You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfer question

BorizJeltzin

Some say you need a special “mindset” to play for a big club.

You have to be able to accept to be dropped for the next game even if you play brilliantly. When you are called upon again you need to perform.

There is no room for finding your form in four or five matches’ time.

You have to find your form on the training ground and be able to do a good job when you are on the team sheet.

When we sign players we do medical tests to find out if something is wrong. But are players subjected to personality tests before we sign them?

If not, why not?

Almost for any other job your personality is tested and analyzed, but I have not heard of any footballer taking a personality test.

Some say you need a special “mindset” to play for a big club.

You have to be able to accept to be dropped for the next game even if you play brilliantly. When you are called upon again you need to perform.

There is no room for finding your form in four or five matches’ time.

You have to find your form on the training ground and be able to do a good job when you are on the team sheet.

When we sign players we do medical tests to find out if something is wrong. But are players subjected to personality tests before we sign them?

If not, why not?

Almost for any other job your personality is tested and analyzed, but I have not heard of any footballer taking a personality test.

tbh i think its a myth that players get 'rested' a lot.the shitter ones get 'dropped' more & and the good ones play the majority of games...(i'm finding it hard resisting the urge to contradict myself by criticizing RB)........carra,gerrard,torres,masher for example

its well known that shanks,paisley,bacon grid etc only buy/bought players with agressive/tough attitudes so i'm sure most clubs do it.

its the 'ability tests' that worry the arse of me though.our scouting and final decision is fooking awful

That should have been brought in for Collymore as we all found out after that that he was as mad as a bag of spiders.

To be honest if that's the case then there's a whole load of players who would never have made it, Gazza being the obvious one. With Genius comes insanity and all that.

I'm sure if we denied players based on their personality then we would have probably denied some of the best players ever to have played for this club. Look at Souness with the Galatasaray flag incident. He's obviously touched and probably always has been. But it made him the player he was.

I think it's a no go IMO.