You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shack

PaulMcC

43 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is it on Spotify etc? I saw some daft advert that said it was only available as an LP or CD, which I'd have been shocked by. 

I'm looking forward to the gig on Friday. 

Yeah available on the usual streaming sites. Debated coming back to the U.K. this month to see one of the gigs but couldn’t be arsed with all the flag shaggers.  

1 minute ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Yeah available on the usual streaming sites. Debated coming back to the U.K. this month to see one of the gigs but couldn’t be arsed with all the flag shaggers.  

I don't think there'll be much flag shagging at the Olympia on Friday unless there's a few left there from the Boss night. 

On 06/06/2022 at 19:54, paddyberger said:

Going to see him on Saturday, can’t wait. 

I love a Mick Head crowd, you can feel the warmth and him being willed on as he pretty shy on stage. 

Glad to see the positive reviews.

I can't say I loved last night. I thought he played too much of the new stuff, there were large parts where people were just talking over him like he was some background music in a chain pub. Like a light switch, the place came to life with the older songs. I thought the band was really good and stuff like that, but to do 90 mins and play an hour of new stuff that's been out for a week feels like something a new band would do when they have fuck all else to play. I get he wants to promote his album and showcase his new songs, but they didn't work - maybe if the album had been out longer or he did a longer show it would have been different. 

51 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

How was the beer in the Olympia? I've only been there once for Selecter and The Beat and was a bit shocked at the prices for a warm can of shit beer squeezed as fast as possible into a plastic glass. 

Still wish I'd been there last night like.

All cans, put into plastic cups. Everything was 5.50 per can regardless of what it was or can size. So I was on punk IPA, which was 5.50 for a 330ml a can, so about a tenner a pint. They were always cold, but plenty of people moaning about a couple of the lagers. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

All cans, put into plastic cups. Everything was 5.50 per can regardless of what it was or can size. So I was on punk IPA, which was 5.50 for a 330ml a can, so about a tenner a pint. They were always cold, but plenty of people moaning about a couple of the lagers. 

I don't think that was an option for me. I ended up drinking Guinness as it was alright warm but not ideal squeezed straight into plastic. The lager option was something I just couldn't do after too long over here. 

Was genuinely shocked at it. Too long over here with good beer at cheaper prices than the bars outside the Paradiso probably. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

I don't think that was an option for me. I ended up drinking Guinness as it was alright warm but not ideal squeezed straight into plastic. The lager option was something I just couldn't do after too long over here. 

Was genuinely shocked at it. Too long over here with good beer at cheaper prices than the bars outside the Paradiso probably. 

I think there's plenty of decent beer you can get here, just not normally at places like that. It was shite at Anfield the night before too - £6.50 for warm cans of Guinness in a plastic cup. The fuckers had to be told to use the surger every time too. 

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I can't say I loved last night. I thought he played too much of the new stuff, there were large parts where people were just talking over him like he was some background music in a chain pub. Like a light switch, the place came to life with the older songs. I thought the band was really good and stuff like that, but to do 90 mins and play an hour of new stuff that's been out for a week feels like something a new band would do when they have fuck all else to play. I get he wants to promote his album and showcase his new songs, but they didn't work - maybe if the album had been out longer or he did a longer show it would have been different. 

Well I’ll respectfully disagree, absolutely brilliant tonight. The new songs sounded excellent with a decent smattering of the oldies too.

Probably my favourite time I’ve seen him, the band were really tight and Mick seems to have come into to his own. I’ve seen him literally shaking on stage before and he seemed really comfortable in his own skin. Loved it. 

Oh yeah, Shipyard IPA. Could have been worse.

21 hours ago, paddyberger said:

Well I’ll respectfully disagree, absolutely brilliant tonight. The new songs sounded excellent with a decent smattering of the oldies too.

Probably my favourite time I’ve seen him, the band were really tight and Mick seems to have come into to his own. I’ve seen him literally shaking on stage before and he seemed really comfortable in his own skin. Loved it. 

Oh yeah, Shipyard IPA. Could have been worse.

Mate fair enough, I'm made up you enjoyed it. I've seen him maybe as many times as anyone I've ever seen, but that was in the bottom 3 times I've seen him for me. 

But shipyard IPA could have been worse? Maybe that's one we need to take to the beer thread. Haha! 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Mate fair enough, I'm made up you enjoyed it. I've seen him maybe as many times as anyone I've ever seen, but that was in the bottom 3 times I've seen him for me. 

But shipyard IPA could have been worse? Maybe that's one we need to take to the beer thread. Haha! 

Yeah, I might have had to drink lager!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
11 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

This is tip top.

I heard a copy of his forthcoming album recently. I wasn't too fussed to be honest, but only listened once. One of the songs sounded like the ruttles doing artorius revisited, can't remember what it was called not, maybe ciao or something.