You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ChicagoRed

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself live with a mortgage, because I bought a house. Had Liverpool FC borrowed money to build a new house (stadium), I’d have to agree with you.

What I’d like you to explain to me is: How can it be a good thing piling up debt and spend it on absolutely nothing. 4 years ago Liverpool FC had the same assets as today and was 40M in debt. Now we’re more than 300M in debt. Please tell me; in what way is that beneficial to us. And please don’t start with Torres.

It's a good thing because it exited the ownership of Moores. Like most purchases these days, it was funded with debt. The purchase makes possible the increase in value that will come from a better team, a better stadium, better commercial performance. Of course H & G will benefit, but they undertook the risk. How else do you think LFC was going to catch up with the elite? Santa Claus, a workers co-op, fuck no!

Shouldn't that be "Chicago fraudster".

Evidently lying, raping, plundering and fraud are all fair game for that monkey.

One thing tho', its more about stealing profits than Liverpool Football club incurring debt.

A simple fraudulent device to plunder a once great institution.

PS Chicago Red, why don't you die, preferably slowly and very painfully.

And if you think your two turd bosses and their scummy families don't risk death even visiting Anfield you must be even more retarded than I thought you were.

JUST FUCK OFF AND DIE CUNT

It's a great song.....it was used by British troops to mock the Americans in the War of Independence. We know who won that one, don't we?

Strange how history repeats itself when you have your eyes and ears closed and only your mouth open.

Get fuckin real!

What did the Vietnamise sing to your lot when they were wiping there arses with you?

It's a great song.....it was used by British troops to mock the Americans in the War of Independence. We know who won that one, don't we?

Strange how history repeats itself when you have your eyes and ears closed and only your mouth open.

Get fuckin real!

Sounds a bit like you really.

According to this Kop Ltd. has a debt of approx. 5 times EBITDA (earnings before tax, interest, depreciation and appreciations).

The major - Danish - companies I know of, that provide guidance for debt level compared to earnings aim for a debt of 2,5 times EBITDA.

If the club were to build a stadium, the debt would go even further up. But that's not even the worst part. That is the fact that the club got absolutely nothing for all that debt except swapping one penniless owner for two.

What do you think of that "Debt bullshit", Chicago?

Get fuckin real!

Shame you weren't in the WTC really?

How does it feel to know your scummy Hicks family are walking round, knowing millions of people would laugh their socks off at news of their death?

Liverpool doesn't have an "English" mentality you moron. Lets see who's crying when the 2 cunts era is over.It won't be anyone THIS side of the Atlantic.

This thread started appallingly and got worse from there.

Chicago, how can it be good that we're now in worse debt than when we started and are spending less on transfers than we have in years? It would be understandable if their was a new stadium but that's not gonna happen anytime soon either.

And anyone wishing people were dead is a disgrace. It doesn't mean you love the club, it means you're a twat.

According to this Kop Ltd. has a debt of approx. 5 times EBITDA (earnings before tax, interest, depreciation and appreciations).

The major - Danish - companies I know of, that provide guidance for debt level compared to earnings aim for a debt of 2,5 times EBITDA.

If the club were to build a stadium, the debt would go even further up. But that's not even the worst part. That is the fact that the club got absolutely nothing for all that debt except swapping one penniless owner for two.

What do you think of that "Debt bullshit", Chicago?

Debt ratios vary by industry and the life-cycle stage of the business. Comparing to typical Danish companies doesn't make sense. You need to compare to like businesses, Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona for example.

And of course the stadium would require debt although a lot less than you probably imagine, what do you suggest, that we don't do it?

Debt is a resource, in some senses, just like bricks and mortar and without it things like stadiums don't get built. In the past the yanks have done some stupid, stupid things. Things people with a background in LBOs should not have done but now Purslow is in place at least there is someone with a complete picture.

This thread started appallingly and got worse from there.

Chicago, how can it be good that we're now in worse debt than when we started and are spending less on transfers than we have in years? It would be understandable if their was a new stadium but that's not gonna happen anytime soon either.

And anyone wishing people were dead is a disgrace. It doesn't mean you love the club, it means you're a twat.

Over here LBOs are as common as apple pie, the success stories are plentiful, when you've seen these things run the full cycle you get a different outlook on the temporary growing pains.

Debt ratios vary by industry and the life-cycle stage of the business. Comparing to typical Danish companies doesn't make sense. You need to compare to like businesses, Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona for example.

And of course the stadium would require debt although a lot less than you probably imagine, what do you suggest, that we don't do it?

Debt is a resource, in some senses, just like bricks and mortar and without it things like stadiums don't get built. In the past the yanks have done some stupid, stupid things. Things people with a background in LBOs should not have done but now Purslow is in place at least there is someone with a complete picture.

Fair point - I just compared it to the information I know how to find easily.

And I don't have a problem with the club being in debt because of investments in the club's future like a new stadium would be. But being deep in debt with absolutely nothing to show for it but a couple of lying owners is totally and utterly devasting.

The great thing about Liverpool is that in among all the seething, ranting, and raging, thee is some innate decency, and when connected with knowledge, a fair amount of real common sense.

There is no doubt that in every respect that counts, the club is much further ahead than five years ago and more importantly, it has a bright future if it's managed well.

It appears that the global recession did not affect the City of Liverpool - why else would people not recognize that investment plans the world over have been put on hold?

As for the comments - I grew up in Liverpool 24, went to school and university in Liverpool 1, the bones of my family are buried in Liverpool ground. I know the kind of people who are making these mindless statements, but I love 'em nonetheless.

When you don't have compelling argument, threaten. When threatening doesn't work, wait till it's dark and let his tires down!

I have not heard a single plausible proposal on this forum that would strengthen our team, our balance sheet, and get the stadium built.

Just whingeing from the majority, and polite "tut, tuts from the Aigburth and Childwall crowd.

I want a club and a team that rules the fuckin' world. I think we are closer than we've been in 20 years!

Over here LBOs are as common as apple pie, the success stories are plentiful, when you've seen these things run the full cycle you get a different outlook on the temporary growing pains.

You're just a fucking idiot. Not welcome being associated in any way shape or form with a FOOTBALL CLUB.Especially Liverpool.

Take your vile frauds, lies and "brand building" crap elsewhere.

PS go and take a holiday in Afghanistan.

The great thing about Liverpool is that in among all the seething, ranting, and raging, thee is some innate decency, and when connected with knowledge, a fair amount of real common sense.

There is no doubt that in every respect that counts, the club is much further ahead than five years ago and more importantly, it has a bright future if it's managed well.

It appears that the global recession did not affect the City of Liverpool - why else would people not recognize that investment plans the world over have been put on hold?

As for the comments - I grew up in Liverpool 24, went to school and university in Liverpool 1, the bones of my family are buried in Liverpool ground. I know the kind of people who are making these mindless statements, but I love 'em nonetheless.

When you don't have compelling argument, threaten. When threatening doesn't work, wait till it's dark and let his tires down!

I have not heard a single plausible proposal on this forum that would strengthen our team, our balance sheet, and get the stadium built.

Just whingeing from the majority, and polite "tut, tuts from the Aigburth and Childwall crowd.

I want a club and a team that rules the fuckin' world. I think we are closer than we've been in 20 years!

Come back in May when we fail to qualify for the CL. Tell us we are stronger then, as we wave goodbye to Mascherano et al.

Well done. You ignored all the people who have handed your arse to you and showed how much trouble we are in. Good to see you know more then KPMG, RBS and the financial experts at UEFA and have enlightened us with absolutely no facts or figures whatsoever to back up your entirely absurd statement that we are not in any real unmanagabe debt.

You're full of it. And Clueless.

The plausible option is an investor who can build the club with their own money and taking out profit when it is earned. The yanks leveraged the debt against the club and have not contriubted anymore to transfer fees or building a stadium. If you think we're in a stronger position than we were 3 years ago you are mental. Yes, we wanted Moores out but we needed someone with even a slight understanding if what Liverpool was about and who would operate in our best interests. The last few years have been a disaster off the field for the club and we are now seeing the effects of that filter down to the displays on the pitch.

It's amazing that you need a more plausible argument than 'spending more on transfers than we bring in' which didn't happen this summer. If your condesending shite about being from the city is true you must at least have the basic football knowledge to realise that is hardly going forward.

And if you are from here what the fuck are you bringing up the war of independance for? Only a yank would think anyone remotely gave a shit about that.