You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Uganda looked like the most beautiful place on earth in the one last night. Top Gear' date=' well it's escapism for blokes really - who would not want to bazz around Africa with their mates in a 4WD banger (with attendant support crew)? Or have an educated insight into a piece of modern art and engineering that probably cost more than your house and is continuing a long proud heritage of exellence in it's field whilst being the best part of some boffin's life work?

"I just hate these middle aged mens obsession with expensive pieces of scrap metal on wheels".

Fine, fuck off to Mumsnet and chunder on about corrie and how shit the world is, then.[/quote']

Some of us hate both cars and soaps alike.

A necessary evil im afraid and i dont need to have my nose rubbed in it that i can barely afford to run a 14 year old focus while 3 highly paid cunts are paid a kings ransom to act like they really give a shit about anything but themselves.

Deals on Wheels and the other Mike Brewer stuff wipes the floor with Twat Gear.

A necessary evil im afraid and i dont need to have my nose rubbed in it that i can barely afford to run a 14 year old focus while 3 highly paid cunts are paid a kings ransom to act like they really give a shit about anything but themselves.

I'm not a car fan and I don't believe the majority of the audience are too. It's an interesting show with cars as the main idea. But basically its not a 'car' show!

I only watched the first episode of the current series, didn't enjoy it and haven't watched it since. Used to love it, even until quite recently but it is beginning to annoy me. Strange too, because I still watch the occasional repeat on Dave and like those ones as much as I used to. Maybe the cynical old bastards on here have poisoned my fragile little mind.

I'll give last nights episode half an hour to win me over, on Trumo's advice.

Pretty much agree with this. Used to be really good but in recent years it has just got more and more contrived and the ego's of all three presenters have increased, which is quite something considering one of them is Clarkson. Having said that, I may catch up with last nights episode as the specials are generally still watchable.

I drive an old Audi A4 that was designed in the last century, and is probably worth less than what I paid for its last service. But I love driving it and appreciate well-built and engineered cars - like the Focus (as would the TG presenters I reckon).

I'll never afford a Van Gogh painting, or get to meet Kelly Brook, but I still appreciate their beauty nonetheless and don't consider their exposure as having my nose rubbed in-it. Enjoy what you have and let others do the same. It isn't about what something's worth but the value you derive from it mate.

Mike Brewer is a cunt, tried to nick a chip off me in Duns the cheeky bastard.

He's a shit used car salesman as well, profit margins are shite in deals on wheels, he's be fucked without Ed China.

Mike Brewer is a cunt' date=' tried to nick a chip off me in Duns the cheeky bastard.

He's a shit used car salesman as well, profit margins are shite in deals on wheels, he's be fucked without Ed China.[/quote']

But its entertainment and they are a good double act.

Looks like you're one of many who Brewer has nicked a chip off.

Watched the 'source of the nile' finale this evening. Clarkeson is still a massive cunt but I like him, Hammond is just such a beta male pussy but I like him, James May is the worlds best uncle and a proper legend.

It always amazes me when I chat to american friends and they love this show. I kinda take it for granted but given the crap generally produced by the BBC I'm pleased Top Gear is there to try and even the balance.

• 5 years later...

Hardly watched any of it since Clarkson and co left. The show was a lot better with those 3 even if Clarkson is an insufferable Tory cunt and Hammond thinks he's a lot better than he actually is. With McGuinness and Flintoff, the producers are clearly aiming for 'laddish' entertainment and 'bantz', failing to realise that what originally made the Clarkson/Hammond/May trio work was an organic development of their friendship and dynamic, which was only overplayed for TV purposes in their last few years on the show. You can't just throw personalities together and get that same vibe.

Top Gear was at its best not when they featured supercars, but when they put run-of-the-mill cars, cars with mechanical issues or straight-up bangers through a series of challenges.