You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Red Rag

Guest Red Rag

Ours goes all the way back to 1905 and here's a very small part of it:

[YOUTUBE]5rhE5MxPxUU[/YOUTUBE]

Why am I posting this? As a quick antidote to all that "you ain't got no history" bollocks. And as a reminder that Chelsea fans aren't all JCLs or prawn sandwich munching tourist type fucking wankers.

I'm not your Bulgarian pal who wanted to discuss the Michael Shields situation either. I'm using the same account though, and it was me who made those few posts last night.

I'm old school Chelsea. I started going to football in 1971, went all over England for 15 - 20 years. And the first time I went to Anfield was in the early '70s when Chelsea fans were banned from travelling to away games. I was in the Paddock which was crawling with kids acting as spotters for the hooligans in the Anfield Road End. Oh and the score was 2-2.

Enjoy the video.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Red Rag

I'm not justifying or defending anything. There's no need.

I'm merely pointing out that you collectively should be embarrassed by your definition of "history".

I'd also like to remind you that every town in England and many beyond have it's fair share of plastic glory hunting Liverpool fans who began supporting your lot when you were winning everything in site. Sadly we've amassed more than our share of this kind of twat over the last few years.

I'm merely pointing out that you collectively should be embarrassed by your definition of "history".

I'd also like to remind you that every town in England and many beyond have it's fair share of plastic glory hunting Liverpool fans who began supporting your lot when you were winning everything in site. Sadly we've amassed more than our share of this kind of twat over the last few years.

Embarrassed by a history of winning trophies?

Get lost, you Joey.

You should be embarrassed by your claims of "History" as you've clearly confusued "History" with "Existence".

If I knew how to NEG you I still wouldn't - that would simply mean you've registered.

If it wasnt for all the tourists you got following your lot you would struggle to get 20,000 at games never mind 40,000, you couldnt even sell out in the semi's of the champions league back in 08....

Your support is rubbish.

your fucking no marks always have been always will be.

Guest Red Rag

Not so. We were on the way up. Regular top 4 finishers - we finished as runners up before Mourinho. We'd won several cups and were challenging for the league.

Look. I'm not on a windup, but sadly the vast majority of Scousers are too fucking dense or prejudiced or what the fuck ever to see past what is effectively the party line.

You should be embarrassed by your claims of "History" as you've clearly confusued "History" with "Existence".

No mate. I know exactly what "History" means. You on the other hand, seem to believe that "History" equals success. By your definition Notts County have no history whatsoever.

And I was referring to the bandwagon jumpers - non-Scousers. I think you call them OOTs, who began supporting Liverpool because they were winning trophies year in year out, and for no other reason.

Guest Red Rag
Newcastle were consitently better than you. As were Leeds.

Were they? Traditionally Newcastle always used to lose in London, we always used to lose at St. James. Leeds have been nothing for decades. And just so as you know, the Chelsea v Leeds rivalry is second only to that between Chelsea & Tottenham. The North London derby is friendly in comparision.

This is the stuff of history, as is losing 7-1 at Wolves - I was there too, and I saw us lose 6-0 at Rotherham, and I was at the relegation battle at White Hart Lane. I could go on but you get the point: History means successes and failures.

Edited by Red Rag
added italicisation

History means successes and failures.

Yes. And you are swamped by the latter. With a capital F.

It's amazing the amount of fucktards that get on other clubs websites to try to get their point across, probably cos the fans on those websites realise what a knob they are dealing with forcing them elsewhere to talk bollox.

Guest Red Rag

I'm not even going to argue over our current day home support. I don't go any more, neither do a lot of people I know from the old days. Reasons for this in my case include health, finance, and so on.

It's difficult to get a decent atmosphere at Stamford Bridge because of the corporate cunts that fill up large areas of the ground. But the same could be said of most Premier League grounds. We do however, still have a decent away support. Back in the '70s and '80s going away was the thing, and it's quite easy to see how the situation has developed where it's the away fans who commonly make the most noise.

Anyway, I'm off. Seriously, I'm not on a windup. You want to stick with your definition if "history" then fine. It's your loss. So we were crap in the late '70s and '80s? This made winning that first League title for 50 years all the sweeter.

Another little bit of history. After we won the FA Cup in 1970, followed by the ECWC in '71, the club embarked on the first stages of redeveloping the ground. Unfortunately, that prize cunt Dave Sexton broke up the squad, and a series of builders strikes left the club seriously in debt. Only a million or so, but back then it was enough to put the club's very existence in jeopardy. This led almost inevitably to relegation, and for a long time we were a bit of a yo yo club, never quite recovering from the financial burden of what was then the new East Stand.

You believe what you like, we've got history alright, plenty of it.

Anyway I'm off. I've got better things to do.

KTBFFH

Edited by Red Rag
typo

I'm not even going to argue over our current day home support. I don't go any more, neither do a lot of people I know from the old days. Reasons for this in my case include health, finance, and so on.

It's difficult to get a decent atmosphere at Stamford Bridge because of the corporate cunts that fill up large areas of the ground. But the same could be said of most Premier League grounds. We do however, still have a decent away support. Back in the '70s and '80s going away was the thing, and it's quite easy to see how the situation has developed where it's the away fans who commonly make the most noise.

Anyway, I'm off. Seriously, I'm not on a windup. You want to stick with your definition if "history" then fine. It's your loss. So we were crap in the late '70s and '80s? This made winning that first League title for 50 years all the sweeter.

Another little bit of history. After we won the FA Cup in 1970, followed by the ECWC in '71, the club embarked on the first stages of redeveloping the ground. Unfortunately, that prize cunt Dave Sexton broke up the squad, and a series of builders strikes left the club seriously in debt. Only a million or so, but back then it was enough to put the club's very existence in jeopardy. This led almost inevitably to relegation, and for a long time we were a bit of a yo yo club, never quite recovering from the financial burden of what was then the new East Stand.

You believe what you like, we've got history alright, plenty of it.

Anyway I'm off. I've got better things to do.

KTBFFG

What a twat....

If you had getter things to do why come on here in the first place.

Oh and is it not KTBBFH? You are a disgwaaace!

Were they? Traditionally Newcastle always used to lose in London, we always used to lose at St. James. Leeds have been nothing for decades. And just so as you know, the Chelsea v Leeds rivalry is second only to that between Chelsea & Tottenham. The North London derby is friendly in comparision.

This is the stuff of history, as is losing 7-1 at Wolves - I was there too, and I saw us lose 6-0 at Rotherham, and I was at the relegation battle at White Hart Lane. I could go on but you get the point: History means successes and failures.

There's a good bit of Barney rubble at Landan derbys innit?

Red Rag - if you are not on a wind-up, welcome. You've followed your team for many years - fair enough.

My understanding of Chelsea (without bothering to look it up) is that pre-Roman you won the league perhaps a couple of times in your hundred year history, with the last one being 1955. In the five or so years leading up to Abramovich Ken Bates was pushing the boat out and greatly over-extended the club to get you on the fringes of the big time. Without the Russian coming in you likely would have gone the way of Leeds.

That's my understanding of things, with no animosity in my heart.

If you are a genuine footy fan and not on a wind-up, welcome. I think you will win the league this season.

Not so. We were on the way up. Regular top 4 finishers - we finished as runners up before Mourinho. We'd won several cups and were challenging for the league.

Look. I'm not on a windup, but sadly the vast majority of Scousers are too fucking dense or prejudiced or what the fuck ever to see past what is effectively the party line.

No mate. I know exactly what "History" means. You on the other hand, seem to believe that "History" equals success. By your definition Notts County have no history whatsoever.

And I was referring to the bandwagon jumpers - non-Scousers. I think you call them OOTs, who began supporting Liverpool because they were winning trophies year in year out, and for no other reason.

History is something to recount, History is something to inspire - Existence is waiting for History to arive.

Chelsea have Existed for a long time.

Who mentioned Shitcoat?

Surely, the point is that Chelsea were mediocre shit prior to the bent bastard oligarch brought his dodgy billions in.

Also - "That's what we call history" is not an attempt at re-writing the dictionary. IT'S A FUCKING SONG!