You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who was responsible for the "demise" of Liverpool?

The Owld Fecker

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but that's complete fucking bollocks. I can't even be arsed, you're so far away from the truth that there is no point engaging with you.

Ok marra.

Please tell me why I am wrong.

I have watched, respected and feared Liverpool teams for close on 50 years, so reckon I am entitled to an opinion.

If your tenure is not greater than 15/25 years (which I think is probably about right) do not bother replying - coz you know/understand nothing!

Ok marra.

I have watched, respected and feared Liverpool teams for close on 50 years, so reckon I am entitled to an opinion.

If your tenure is not greater than 15/25 years (which I think is probably about right) do not bother replying - coz you know/understand nothing!

So here is my reply: see what I wrote in my initial response.

Dalglish signed some out of the top draw, true. But he wasn't the first manager to do so. The clue is in where Kenny came from in the first place, and the fee paid.

It was not until Souness replaced Kenny's players en masse with complete shite that our demise came about.

We were flying under Kenny, and I believe he was more than capable of revamping that squad, if he had not been so hurt by the Hillsborough tragedy and dealing with it's aftermath. As someone points out above, he had already made a start at this.

I know everything is relative and that is why I am asking the question.

When I was a lad Liverpool seemed to win (or be capable of winning) everything whilst my club, Sunderland, never had a "cat in hell's chance".

My, personal, candidate would be Dalglish - Controversial, maybe, so please let me explain.

Prior to his appointment players that were signed were, normally, consigned to your reserves, to learn to play the "Liverpool way".

That then stopped and players seemed to go straight into your first team and (I think) that, whereas his tenure started in glory he destroyed the culture that had been built up over decades.

Fear of your name IMHO, initially, allowed that to happen but once teams realised that Liverpool were not the "team of old" it then became a downhill slide which you have been attempting to correct ever since.

I know Souness is, normally, seen as the "Demon Destroyer" but what do YOU think?

The one person responsible is david moores. He was ineffectual as chairman. He didnt realise the implication of sly pumping money into football. He believed LFC should stay a 'family run' club. He failed to grasp the growth of merchandising and sponsorship.

His inaction held us back. His personal animosity towards morgan prevented an alternative way of taking the club forward developing.

Then, when he decided to sell, he supposedly spent ages looking for the right investor but came up with such luminaries as shinawatra FFS. Next we get DIC but then he prevaricates and takes the american's shilling (or should that be cent?) which benefits himself to the tune of £80m and not the club one iota.

Its been done to death but you really couldnt find more incompetence unless you were reading the Darwin Awards list.

Thanks dm. Not!

Ok marra.

Oi Grandad, you might get more respect if you didn't go 'round dissin the kids. These lads have been brought up on the greatest footie Europe has to offer. We've seen the best players in the world play in L4. Your knowledge of the Liverpool team pre-Sky can be little more than MOTD and Saint & Greavsie.

Interesting point to bring up, but totally wide of the mark. Kenny was never in a million years responsible.

Souness to me would be the main culprit in relation to the team.

As regards running the club, well Rick the cunt flaps Parry would be the main reason with Moore's going along with everything he wanted.

Oi Grandad, you might get more respect if you didn't go 'round dissin the kids. These lads have been brought up on the greatest footie Europe has to offer. We've seen the best players in the world play in L4. Your knowledge of the Liverpool team pre-Sky can be little more than MOTD and Saint & Greavsie.

A bit harsh but I agree with ya Cath.

Souness is a red herring really because we got it back under Evans to challenge for the title, we got it back under Houllier to challenge fot the title and we got it back under Rafa to challenge for the title.

Its off the pitch where our problems came from and as I said If some one Macheted Moores tonight I would celebrate because death is too good for our man whose actions look like destroying our football club.

We were all responsible as a club.

We were fucking arrogant. Just because we won everything in the 80s and 90s, we expected success to flow, naturally. While our nearest rivals were building their empire, we stood still.

Moores didn't care about maximising our revenues because he thought it won't matter and we will continue to be successful.

Souness didn't care about who he signed because we are LIVERPOOL FC. Everyone should just surrender, right?

Same with Evans. He did care if the players got drunk the night before because we are LIVERPOOL FC.

Parry didn't think we needed a new stadium because attendances will go down.

Houllier did his best to put us back in the map but he did fuck things up in the end.

Then we went and did the absolute worst of all - sell the club to a pair of despicable cunts.

They say these things goes in circles so we can all live in hope.

Giving the Job to Evans after Dalglish would have been a disaster IMO. The squad discipline was in dissaray and as Evans showed he wasnt the man to lay down the law. Toshack should have got the job IMO

The squad discipline wasn't in disarray when Kenny left but it was by the time Souness had finished with it.

The amusing part is that I've been watching Liverpool for more than thirty two years.

which squad discipline?the squad that kenny left or the one souness left.

roy evans had a twat of a job trying to tidy the mess souness left behind.

what kenny left, it would of been a lot easier for roy to walk into.and i don't think

roy would of bought the shit souness bought.we went decades of promoting within,moores fucked that up big time.

The squad discipline wasn't in disarray when Kenny left but it was by the time Souness had finished with it.

Not sure about that really, I was only a teenage dirtbag at the time, but even then I heard a few rumours!

Beardlsey the obvious one, but Barnes, Rush, McMahon also!

Don't think it was as tight as it could have been.

Ok marra.

You're right, you have a vast superior knowledge from seeing us play twice a season and in 5 minute highlights on MOTD every week.

Please, educate me on my football club.

Hillsborough. Simple as that. You can blame Moores, Souness, money and lack of commercial nous all you want, the fact is all our 'problems' can be traced back to that day. It ripped the heart and soul out of the club and fanbase, which we're still recovering from.

Agreed.

Souness did have a decent base to work with though and totally destroyed the club, so quickly too.

You're right, you have a vast superior knowledge from seeing us play twice a season and in 5 minute highlights on MOTD every week.

Please, educate me on my football club.

He posted this on the other thread:

Originally Posted by The Owld Fecker View Post

Jeez!

Am I to believe that a Sunderland supporter knows more about Liverpool title winning teams (and their attributes) than Liverpool supporters?

Sadly, it would seem so.

Didn't take long did it. Tedious WUM.

Sunderland fans would kill for what we've won while in 'demise'.

NO wind up marra.

I refrained from posting, after our game, because I thought it might be seen that way.

However, If I understand more about your history than you do then please do not be shy - just say so!

;)

NO wind up marra.

I refrained from posting, after our game, because I thought it might be seen that way.

However, If I understand more about your history than you do then please do not be shy - just say so!

;)

Do me a favour, at the top of your screen, just below the LIVERPOOL WAY logo, click on User CP and see what the Liverpool fans think of you............mara.