You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VORONIN EYES MORE ANFIELD ACTION James Carroll 12 November 2009

ZonkoVille77

and I do not agree with those who say he is lazy as when he has played this season he has quite often ran down the opposition goalie and defenders and won a throw in or possession back for us a la Ian Rush.

As a supporter wherever possible I try to be positve about players currently on our books and that even applies to Voro who seems to be hated by most. Now I will admit tho that despite all his Hertha form and caps for Ukraine (which his fans - if he has any!! - would point to) he is not good enough for LFC. The problem is that up front (thru Rafas transfer dealings tbh - and I am a Rafa fan) we have very few options other than Torres and as Voro is one of those options he has had a few games - he can pass intelligently and even in the Lyon game made a good run to receive the pass from which he missed the sitter - but that is the problem isn't it - he a striker and the main job of strikers is to score and he does not seem able to do that. Maybe if he got one it would give his confidence a boost as for sure it is rock bottom at present and cannot be helped by the negative vibes he must feel from the fans, but the truth is tbh that despite the fact that we have not many options for strikers he is not likely to get many games from now on - especially as Ngog seems to have more and more to offer each game he plays.

Don't really know where to start with this. You compare Veronin to Rush which isn't a good start. Like comparing shit to gold.

He can pass intelligently? Well maybe he does the odd time. But if the ball comes to him faster than say 5 miles an hour the control will make Kuyt look like Maradona.

The thing that confuses me is why is Nemeth (good young prospect who can score) allowed to go on loan to Greece somewhere yet Veronin is here?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our squad is so packed with shite these days that the ones we can't sell should just be shot to make room for new signings.

char_4.gif

"I'm a little confused and perhaps you can help me, you've been here what? I think two seasons now? And still such a small pile of goals?"

"I b,b,b,beg to report her commandant, that't I'I'm shit at football and was th'th'therefore put ont't't'to shoveling coal!"

Don't really know where to start with this. You compare Veronin to Rush which isn't a good start. Like comparing shit to gold.

He can pass intelligently? Well maybe he does the odd time. But if the ball comes to him faster than say 5 miles an hour the control will make Kuyt look like Maradona.

The thing that confuses me is why is Nemeth (good young prospect who can score) allowed to go on loan to Greece somewhere yet Veronin is here?

Don't let the facts get in the way of your rant will you - try reading what I say - I compared Voro chasing down the ball to Rush to counteract the fact that some were (wrongly imo) caling him lazy but later on I go on to say that he does not score and so obviously cannot be compared to Rush who is perhaps the greatest scorer the club has ver had.

tbh I've had it with this thread as all it is is continual abuse of one of our players - who yes admittedly is not very good but he is one of our players and if he cannot get support from us where he can he get support from. I think he can choose good passes and can make good runs - the things which let him down are his lack of pace, his lack of ability to win balls in tackles which causes him to give free kicks away when he comes back and above all his lack of ability to finish (which is pretty fundamental for a striker!!)

Kuyt? - I love him due to his attitude but most would have to say who have watched us recently that he has been very poor - the thing he can do is get a few goals, but I feel that there must be a case for leaving him out of late - trouble is Rafa loves him and won't do that - the same is true of Lucas (who in fact I think has improved a lot and I am not saying he should be left out - but there have been times when he should have been but Rafa wouldn't do it).

Putting the likes of Nemeth, Pacheco ...etc in rather than Voronin - don't think they are anywhere near ready so it would be detrimental to their development imo - sending them on loan as has been done is the best way forward - hopefully one day they will make the first team at LFC - we'll see - I would see them getting near the team next season for instance. The problem is that we have so few options up friont - which makes Rafa's sales of the likes of Keane, Crouch and Bellamy look a bit daft