You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VORONIN EYES MORE ANFIELD ACTION James Carroll 12 November 2009

ZonkoVille77

Andriy Voronin has spoken of his determination to play a part in helping Liverpool get their season back on track.

After returning from a profitable loan spell with Bundesliga outfit Hertha Berlin in the summer, the Ukraine striker has yet to find the back of the net in eight appearances for the Reds this term.

However, Voronin admits he holds a strong desire to prove his worth at Anfield, and is eager to give fans something to cheer about in the coming weeks.

"Last season was good for me because I wanted to play more matches," the 30-year-old told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I went to Hertha Berlin, played a lot of games and scored goals. I was happy there.

"But I always wanted to come back to Liverpool because they are a massive club.

"It is very important for me to be here. I've spoken with Rafa and I want to take my chance, work hard and play for Liverpool."

He added: "I hope in the next game I play, I can give the Liverpool supporters more."

Voronin watched from the stands as Liverpool were held to a frustrating 2-2 draw by Birmingham City at Anfield on Monday evening.

The result means the Reds have won only once in their last nine matches in all competitions - a statistic the No.10 acknowledges to be disappointing.

But Voronin insists there is a steely resolve amongst the squad to reignite their campaign and cites last month's victory over Manchester United as proof of what Liverpool are capable of.

"The season hasn't started well for us," he said. "We have dropped a lot of points, but the season is long.

"We can play better, everybody knows that. We played really well against Manchester United last month and showed a lot of good determination.

"There is a strong desire amongst the players to turn things around. We want to try and win every game and we will do our best both in training and matches."

Liverpool are currently in the midst of a two-week hiatus from action due to the international schedule.

Though with several first-team players sustaining injuries in recent weeks, Voronin is hoping the recess will allow the squad time to recover ahead of the Reds' next outing against Manchester City on November 21.

He said: "The break could have come at a good time for us because we have a lot of injured players who cannot play.

"I think it is a good time for us to take a break and prepare for the next game."

-----------------------------------------

What a load of crap. He wanted to come back so he could continue being paid a fortune for doing fuck all - oh and missing sitters. Prick.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really a sad day when our worse player says its very important him being here. Really, what will it take for Rafa to realise this lad has more shit in him than a pig farm.

Drives me mad that the likes of this muppet is preventing the younger lads from coming through.

It's really a sad day when our worse player says its very important him being here. Really, what will it take for Rafa to realise this lad has more shit in him than a pig farm.

Drives me mad that the likes of this muppet is preventing the younger lads from coming through.

That. Makes. Sense.

Spooky.

Im not sure which part of that is more depressing, our one in nine record or Voronin being our number 10.[/QUOTE]

Just commented on that fact to the brother the night we played arsenal in carling cup. Complete joke he gets any shirt never mind the nymber 10. The thing that annoys me the most about him is not that he complete and utter shit, it is how lazy he is. Even the couple that won the 47 million in the lotto aren't as lucky as he is to be playing for Liverpool, and he walks about the park like he has been the best player ever. Another thing is the amount of mouthing he does to other players especially the yonuger players that night. He would mouth at me once and then it would good night dickface.

The only way you can play your part is if you fucked off in January and never came back you fucking cunt.

Fuck off back to where you came from. Liverpool supporters have longer memories than cockneys, and we will never forget the way you said you hated the city.

Fuck off you fucking ponytailed Little Miss Sunshine lookalike. Fucking dickface. Fuck off and never come back.

The only way you can play your part is if you fucked off in January and never came back you fucking cunt.

Fuck off back to where you came from. Liverpool supporters have longer memories than cockneys, and we will never forget the way you said you hated the city.

Fuck off you fucking ponytailed Little Miss Sunshine lookalike. Fucking dickface. Fuck off and never come back.

What he said.....minus the F word.

Repped.

Just commented on that fact to the brother the night we played arsenal in carling cup. Complete joke he gets any shirt never mind the nymber 10. The thing that annoys me the most about him is not that he complete and utter shit, it is how lazy he is. Even the couple that won the 47 million in the lotto aren't as lucky as he is to be playing for Liverpool, and he walks about the park like he has been the best player ever. Another thing is the amount of mouthing he does to other players especially the yonuger players that night. He would mouth at me once and then it would good night dickface.

Spot on, I just couldn't articulate it as well as you did. He was strutting about like he was fucking Figo, the massive twat.

I think he is shit, lazy and a cunt for what he said about the city. The fact that he is anywhere near the club speaks volumes for how much shit we are in.

I would rather shit in my hands and clap than see Voronin start another game for us, in fact, I would rather the club had a text in competition for the fans to take his place. His attitude fucking stinks, and his highlight of the season is 'to be fair he did try against Fulham'. So did I, I got up at 6 in the morning to watch that donkey.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he is useless, but he isn't nowhere near good enough to play for LFC. What concerns me is, how the hell this guy was ever given a contract in the first place, who ever scouted him, should be moved on as fast as Voronin is.

He is useless. End of.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he is useless, but he isn't nowhere near good enough to play for LFC. What concerns me is, how the hell this guy was ever given a contract in the first place, who ever scouted him, should be moved on as fast as Voronin is.

Ain't that the truth.

Worst player to ever play for us.

Makes Sean Dundee look like Pele.

He's not even the worst player in the current squad.

Decent player, not good enough to be here, and provided we can get someone better should be moved on at the earliest opportunity. Was shocking in Lyon.