You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa explains Keane and Barry debacle

Torvald Utne

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unwitting or otherwise, it was a masterstroke by Rafa lighting a fire under Xabi's arse that summer. After two less than incendiary seasons, he stepped up to the plate and was a leader in one of our few real assaults on the title over the last couple of decades.

He is shite and he is slow, he is a nothing player in the true meaning of the word.

The inclusion of Barry in their team is one of the main reasons City were dumped out of the CL and Europa League.

Born and true winner though, having played football at the highest level for 15 seasons and having 1 FA Cup and 1 PL medal to show from it.

Thats just excellent and a true sign of a winner.

You contradict yourself all over the place Frode.

Alonso won fuck all during his time here by the same token, ergo, he's also a bad tit like Barry?

What about Reina? or Gerrard, or Agger, or Suarez? Won fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

Show me on the doll where Rafa touched you. This is the bottom line of all this, once more.

Guest TK-421
Alonso has won fuck all?

"DURING HIS TIME HERE BY THE SAME TOKEN". You know, the bit that adds all of the context. That you like to ignore.

Explain to the Germans how good Gareth Barry is.

Hes another plodding average English player who has landed in the right place at the right time.

If Yaya Toure and Barry were available when City were rolling in it we would have signed Barry or City might have bought both at the same time.

Guest TK-421
Explain to the Germans how good Gareth Barry is.

Hes another plodding average English player who has landed in the right place at the right time.

If Yaya Toure and Barry were available when City were rolling in it we would have signed Barry or City might have bought both at the same time.

I don't get this post.

Judging a player on one game probably isn't very helpful. By the same token Gerrard is shit.

Also, Barry was available when man city were rolling in it. So they bought him.

I don't get this post.

Judging a player on one game probably isn't very helpful. By the same token Gerrard is shit.

People should ask themselves how likely it is that a player who is shit would start every week for man city. They should then ask themselves if maybe some of the best managers in the world are seeing something they are not. They should then consider the possibility that maybe they don't know as much about football as they think they do.

"DURING HIS TIME HERE BY THE SAME TOKEN". You know, the bit that adds all of the context. That you like to ignore.

Yeah that Champions League, FA Cup and European Championship he won in his 5 years with us is nothing compared to the FA Cup and Premier League Barry has got in 15 years.

Was it context you said?

I know you rate the Supercup so you can add that as well.

Yeah that Champions League, FA Cup and European Championship he won in his 5 years with us is nothing compared to the FA Cup and Premier League Barry has got in 15 years.

Was it context you said?

I know you rate the Supercup so you can add that as well.

Gareth Barry played more games in winning the league this year than Alonso did in winning all the trophies you mention, including the Supercup. Stick that pointless stat up your arse you mentalist.

I don't get this post.

The point is that against top quality opposition and without the likes of Toure alongside him hes just not very good at all.

bayern knocked city out in the group stages too i believe.

The PL is also overhyped shite so as i said earlier hes an average english player.

Guest TK-421
The point is that against top quality opposition and without the likes of Toure alongside him hes just not very good at all.

bayern knocked city out in the group stages too i believe.

The PL is also overhyped shite so as i said earlier hes an average english player.

Toure is a fantastic player who is paid 200k per week and will enhance any team. That doesn't make Barry a bad player, though, so I have to disagree with the assessment of "not very good at all".

As for the CL, it happens. Is Wayne Rooney a bad player because Man Utd got dumped out of Europe twice? Or because England struggled badly in South Africa? Not in my view.

It's not a compelling argument.

I disagree that the PL is shite as well. Overhyped I will definitely give you.

Guest TK-421

Joe Hart praises his countrymen:

Hart "frustrated" at lack of praise - Sports Mole

Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart believes that the likes of Gareth Barry and Joleon Lescott deserve more praise for their contributions this season.

The North West side are just two games away from clinching their first Premier League title in over 40 years, with Sergio Aguero and David Silva receiving the most accolades for the club's progression.

"I can't speak highly enough of Gareth and Joleon," said Hart. "Sometimes it frustrates me, not because I don't want people to get praise.

"I love the way Sergio Aguero and David Silva have set this Premier League alight. But it is frustrating that people don't see the hard work that others do. Everyone deserves their dues."