You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Affecting" a player's run would never be a foul or a peno. I assume you use the word 'affecting', because it's not like he actually made contact with the player. It's perfectly acceptable to "affect" an opposing player's run; that's what defenders do.

Ngog literally dived. He threw himself to the ground. Not the Liverpool way.

It's such a shame really, as he seems such an honest player.

We shouldn't gloss over it, as the means are not the answer to our 'crisis' - fair football is.

You're spot on there. If that was a penalty tonight then any time a defender uses his body strength, then that's a penalty as well because he's affecting the striker from walking past him!

I just can't fathom how anyone can say that's a penalty. Just because you mistime a tackle doesn't mean it's a foul. Your tackle can be so badly timed that it misses both, and that's what happened tonight.

Anyone who says that Carsley impeded him so therefore it must be a penalty must want to see a different football to the one that's been played for well over 100 years.

If that was a penaly then every time someone makes a tackle anywhere on the park but doesn't get the ball then it has to be a foul, whether there was contact with the player or not. Any tackle at all will cause the opposing player to have to change their run in some way because there is a form of impeding by vitue of a tackle of any kind having been made. What about simply running at an opposing player or standing in front of them to block their way to stop them making a run? The opposing player has to run around you if they want to get by. You have impeded their run. Does that make it a foul?

Carsley did not get the ball but in no way at all did he foul or illegally impeded Ngog. It was not a foul and it was not a penalty.

It realy does show how we have lost our class when so many of our fans are supporting the dive or even claiming it WAS a penalty. And that's not me berating Ngog - it's just me shaking my head at how blinkered some of our fans are.

We'll revisit this thread next time an opposing player gets a penalty awarded for them against us by cheating.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a bit harsh for Ngog to be put in the same diving box as Drogba and Ronaldo, them two cunts have made diving into an art form. Ngog is young, I'm sure the management will have a quiet word with him and next time he'll leave his foot in.

Too many fucking drama queens on here.

And too many manc's in disguise on here also.......

GOTTA STICK TOGETHER..............END OF. YNWA

Anyone who says that Carsley impeded him so therefore it must be a penalty must want to see a different football to the one that's been played for well over 100 years.

If that was a penaly then every time someone makes a tackle anywhere on the park but doesn't get the ball then it has to be a foul, whether there was contact with the player or not. Any tackle at all will cause the opposing player to have to change their run in some way because there is a form of impeding by vitue of a tackle of any kind having been made. What about simply running at an opposing player or standing in front of them to block their way to stop them making a run? The opposing player has to run around you if they want to get by. You have impeded their run. Does that make it a foul?

Carsley did not get the ball but in no way at all did he foul or illegally impeded Ngog. It was not a foul and it was not a penalty.

It realy does show how we have lost our class when so many of our fans are supporting the dive or even claiming it WAS a penalty. And that's not me berating Ngog - it's just me shaking my head at how blinkered some of our fans are.

We'll revisit this thread next time an opposing player gets a penalty awarded for them against us by cheating.

MANC

I think it's a bit harsh for Ngog to be put in the same diving box as Drogba and Ronaldo, them two cunts have made diving into an art form. Ngog is young, I'm sure the management will have a quiet word with him and next time he'll leave his foot in.

Too many fucking drama queens on here.

Is right. Repped.

To quote a letter written in on another football website this morning...

"I don't care if we have to stab a baby to get a goal at the moment"

Admire your fanatical dedication........ but your method is somewhat...........Ah fuck if, maybe a slight flesh-wound then.

Your either with us or against us, there aint no in betwween.

What complete fucking balderdash. Who is 'us' exactly?

As valid as your point maybe, now is the time for union, support and togetherness( no matter wot the situation is) and you , my friend , are sleeping with the enemy.

So it was a dive, it was shithouse and diving is shithouse?

I never welcome diving, even when it wins us a point. It's become a huge part of the modern game the part every fan hates to see when it goes against their team. Dismissing its significance when it goes your way just encourages it more. Sod's Law suggests we're gonna get some blatantly awful dive go against us in the next 2/3 games, and then we'll go back to hating it in all its forms.

What complete fucking balderdash. Who is 'us' exactly?

'Us' is the so-called class-less fans willin to accept the modern game as it is, whether its 'for ' or 'against' cause we've fuck all choice in the matter.

So it was a dive, it was shithouse and diving is shithouse?

Its all in the game so get the fuck down off your high horse and accept it.

All 'luck' or dodgy decisions greatly accepted.

Cant believe he is being compared to Drogba. Did you see him roll around like he had been shot. Drogba once dived to get a game stopped, realised that he had dived off the pitch so the game wouldnt be stopped, got back up, walked onto the pitch and dived to the ground again to get the game stopped. Ngog dived, but there was a challenge in between him and the ball so he went down. Comparisons with Drogba are ridiculous.