You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eccleston rejects new contract

redfromtubebar

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, you snivelling little turd. No one has decried anything. The debate centred on Rafa's philosophy, which you seem to think is beyond question because of a tenuous link to Sacchi, and, bizarrely, Fagan and Bob.

You're just regurgitating what you've read from other Tompkins like clones, who see the world through Rafa specs, and are therefore clueless. Hope this helps

I've heard it from Sacchi himself you utter tit.

And it has far more credence than your assertion that Shankly abandoned his philosophy and brazenly copied someone else's. Even though no Liverpool side under Shanks played anything like the Ajax side.

The biggest influence from Europe on Liverpool's play from that era was the Second leg against Inter both on & off the pitch and they were picked up by Bob not Shanks.

Now take your historical drivel and fuck off you irrelevance.

Guest the boy

You know fuck all, so it's worthless me even getting into any sort of debate about things that are way above your head. Typical superfan crank who rewrites history and twists every comment to suit their touchy feely rose tinted view of the manager.

you're a buffoon.

You know fuck all, so it's worthless me even getting into any sort of debate about things that are way above your head. Typical superfan crank who rewrites history and twists every comment to suit their touchy feely rose tinted view of the manager.

You were the one who said: "Ah yes, Sacchi, another member of the self absorbed 'tactics' illuminati."

The fact is Shanks did not change Liverpool's style, that was Bob much later.

And an attack on Sacchi for his football beliefs is an attack on Fagan & Paisley as they were essentially the same.

So don't tell me what I do and don't know, when all you can do is spread spurious nonsense and parade them as facts.

Now fuck off.

You've yet again failed to take anything I posted on board and have twisted isolated comments to suit your superfan agenda, which just typifies what a cluless cunt you are.

But I'll humour you while I wait for my tea. Taking all your Tomkins/Sacchi inspired cliched drivel into account, what does any of it have to do with Benitez's inability to formulate a pattern of play after 5 seasons which produces consistant results and success?

Maybe it's Bob and Joe's fault, eh...

Where have I said Benitez is as good as Sacchi? Or Bob or Joe?

No the fact is the only fucking points you've made are that Shanks changed Liverpool's style after Ajax. Well that is wrong.

And you've criticised the belief & methods of Sacchi, who by his own admission learned most of what he knew after a meeting with Bob & Joe in 1983.

As for Tomkins, he's a self important tosser who miraculously recovers from illness in time for finals.

You've made two stupid points and they're both wrong.

Clueless. So because Benitez has based his philosophy on Sacchi, who in turn admired our late 80's teams, this somehow proves that Benitez's methods are foolproof and beyond question, despite evidence to the contrary?

Ps. For the record, I said Shanks based and adapted his philosophy on the Michels model not long after they hammered us 5-0.

Find me one post, go on just one post were I've said Benitez's methods are foolproof. You are obviously so fucking thick that you've misconstrued a genuine fact that Benitez bases his philosophy on Sacchi's and my repeating of it in this thread as some sort of defence of the manager.

Well as well as stupidity you suffer from paranoia as well.

And as for your second point no he didn't not at all.

I've got to disagree there mate, he comes across as a bit pissed off to me, thats just going from his body language and facial expressions but I honestly thought something weren't right the other day, before any of this came to light. I dunno if it's the spotlight being on Pacheco and Amoo all the time or what, although on the flipside he did get a few minutes for the senior team, so his unhappiness is a bit of a mystery. Maybe he's just weighed it all up and decided he doesn't fancy it here?

My opinion on Ecclestone is he has ability, but lacks aggression and ruthlessness. If he wants to go, fair dues.

That's interesting that Hooch , because I have always felt similar towards Nathan & had him down as a bit of an arrogant loner-type , but he seemed genuinely popular the other night after his goal & I wondered if I had been wrong.

Only saw the edited highlights posted by the guy on the ressies thread which was about 13 minutes so maybe it gave an erroneous flavour.

So basically you had no point at all and just jumped into a harmless debate about the managers philosophy, throwing your useless cliches around to try and make yourself look clever, which did nothing to disprove the point I was making?

Thought so. Clueless twat.

Don't blame me that you falsely accused Shankly of changing his style after the Ajax game.

And don't blame me for you denigrating the football methods of Sacchi which were the same as Fagan's & Paisley's. No one forced you to make a prick out of yourself, but if you will go around espousing your made up nonsense as fact then expect people to point out your mistakes.

• 1 month later...

Eccleston Agrees Reds Stay!

Skysports.com understands Liverpool's promising striker Nathan Eccleston has agreed a new three-and-a-half year contract.

The former Bury trainee had been out of contract at the end of the season, but will now commit his long-term future to the Premier League giants.

The 18-year-old, who has been in impressive form with six goals in ten reserve team outings, is currently away with Liverpool's second string in Spain and will put pen-to-paper upon returning to England.

Interest

Eccleston had reportedly been attracting interest from Premier League rivals, but has ended fears he could jump ship by agreeing to stay until the summer of 2013.

The youngster has broken into Rafa Benitez's side this season after appearing in Carling Cup action against Arsenal while he also made his Premier League debut off the bench against Fulham.

Benitez is believed to be willing to loan out Eccleston in January in order to further his education with both Blackpool and Nottingham Forest keen on bringing him to the Championship.

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Eccleston agrees Reds stay

l seen him in the reserves up at Tranmere, thought he looked a little slow and l was sure it was him Rafa was referring to when he spoke about youth players having a "posse" off the pitch. See how it goes...