You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Get Dominic Diamond, Andy Crane, Violet Berlin and Patrick Moore involved and then we'll have a fucking show. Maybe replace the stig with a former pursuit driver copper who was thrown off the force for drink driving.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

BUnch of unfunny, middle aged spunk sacks.

I dont care if they are just pretending to be like that. THey are still cunts of the highest order

Never a truer word written.

I dont hate it because of Clarkson I just hate these middle aged mens obsession with expensive pieces of scrap metal on wheels.

It might work again if it retained its original format of reviewing cars,some of which the viewers might actually buy and the technology that goes into making them what they are.

Instead of 3 knobheads acting like 9yr olds fighting over each others xmas presents.

That's faint praise indded though to be fair, watching someone drown is more entertaining than the X Factor.

Agreed but if shit like 'mrs browns boys' is the future of scripted comedy, then give me top gear everytime. Unfortunately there appears to be no decent writers around anymore that aren't interested HBO style mega-series.

• 1 year later...

Bump.

I know loads of you hate the show and despise the presenters, but tonight's episode was a real gem. It's part 1 of a 2-part special where they have to locate the source of the River Nile while each driving around in a £1500 estate car. Next week they'll show part 2. When they do these special episodes without all the filler (Star In A Reasonably Priced Car, etc) and they have a worthwhile purpose or reason for going to another part of the world, they can sometimes really hit upon a great idea. Sure, there are still some contrived moments and tired jokes, but the show is much better to watch when they aren't just talking about the latest million-horsepower supercars.

Was great, that episode. This latest series has been of a higher standard to the last few IMO. I still like the show and I like the three guys who present it. Even Hammond.

It seems really fashionable to hate this show at the moment and I can't really figure out why. 3 guys dicking about with cars, what's not to like?

I only watched the first episode of the current series, didn't enjoy it and haven't watched it since. Used to love it, even until quite recently but it is beginning to annoy me. Strange too, because I still watch the occasional repeat on Dave and like those ones as much as I used to. Maybe the cynical old bastards on here have poisoned my fragile little mind.

I'll give last nights episode half an hour to win me over, on Trumo's advice.

Never a truer word written.

I dont hate it because of Clarkson I just hate these middle aged mens obsession with expensive pieces of scrap metal on wheels.

It might work again if it retained its original format of reviewing cars,some of which the viewers might actually buy and the technology that goes into making them what they are.

Instead of 3 knobheads acting like 9yr olds fighting over each others xmas presents.

Original format? FFS that was years & years ago. Thats not coming back.

The reason its so popular now because no fucker wants to know if the new Passat has a bigger boot than the old one.

If you want real reviews buy What Car magazine, - if you want entertaining watch the telly.

That car for old people episode was good fun

they tested that round by me, the bit where they were having the picnic was about 300 yards away from my house (as the crow flies).

I quite enjoy the programme still, but it is much better when they do these cross country ones in resonably priced cars!

Uganda looked like the most beautiful place on earth in the one last night. Top Gear, well it's escapism for blokes really - who would not want to bazz around Africa with their mates in a 4WD banger (with attendant support crew)? Or have an educated insight into a piece of modern art and engineering that probably cost more than your house and is continuing a long proud heritage of exellence in it's field whilst being the best part of some boffin's life work?

"I just hate these middle aged mens obsession with expensive pieces of scrap metal on wheels".

Fine, fuck off to Mumsnet and chunder on about corrie and how shit the world is, then.

havent seen last nights yet, still love the show and the old people car last week had me laughing out loud quite a few times. like the 3 presenters, like the format of the show. if i didnt i wouldnt watch it, nor would i come on here and moan about how bad it is, if you dont like dont fuckin watch it or come on a thread about it