torrific

Benitez to solve Liverpool midfield problems with Real Madrid's Diarra

Lassana Diarra is unsettled at Real Madrid and seeking a return to England.

The People says the France international midfielder has told friends in English football he is unsure of his future at Real - despite being a regular first-teamer at the Bernabeu.

Liverpool, missing the influence of Xabi Alonso since he joined Real Madrid, and fearing the loss of Javier Mascherano, are certain to renew their interest.

Manchester City agreed a £20million fee to sign Diarra from Portsmouth last January, only to be pipped by Real. Now pint-sized Diarra, 24, could join his fifth club in three and a half years if he quits Real after just a year in Spain.

this would be great if true, cracking player.

Presumably by selling Mascherano, but I know which player I would rather.

You would think that Benitez has learned and would buy a player that is a bit taller... considering we are shit at defending set pieces.

You would think that Benitez has learned and would buy a player that is a bit taller... considering we are shit at defending set pieces.

You would think that these newspapers have learned; 99% of players we are linked with we do not sign.

Anyway it's The People = big pile of steaming bullshit.

Guest LFD

Does he have an attitude problem?

He clearly wants first team football - he left Arsenal and Chelsea for this, he is linked with other clubs because he's not a regular in the Real side. I don't think we can guarantee him regular football or anymore regular than he's getting at Real.

He clearly wants first team football - he left Arsenal and Chelsea for this, he is linked with other clubs because he's not a regular in the Real side. I don't think we can guarantee him regular football or anymore regular than he's getting at Real.

so you'd play lucas ahead of him?

Guest LFD
There is simply no way that Benitez would play Lucas before a big money signing. Diarra has proven that he can perform in the Premiership to a high standard.

Lucas has played in the team over Mascherano and Alonso at times.

Lucas has played in the team over Mascherano and Alonso at times.

Yes, when the players needed a rest, much to our chagrin. However, he'd not play him over a big money signing consistency.

Guest LFD
Yes, when the players needed a rest, much to our chagrin. However, he'd not play him over a big money signing consistency.

I'm not convinced he'd be a regular if we signed him.

I'm not convinced he'd be a regular if we signed him.

I think Rafa is sufficiently aware of his budget constraints to realize that he can't sign a 20m + player to sit on the bench.

Guest LFD
That's just because you hold some weird views on football, I reckon. Diarra is a much better player than Lucas.

Why? I agree Diarra is better than Lucas.

I just think Lucas is going to have a fair share if games and someone like Diarra wouldn't be happy with that, given he left Arsenal and Chelsea (possibly Real) for not being a regular.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Diarra would be a first team regular, particularly if Masch left.

He's an excellent player. Probably as good, if not better, than Masch at that specific role.

I don't think he is anywhere near Mascherano's level, to be honest. However, this story is just agent gab.

He's good, but let's not get carried away.

Despite his lack of goals and assists, I think he moves the ball around better than Mascherano, but Mascherano is better at pressing and breaking up.

We'll be linked with another full squads worth of players before jan, I don't believe any of it unless it's going crazy with rumours of the same player when a window's open. It's like they just ignore the end of the summer window and carry on waffling shit about january instead.

Him and Xabi play almost every game in the middle of the park for Madrid so its bollocks that he is not a first team regular.