You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shit Liverpool players you actually quite liked.

lifetime fan

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People may say a lot of things about Djimi Traore' date=' and most of them will not be complimentary. But without his goal-line clearance late in the second half, we would never have won No. 5 in Istanbul. And so, he was [i']as[/i] responsible and as creditworthy of all the praise and plaudits as our talismanic Captain, Gerrard, Alonso and Smicer for scoring. Dudek for his heroics against Shevchenko and in the penalty shootout. Didi and the inestimable part he played when he came on. And all the others who made their positive contributions. That obviously excludes the slacker who came off after about 20 minutes. Without the late goal-line clearance from Djimi, we would never have got as far as the shootout.

It's easy for many to ridicule the lad and his appearance and style of play and whatever else may be levelled against him, but just think for a moment and appreciate his vast and vital contribution to us returning to the very top in Europe. It may suit some to dismiss this moment, but it cannot be brushed aside and forgotten about while we laud and applaud the more recognisable and more regular heroes. This was his night every bit as much as theirs and his medal will have real worth and value to stand alongside his contribution.

Thank you, Djimi. A legend alongside many others on that night and forever. You'll Never Walk Alone.

Without his clumsy tackle we wouldn't of been 1 nil down after a minute.

Kvarme is a decent call, and apparantly he had many years in France and Spain after he left us - though he looked completely shite for us.

But Traore wins this, no question about it. How he pulled it off I'll never understand. One of the most remarkable careers in football, for sure.

Edit: And a player like Baros wasn't shite, just thick as a plank.

we probably wouldn't have been 3-0 down if we didn't have that clown playing for us

he was fucking awful, can't believe people defend him based on one clearance, worst player I've ever seen play for us, everytime he got dropped we'd go on a much better run of results

I agree, he was shocking. It wasn't even that he would have a "mare" every few games. He would have one most games. I lost count how many pens he gave away. I bet it was near 8. Wenger or Fergie wouldn't have given him a game in the reserves seriously! He was a disaster. I can't believe he was a LFC player for 5 or 6 years. As for the European Cup, he won a winners medal and deserves it. He contributed to the win. The reason we were 0-1 down after 90 seconds was down to him though.:eek:

Leonhardsen. A real shit player. No flair, couldn’t tackle, couldn’t shoot, couldn’t pass, probably the slowest player ever to play in the Premier League. His only asset was his stamina, one hell of an engine in that lad. If you’d tell him to run rounds around Anfield until he was told to stop, you could come back the next week and he’d still be running.

He’s the prime example of how much you can achieve by working hard. Even with the obvious lack of talent he made some descent performances for us and scored a couple of goals as well. Great guy.

He's not shit . stringvest gets most things wrong, and likes to talk about Kuyt in most threads (even when the thread is patently meant to discuss ex players). He has this really weird obsession. it's really odd behaviour but what can you do? just roll with it, as the brothers gallagher once sang.

Laugh all you like but I think even David N'gog would have done better with the chances we're creating right now than the former Newcastle man who I'm To annoyed at right now to say the name of. IIRR; N'gog had little patches where He'd start to look like another 'Trezeguet' style instinctive finisher - Score 4 or 5 goals in a row in said patch and then do fcuk all for 3 months but at least he Scored 4 or 5 goals - that's more than Young Master You Know Who has managed All Season thus far which says a lot given their respective price tags no? Makes you wonder.................

Also liked Bruno Cheyrou for some strange & Unknown reason. Again, IIRR we spent the Whole of the utterly awful 03/04 sesaon wondering up and down midtable and just below like a dog following a lost scent only to make a sudden, late and ultimately successful charge towards the nirvana that was (and is) the fabled Land of the 'Top 4' And how utterly crucial to our clubs history given what happened at the end of the following season was That come to think of it?

Anyway in the dark and gloomy mess that was 03/04's later months? (which included Home defeats to the Might of Charlton & Southampton amongst others) I remember being very happy around January time I think when Cheyrou came out of his shell all to briefly to give us our first win at the Run Down Dump that is Stamford Pit for 19 odd years and then scoring a couple of decent FA Cup goals against Newcastle and a nice volley at Wolves/Brum/Villa or somewhere in the Midlands was it? Of course after that in a Liverpool shirt? He was never heard nor spoken of again but that's not the point for those 3 or 4 games? You really Could see (or I could) what Houllier meant maybe not about him being the "new Zidane" but certainly a decent enough player - Then it all went wrong again and that was that. And other than a decent win at OT and the above mentioned storming of the Bridge.....Oh and the ritual humiliation of our blue brethren at their Pit (and that year? We Did humiliate them utterly) - Well I'd say that month when Cheyrou woke up from his slumbers gave me About the only half-decent memories from that complete wreck of a season...............

NB DohNuts? Whenever anyone mentions Traore? It's to moan about That Own Goal at Burnley or compliment him on That Goal Line clearence in Istanbul but Why When I think of him do I always remember him falling over the ball and someone dressed in Black rounding him & our Keeper easily on the way to scoring to the sound of howls of laughter from All our foes around 2003(ish)? Am I imagining things because I could have Sworn we let in such a goal against someone like Brum/Wolves/Fulham/Charlton etc at Anfield that year and it was All Traore's fault - Anyone remember it? Anyway - That is all I see whenever I think of Djimi Traore.

Edited by Redshadow

Edit have read up on Traore - The goal I mentioned did happen - Was against Charlton in the run in to 2002/2003 season and we came back to win 2-1. When Sean Bartlett (for it was he who scored That goal I spoke of) scored again at Anfield 12 months later though for Charlton? We didn't come back again and that was basically that for Gerard Houllier...............

Mauricio Pellegrino? Looked a class defender or all that was left of one after a life at the top with Valencia and Rafa' burnt him out prior to coming to us; IIRR though? He had all the turning speed of a stricken Oil tanker. Always liked him when he was a player though he's now long since retired................