You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shack

PaulMcC

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

What's the story with them? Has the heroin taken over again?

Some of their tunes just stick in your head for days on end, a seriously talented bunch.

Mick and John had a bit of a falling out. I think that's mostly resolved but I don't think they've plans to work with each other at the moment. Mick is doing this red elastic band stuff (album due by the end of the year) and I hear john has lost a bit of confidence as he couldn't get anyone to release his solo album.

As for the drugs, I think that's a constant problem for mick, but he's supposed to be clean (aside from booze anyway) at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

saw mick playing a solo gig in london last night (stoke newington of all places). absolutely brilliant, being clean and sober suits him. he did a show on soho radio earlier in the week too (hopefully the link below works) - a new single was out a couple of weeks back and a re-release of the strands album plus another album of unreleased stuff from that time is out next month. 

https://www.mixcloud.com/sohoradio/pete-paphides-21072015/

• Upvote 1

saw mick playing a solo gig in london last night (stoke newington of all places). absolutely brilliant, being clean and sober suits him. he did a show on soho radio earlier in the week too (hopefully the link below works) - a new single was out a couple of weeks back and a re-release of the strands album plus another album of unreleased stuff from that time is out next month.

https://www.mixcloud.com/sohoradio/pete-paphides-21072015/

He was on Liz Kershaw's 6 Music show last Saturday too which will still be on the iPlayer.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

I’ve avoided the Likes of Shack, Head on his own, The La’s For years due to older Scally lads back in my yoof to profess that these were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Always put me off having stuff rammed down your throat.

However I delved in and gave Adios Senor Pussycat, The La’s and Zilch a listen this past week and it appears those fella’s years ago were half right. Some cracking stuff. I took me a few goes to get into Senor Pussycat. 

Sometimes being late to a party isn’t a bad thing. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I’ve avoided the Likes of Shack, Head on his own, The La’s For years due to older Scally lads back in my yoof to profess that these were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Always put me off having stuff rammed down your throat.

However I delved in and gave Adios Senor Pussycat, The La’s and Zilch a listen this past week and it appears those fella’s years ago were half right. Some cracking stuff. I took me a few goes to get into Senor Pussycat. 

Sometimes being late to a party isn’t a bad thing. 

Mate, you have a great musical journey ahead. I love discovering stuff like that and you've decades of back catalogues to go through. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...