You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dossena has a good record of goals and assists when selected on the left. What makes you think he can't contribute to winning a game whilst Babel can?

Personally I'd rather see neither of them, but at least Dossena will try.

I think both will work as hard as each other - as I think Babel has shown more effort this season than he has in the past.

Ideally I'd also like to see neither of them.

But I just Babel offers more threat and is capable of more.

According to the guardian we might see Aquaman start.

Alberto Aquilani is in contention to make his long-awaited full Liverpool debut on Saturday as Rafael Benítez looks to the £20m summer signing to reinvigorate the club's season against Manchester City.

The Italy international has played only 21 minutes for Liverpool since arriving from Roma in August, as a substitute against Birmingham City and Arsenal, because of his recovery from ankle surgery plus illness. Benítez has been careful to nurse the 25-year-old towards full fitness after several months on the sidelines but is now considering handing the midfielder a first start against Mark Hughes's side at Anfield.

The Liverpool manager's final decision rests on the availability of Steven Gerrard, Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera, who all could be fit for Saturday despite the Israel and Spain midfielders tearing hamstrings against Birmingham last week. But the option to start Aquilani, who has increased his training schedule significantly since Liverpool's last fixture, is an important breakthrough for Benítez before a demanding set of fixtures and after a succession of injury problems. However, Fernando Torres may be out until the Merseyside derby on 29 November due to a hernia.

-----------------Reina------------

Johnson-----Carra'---Agger-----Aurelio

------------Masch'--Aquilani--------

Benayoun-------Gerrard----------Reira

-----------------N'gog-------------

That'sour strongest possible line up at the moment with Torres definitely out. Reira, Yossi, Aurelio and Aquilani all slight doubts to start as well. I'd give Doss the start at left back if Aurelio is out. Lucas obviously in the middle. Kuyt would have to be on the right and the left isn't even worth thinking about...

The team at the top would win though.

How good would it be if this were true....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1229057/Fernando-Torres-training-Liverpool-striker-return-Manchester-City.html

Fernando Torres back in training:

Liverpool striker could return against Manchester City

The striker could face Manchester City on Saturday after getting over a groin injury.

The Spaniard was forced to sit out this week's internationals against Argentina and Austria in a bid to aid his recovery.

Torres had been keen to face Argentina on Saturday at the Vicente Calderon stadium, which the 25-year-old called home before leaving Atletico Madrid for the Barclays Premier League in 2007.

But Spain coach Vicente del Bosque revealed he had come to an agreement with Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.

Liverpool face Manchester City on Saturday and then the crunch Champions League clash with Debrecen three days later.

I really don't want Torres risked though. It's really not worth it. I'd rather he was in the warm having physio than sitting on the bench freezing, then being asked to come on for 15 minutes when there is a real risk of exacerbating this sort of injury. I'm not confident in our ability to diagnose and treat injuries effectively at the moment.

I really don't want Torres risked though. It's really not worth it. I'd rather he was in the warm having physio than sitting on the bench freezing, then being asked to come on for 15 minutes when there is a real risk of exacerbating this sort of injury. I'm not confident in our ability to diagnose and treat injuries effectively at the moment.

No worries, theyll just rub some abortion on his legs right before he comes on.

Couldn't give a flying fuck about the phsymologicical damage and Rafa's job, it's time for the team and Rafa to pull out their thumbs and stop fucking around, we should only be missing Riera and Torres, no excuses for this one.

Having said that, I think it'll be 2-1 to City as we put in another disjointed performance.