You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that was a thinly veined dig at Babel, i.e. he should be good enough but he isn't.

And I couldn't agree more IF that was the case.

I agree with that, but I think Rafa has had enough, hence N'gog emergence.

I would add Kuyt and Benny and Albert (tad unfair since he is unfit) as well, I was really pissed of with both of them on Saturday, no movement from Benny who looked pissed off playing on the left, Kuyt who is seriously testing my patience at the moment. These are senior players and should be coming to the fore they aren't, as against Lyon they seem perfectly happy to hide.

I've said my bit, as I said I don't want to turn this into a Carra bashing thread, but I'm allowed to disagree with comments he gives to the press.

You certainly are. Also Carra has been shit so far this season, United was a 'blip'. I still wouldn't drop him though. I like to give people time to dig themselves out of holes, as they usually do.

It's a fact I have no knife sharpeners in my house too.

I thought that was a thinly veined dig at Babel, i.e. he should be good enough but he isn't.

And I couldn't agree more IF that was the case.

I think I may be thinly veined. When I had an appendix operation, the poor nurse tried to insert the drip about 12 times before succeeding. Not that I minded, she was pretty...

Otherwise I agree with Carragher, and disagree with Winter.

Zigackly, the "virtually nobody" bit, and Winter's interpretation of it.

You don't think we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment then?

I can understand you disagreeing with Winter's hatchet job on it. He's made Carragher look like he said something completely different.

You don't think we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment then?

Of course I do, but that's not the same thing as saying we have "virtually nobody". We coped admirably last season, at times, without Torres so we should be able to do it again. At the moment it is compounded by Gerrard (and others) being injured and the goals flying in at the other end.

To focus solely on Torres' availability ignores all of the other problems we've had this season.

Of course I do, but that's not the same thing as saying we have "virtually nobody".

I think what he said was an acknowledgement that we are down to the bare bones with our injury situation and would struggle with one more injured. It doesn't read as a dismissal of the players we have.

Without Torres, Gerrard, Ngog and Riera, and with Aquilani nowhere near match fit, you can field some combination of Babel, Kuyt, Voronin and Benayoun in the forward positions, but then which recognised players have you got on the bench?

You certainly are. Also Carra has been shit so far this season, United was a 'blip'. I still wouldn't drop him though. I like to give people time to dig themselves out of holes, as they usually do.

It's a fact I have no knife sharpeners in my house too.

Reina, Johnson and Torres apart, who has stood out though? Carra has been "shit" by his own standards I'd guess but the truth is the team have been poor, we don't need scapegoats.

Maybe he's sick and tired of playing week in week out with utter fucking dross?

Just a thought...

Carragher should be thanking his lucky stars that an over-the-hill hoofmeister such as him is getting a game at all. What he's probably sick and tired of is playing in a more attacking team that will inevitably leave the defenders more exposed, forcing them into more one-on-one battles further up the pitch, and he's being exposed as a liability time and time again, the poor lamb.

He's over exposed because the ball goes up to shit like Voronin and Babel and 9 times out of 10 comes back bypassing a lacklustre midfield but dont let that cloud your judgement.

Yes, Carragher gets caught out time and time again but it's always somebody else's fault: the attackers always lose the ball; the full backs attack too much; the midfield goes missing; the full back shouldn't have allowed the cross; it was a stupid free kick to give away; he doesn't trust anyone else; zonal-marking. Any more excuses from the Carrapologists?

Carragher should be thanking his lucky stars that an over-the-hill hoofmeister such as him is getting a game at all. What he's probably sick and tired of is playing in a more attacking team that will inevitably leave the defenders more exposed, forcing them into more one-on-one battles further up the pitch, and he's being exposed as a liability time and time again, the poor lamb.

Hang on a minute. I can understand people putting forward the case that he isn't performing well this season, but that's going a little far I think.