You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm sure there is text somewhere which can be used to 'prove' that anything is a foul. That doesn't mean it's right.

The text was probably written by FIFA and we know they are always right about everything don't we?

I said earlier in the thread that you can argue a foul has been committed without contact being made, if it's made the player lose his balance etc. That didn't happen tonight or with Gerrard's incident against Sheffield Utd.

It's not black and white anyway, as you suggest, it's open to interpretation from the referee.

So you're saying the text of the rules is not the final determinant of what is a foul?

This seems like a very slippery slope to me.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What sanctimonious crap there is on this thread.

All footballers have always tried to cheat & they always will if the incentives are there for them to do so.

And yes, our players didn't use to dive- Because the balance of rules was in favour of physical play, so they kicked you instead, just like every other team.

Personally i would rather someone dived when i was marking them than be on the end of one of Tommy Smith or Souness's "challenges for the ball"!

Last game of the 2010-2011 season, 89 minutes, need a win to secure the league, N'gog throws himself to the floor and wins a penalty that Gerrard converts. Game won, title ours.

Which people would discount this title win and not celebrate because it wasn't "the Liverpool way"?

I think I'd give Satan a rimjob for a title at this point.

Is the right answer Lance.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Carlsley got nowhere near the ball and went completly across Ngog. The intent was totally there. Can't believe the shock and horror here. It was a penalty. Just because he didn't actually make contact with Ngog doesn't make it less of a pen.

You'll be getting repped for that, but I can't at the moment.

The way I've been feeling of late causes me to think... So What?

I wish he'd dived again and got us another pen as well.

P.S. I said this lad was going to be a good player last season. I really really really like him.

I concur. I normally hate our players diving but at the moment we need to take all we can get.

I was in the Kop last night & I haven't seen it back yet. From the fact it's got to 7 pages here I assume it was pretty bad.

N'Gog is a weird one for me. There's no doubt that he knows where the goal is but some of his general play is really, really poor.

His finishing is also inconsistent. He'll score a brilliant goal, such as tonight's and the one at Leeds, and then produce a fresh air shot!

As I say, a weird one.

I'm happy with his performances this season though.

But he is still a kid. Young players are much more inconsistent. He is younger than Darby, Spearing and Nemeth for instance. No player is as lethal at 19-20 as when they are 23-24.

That`s why it so strange that so many are so eager to write off players at 18when most players improve with age and experience, and very rarely is the finished article at 18.

So he dived and he did it very well.

For me hes a hero. He was willing to do that at a crusial point of the game - at a crusial point of the season - risking his future reputation for being a cheat - all this for Liverpool Football Club.

Well done lad!

Which now allows F365 to have headlines such as - "Pool Hit A New Low As Ngog Dives To Rescue A Draw". It's not just his reputation that gets tainted, it's the whole club and the fans. Count me out!

I can't believe the amount of Kopites condoning the dive. Unbelievable!

Liverpool f c should show an example to the rest of football, and ban Ngog for 3 matches. We cannot complain about Drogba, and Ronaldo,and do nothing about 'divers' in our own club, we are above this, and we cannot let it go unpunished.

GET THE FUCK.

Thats all we need, another striker out of action...

Desperate times call for desperate measures....

It was never a pen but who fuckin cares....the beach ball goal should never have stood but did so.........

yes, it was a dive, not condoning it in the slightest but whats the betting this will be the start of an anti diving campaign/witchhunt and its only 'casualty' will be Liverpool and N'Gog

similar to the Respect campaign with Mascherano

paranoia is complete awareness

Driving to work I was thinking to myself. That fans say we would have beaten Stoke had Gerrard's goal been allowed last year.

Had Ngog's been booked for diving, would we have beaten Birmingham?

I'm not annoyed at Ngog, I just think it's papered over the cracks.

Presumably you'd have preferred a defeat so the cracks were more visible.

yes, it was a dive, not condoning it in the slightest but whats the betting this will be the start of an anti diving campaign/witchhunt and its only 'casualty' will be Liverpool and N'Gog

similar to the Respect campaign with Mascherano

paranoia is complete awareness

I thought it started and ended with Eduardo.

Liverpool f c should show an example to the rest of football, and ban Ngog for 3 matches. We cannot complain about Drogba, and Ronaldo,and do nothing about 'divers' in our own club, we are above this, and we cannot let it go unpunished.

Ok... Torres dives to win a penalty.. Our next 3 games are, Man U at home, Everton away and a Champions League semi final with Real Madrid.... Do Liverpool FC ban him for 3 games or does this ban just extend to reserve strikers?? Fucking get a grip. "Ban him for 3 matches.." Fuck off with that shite!

I think it's a bit harsh for Ngog to be put in the same diving box as Drogba and Ronaldo, them two cunts have made diving into an art form. Ngog is young, I'm sure the management will have a quiet word with him and next time he'll leave his foot in.

Too many fucking drama queens on here.