bad luck/relegation) from the '70s, which was referred to as "that fucking red rag". So there you have it.

It was actually the Cat Pics thread that attracted me to this site, and the Damien Duff/Guus Hiddink threads that prompted me to add a couple of football related comments. Put simply: I'd hate to see Guus manage Liverpool or any other English club, and Duffer was already well past his best when we sold him.

But the video? Watch it and you'll see it includes a few images of Mick Greenaway, who died a few years ago. The man was a true Chelsea legend, and was also a good friend of mine.

Sadly the Stamford Bridge I knew and loved is long gone. The Shed, North Stand, White Wall, even the benches (lower West Stand) all part of my history. Fulham Broadway tube station is unrecognisable, and The White Hart is a fucking wine bar. I suspect a lot of older Liverpool fans will have similar feelings about Anfield. Even Old Trafford. I remember there used to be a hell of an atmosphere up there. Never went up the Stretford End, but the Scoreboard End would be heaving. Look at it now.

While there are still 1,000s of genuine fans at the Bridge - yes even at Stamford Bridge - there are also far too many corporate cunts, tourists and JCLs for my liking. You hear stories of fans being asked to keep the noise down, mind their language and all the rest of it. I wasn't so much attempting to state my credentials as distance myself from these twats, and from that idiot (Sinatra? Shapiro?) who got what he deserved on this site not so long ago. Yes I saw that thread, and I have to say I felt no sympathy whatsoever for the dozy bollocks twat.

I thought you said you were off and had better things to do ..or are you in between board meetings at the moment

Jog on son

"Sadly the Stamford Bridge I knew and loved is long gone. The Shed, North Stand, White Wall, even the benches (lower West Stand) all part of my history. Fulham Broadway tube station is unrecognisable, and The White Hart is a fucking wine bar. I suspect a lot of older Liverpool fans will have similar feelings about Anfield. Even Old Trafford. I remember there used to be a hell of an atmosphere up there. Never went up the Stretford End, but the Scoreboard End would be heaving. Look at it now.

"

I can empathise with a lot of that to be honest as can probably a lot of supporters of a certain age.