You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I like Flintoff.

His recent series trying to get bored teenagers from all communities into cricket was excellent and very moving. Field of Dreams it was called.  Up for a BAFTA I think.

Quite emotional hearing recently that a young Afghan lad on the series had won his appeal against deportation and had new adoptive parents and was starting school here.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I like Flintoff.

His recent series trying to get bored teenagers from all communities into cricket was excellent and very moving. Field of Dreams it was called.  Up for a BAFTA I think.

Quite emotional hearing recently that a young Afghan lad on the series had won his appeal against deportation and had new adoptive parents and was starting school here.

That’s fantastic news

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

I like Flintoff.

Made up to hear that! Came across as a lovely lad. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, stringvest said:

I can't imagine that.  He's got kids at more or less school leaving age.  Flat earthers don't have that relationship with reality.  

Ex-England cricket skipper Andrew “Freddie” Flintoff believes the world is flat, or at least “bulbous”.

Freddie came to the conclusion after becoming a devotee of the conspiracy theory podcast The Flat Earthers.

They believe that the photos of Earth from space are lies that come from NASA, and claimed that the recent solar eclipse was a set up.

Speaking on his own BBC podcast with Welsh ex-soccer player Robbie Savage, Flintoff spoke about why he came to the conclusion that the world is flat.

“If you’re in a helicopter and you hover why does the Earth not come to you if it’s round?” he asked.

“Why, if we’re hurtling through space, why would water stay still? Why is it not wobbling?

“Also, if you fire a laser about 16 miles, if the world was curved, you shouldn’t be able to see it but you can.”

He also revealed what he thinks the world actually looks like.

“The middle is the North Pole, around the outside is the South Pole which is like a big wall of ice,” he said.

“This is why all governments now have bases on the South Pole.”

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Ex-England cricket skipper Andrew “Freddie” Flintoff believes the world is flat, or at least “bulbous”.

Freddie came to the conclusion after becoming a devotee of the conspiracy theory podcast The Flat Earthers.

They believe that the photos of Earth from space are lies that come from NASA, and claimed that the recent solar eclipse was a set up.

Speaking on his own BBC podcast with Welsh ex-soccer player Robbie Savage, Flintoff spoke about why he came to the conclusion that the world is flat.

“If you’re in a helicopter and you hover why does the Earth not come to you if it’s round?” he asked.

“Why, if we’re hurtling through space, why would water stay still? Why is it not wobbling?

“Also, if you fire a laser about 16 miles, if the world was curved, you shouldn’t be able to see it but you can.”

“The middle is the North Pole, around the outside is the South Pole which is like a big wall of ice,” he said.

fuck me, he’s either thick as mince or he’s taking the piss

48 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Daft twat.