You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa explains Keane and Barry debacle

Torvald Utne

God knows why he brought this up now. He cant think it makes him look good? It would have meant we'd have sold Alonso who went on to be one of our best players that season, put a defensive midfielder on the wing and ended up having the two slowest attacking wide players in the history of football.

i know.i bet the opposition full backs would of hated playing against barry and kuyt bombing down the wings!

he's the only manager of a top club who believes his midfield is there to stop the opposition more than creating chances!

if he didnt anger me so much it'd actually be quite funny!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more interested in winning games and going up the table.

Actually, I'm least interested in hearing our manager talk about the players we missed out and the overall value of the squad. I wouldn't want to go to Anfield and sit there thinking how much the squad value is or how Barry would have thrived in that team.

That actually doesn't answer my question. I think I know the answer.

I don't think you know what your question is.

My question is the one you avoided - "So you're not interested in an explanation of his thoughts, methods or behind the scenes workings"

Look, I get it - you don't rate Benitez. I'm just pointing out how much some of your posts are embarrasing you when you think you have another angle to attack him from.

It's really up to you how much of a tit you make of yourself. But be fair - you really shouldn't get upset when someone points that out to you.

I'm just pointing out how much some of your posts are embarrasing

You should read some of your own posts. Go on, try it.

It's really up to you how much of a tit you make of yourself. But be fair - you really shouldn't get upset when someone points that out to you.

Very rich that, coming from a massive tit like you.

Anyone else getting a bit worried about Rafa's latest interviews? I'm not his biggest fan, I know, but it's not really like him to be like this.

When has a manager explained himself so much, in such a short period of time?

Ferguson does one of these every year at the beginning of the season. Wenger has just done one in France where he explains the mechanics of his coaching and of the problem of developing a backbone.

That'll be the best part of you gone. Although you could put the time to good use by thinking about an answer to the question you are still avoiding.

Never mind the question, hear about the poo I just had. It was massive and very fulfulling to get rid of.

It needed 2 full flushes. Even then, it failed to flush, forcing me to think about you and your posts. You should feel honoured.

Never mind the question, hear about the poo I just had. It was massive and very fulfulling to get rid of.

It needed 2 full flushes. Even then, it failed to flush, forcing me to think about you and your posts. You should feel honoured.

I do feel honoured, that you tried twice to get rid but failed is a perfect simile.

Thanks again for proving my point.

Could you imagine starting last season with Kuyt on 1 wing, Barry on another, fullbacks around the country would be shitting themselves no doubt!!!! So Keane was collateral damage, good that explains taking him off against ten men Arsenal and replacing him with El Zhar, get a grip Rafa Keane was fucked around because you were trying to get 1 up on Parry, no more no less.

Could it possibly be that in an interview, an interviewer asks questions and Rafa answers them? Meaning that Rafa doesn't actually choose what to talk about? I'm sure we were all interested to know Rafa's viewpoint on the Barry/Keane/Alonso saga and I appreciate that he has given answers. But instead it has to be inferred that Rafa is trying to make Rick Parry look bad, and he's a deluded freak who is trying to curry favour with the national press because we are on a bad run of form?

Could it possibly be that in an interview, an interviewer asks questions and Rafa answers them? Meaning that Rafa doesn't actually choose what to talk about? I'm sure we were all interested to know Rafa's viewpoint on the Barry/Keane/Alonso saga and I appreciate that he has given answers. But instead it has to be inferred that Rafa is trying to make Rick Parry look bad, and he's a deluded freak who is trying to curry favour with the national press because we are on a bad run of form?

Was just about to say the same, have seen so many posts asking why he is speaking about it now, but he is being interviewed, therefore he is answering questions, how can so many not see this? If he avoided answering the question, wouldn't he have just looked worse?

I do belive Parry just didn't have what it takes to conduct transfers of such magnitude. I can sympathise with Rafa over that. But who put Keanes name on the list in the first place, Rafa I would expect, hence Rafa must take the flack, for the poor performances of Keane. Ifs and but,s are niether here nore there, Rafa requested Keane, Parry pays over the odds, hence we can not now afford Barry.

That is the way I see it. Your Fired !

I think Rafa will have been well preped and spoken beforehand about what questions were okay and what questions were off limits. You don't get an interview like this without have some dialogue between both parties beforehand. I'd imagine so anyway.

It is amazing how much spin these "rafa whiners" can put into almost any situation. One week they're asking - no demanding - explanations of situations, the next week he answers them and they have a go at him for it.

I do belive Parry just didn't have what it takes to conduct transfers of such magnitude. I can sympathise with Rafa over that. But who put Keanes name on the list in the first place, Rafa I would expect, hence Rafa must take the flack, for the poor performances of Keane. Ifs and but,s are niether here nore there, Rafa requested Keane, Parry pays over the odds, hence we can not now afford Barry.

That is the way I see it. Your Fired !

Do you actually think that it was simply a list of names that was passed to Parry without any explanation? I really don't for one minute think that Parry was not involved in the discussion around how all these players would fit together - do you?

Often you can have a meeting with people and some only hear what they wanted to hear. For me Parry cum his load over Keane and over spent to get him. I do believe a lot of the cock ups over transfers was down to Parry. I do believe Parry was way out of his depth and a lot would go over his head

But at the end of the day, Keane was not upto the task and Rafa must take the blame for identifying Keane as a perspective LFC player.

In all honesty I feel Rafa or Parry,worked a miricle to get most of the fee back in such a short time.