You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eccleston rejects new contract

redfromtubebar

Fuck the loan, it's a crime that he's not on the bench for our matches.

We're sticking like four defenders on the bench right now. What the fuck is that shit about?

Remember the ape-shit reaction to him coming on for a massively off form Yossi at Fulham?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did. For Atletico. In the first team.

Yep.

He was so much better than the rest of the players they had him doing everything. Didn't get the chance to proper flourish up front.

Thats why anybody who wasn't a fan of either the player or the team prior to him coming to Liverpool would simply look at his record and say "if he's so good how comes he's hardly ever scored 20+ goals in a season?"

I think before we send players like this out on loan we should have had a look at how they do in our team first he should have played in games when we have a game won comming off the bench to see the game out it allows for a more informed decision to be made about

1 The players ability at this moment

2 If there is anything to be gained by loaning the player out to a Championship team

It could be that he would be better used as part of our squad or it could be that until we can move on the likes of Vorinin and Babel who seem to have fallen so far off the 1st team radar he would be better out on loan

• 4 weeks later...

http://http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/new-contract-for-youngster

Big things are expected of the Manchester-born forward, who has represented England at youth level.

Eccleston was promoted to Melwood full-time ahead of this season before making his debut as a substitute in a Carling Cup fourth round clash with Arsenal at the Emirates in October.

A first Barclays Premier League appearance followed three days later as the 19-year-old was handed a late run out in a defeat to Fulham at Craven Cottage.

I don't think he's ready for the first team squad yet.

Needs regular football to improve his decision making and he has to be told to stop being so greedy.

Reds Starlet Delight At Deal.

Liverpool youngster Nathan Eccleston has expressed his delight at signing a new long-term contract at Anfield.

The 19-year-old Manchester-born starlet would have been out of contact in the summer, but is now committed to the club until 2013.

Eccleston made his first-team debut against Arsenal in the Carling Cup this season before coming off the bench in the league at Fulham.

Red boss Rafa Benitez is keen to retain the club's brightest youngsters and believes with hard work that Eccleston can be a 'player' with his talent.

Eccleston is delighted to have been given first-team opportunities this season and hopes more hard work will result in further appearances.

Excited

"I'm really excited about my new deal. It's a good club," he told skysports.com. "The boss is happy with my progress this season.

"He's given me my chance and hopefully I'll get more chances in the future. I've got to keep working hard in training and impressing that way.

"If there's injuries like that time I can be given even more of a chance. Overall I'm looking to get more first-team experience."

Eccleston has been linked with a move to the Championship to gain more first-team football and he would be interested in a loan move.

"If it's the case that I might not be looking to play more games for Liverpool then another option is to go out on loan," he continued.

"I'm still a young player and I need to gain experience in games.

"If I'm to break into Liverpool's first team I need to have been in the Championship to gain experience. It's a good level of football.

"If I can show that I can succeed in the Championship then I can come back and be more able to play with the first-teamers."

Talent

Liverpool are packed with attacking talent and Eccleston admits Spain international Fernando Torres is a great player to learn from.

"Torres? What more can I say really? It's great training with Fernando," he concluded.

"It's good to watch and learn from a player like him. I'm looking to increase my experience in any shape or form.

"He doesn't speak a lot of English, but by not saying things with words he kind of shows you in training. He does it by example."

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Reds starlet delight at deal

Perhaps a loan move until the end of the season might suit him?

One of few positives this season has been the progression of youth.

Insua despite not playing to the high level he showed last season, has got more games and experience under him. He has very good performance and so in different ones, but he's still young for a defender.

Ayala got some minutes in the first team.

Kelly looks like he can make the step up, the one performance in the first team he ended up with a man of the match.

I think most fans want to see more of Pacheco, who again looks like he can make the step up. Mayne he'll go on loan next season to help give him more games and experience, something Nemeth has done.

Talking of Nemeth, does anyone know how he is progressing on loan?

Eccleston has a good chance of making it here. His form for the reserves since the step up from youth football has been excellent and Rafa must see something in him to have given him minutes in the PL.

He has an advantage with being an attacking player who has versatility. As a striker he probably wouldn't have much of chance with the competition here already but as a forward comfortalbe with using either foot he had a decent enough chance of finding a position in our current formation.

Deffo agree with that, even if it's been hit and miss on the pitch (as you have to accept with young players). However, it makes the academy civil war of the last few seasons all the more frustrating. Thank fuck those days are gone now that our manager - quite rightly - has full control over the football side of the club. It's incredible to think that it was Rick Parry who had the final say over youth development prior to Rafa's new contract.

Insua despite not playing to the high level he showed last season, has got more games and experience under him. He has very good performance and so in different ones, but he's still young for a defender.

Ayala got some minutes in the first team.

Kelly looks like he can make the step up, the one performance in the first team he ended up with a man of the match.

I think most fans want to see more of Pacheco, who again looks like he can make the step up. Mayne he'll go on loan next season to help give him more games and experience, something Nemeth has done.

Talking of Nemeth, does anyone know how he is progressing on loan?

That's a dead cert and flys in the face of those who say Rafa doesn't give youth a chance. I think it is fair to say that the young players that were at the club when he arrived just were not good enough.

I'm a big fan of Insua but I don't think he gets the protection down his flank like Kuyt provides down the right. It can't help with all the injuries to Aurelio and Reira and the inconsistency of Dossena either.

I have been pleasantly surprised with Ayala, I didn't think he was upto much in the reserves but he did very well when he made the first team.

Kelly and Pacheco are fine players, both did very well in the reserves and brought that form into the first team. I love Dani P, hope if the game is going well tonight he gets a run out.

And, here is a piece on Nemeth, it's a bit dated but an update nonetheless -

‘A Star in the Making’ – Liverpool’s Krisztian Nemeth | FootballFanCast.com

• 3 weeks later...