You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eccleston rejects new contract

redfromtubebar

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eccleston has played in the first team already. he's a very good prospect. we dont know what the contract is and as to those saying you dont reject an Liverpool contract, didnt rafa reject 3 or 4 contracts. oh thats different is it.

A top proven manager with vast amounts of experience and a young kid trying to make it in the game not even experienced at reserve level? Just a little different i think.

I'd reject it as well for the reasons SD has said.

If Mavinga is as good as people say why hasnt he been on the bench instead of Ayala?

Ayala has been at the club longer but Mavinga does look a good defender.

Lets not go overboard about him though.

He looks good but still needs time to be ready for the first team.

A top proven manager with vast amounts of experience and a young kid trying to make it in the game not even experienced at reserve level? Just a little different i think.

i dont think theres any difference. both are looking to their best interests. both have a right to say what is not as they expect.

we havent a clue what is on the table to eccleston yet already hes being made out to be the bad boy.

How did SSN find out?

Didn't someone (Ant i think) say Spearing and Darby rejected contracts too? That got sorted out.

WHS. when you work on a contract basis rather than us mere mortals as employees, you dont just accept the first contract put in front of you. as you mention others have done the same. dont know why some seem to thing the lad should just bend over and take it because its the club. ok if he starts asking for ridiculous things thats a different matter but at the moment we know squat.

Some mancs are saying his nose has been turned by fergie.

'Sum manx'? As in a few mongs on RedCafe trying to wind you up?

There hasn't even been any official confirmation on this, and it looks like it was leaked to LFC Online, and for some reason SSN picked up on it as a minor story, probably to fit in with the whole 'LFC crisis' thing they've got going on. Or maybe no one is that arsed.

Did they say why he rejected it? Could just be money

eccleston has played in the first team already. he's a very good prospect. we dont know what the contract is and as to those saying you dont reject an Liverpool contract, didnt rafa reject 3 or 4 contracts. oh thats different is it.

Rafa never rejected an offer, they were in protracted negotiations, but he never rejected a proper offer.

I'm pretty sure he did. Wasn't he on an extended trial with them from Bury?

Nah, we signed him from Bury.