You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So what would people rather have, an ex-player who kisses Rafa's arse constantly and never says anything against him but never looks at the bigger picture at the club regarding the Americans due to worry of losing their ex-player perks or someone who says what they truly think of Rafa like Collymore does but at the same time regularly slag the Americans off in the columns they have?

Tough one isn't it?

I'm disappointed you're using Collymore's opinion to back up your own opinion of Rafa.

Collymore treated our club with contempt, he ridiculed two of our greatest club servants, he is a cunt of a man, and yet you choose him over a man who did more for this club on his first day, than that cunt Collymore would ever dream of doing. I find myself in disbelief that ANY Liverpool fan would take anything he said in anything other than a joke.

Collymore is not even fit to undo the wrapping on Rafa's jaffa cakes.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed you're using Collymore's opinion to back up your own opinion of Rafa.

Collymore treated our club with contempt, he ridiculed two of our greatest club servants, he is a cunt of a man, and yet you choose him over a man who did more for this club on his first day, than that cunt Collymore would ever dream of doing. I find myself in disbelief that ANY Liverpool fan would take anything he said in anything other than a joke.

Collymore is not even fit to undo the wrapping on Rafa's jaffa cakes.

Typical of you. Where have I said I ''choose'' Collymore over Rafa?

To be fair Reade and Maddock have written some good pro-Rafa stuff of late.

Collymore's just a johnny one-note shithead.

Yep, Reade's a gimme like, but been surprised by some of Maddock's stuff as he normally sticks the boot in no matter what.

Just read that Winter article for the Telegraph - absolute shite - when does ANY manager blame himself? :telloff:

Better one from Rory Smith (same paper).

Its typical of a lot of things mate, instead of discussing the issue at hand this has now become a thread about Collymore for daring to suggest somehing is wrong at our club, something which have been reported from several different sources earlier and about you for actually posting it.

A lo of our "senior" players went on record before Alonso was sold this summer ans said how important it was for us to keep our core of players and add a few more quality signing on top of that, for me it was an obvious message to Rafa from certain players,(Torres, Gerrard, Reina etc) that he needed o make peac with Alonso for the good of the club instead Rafa has tried to downplay Alonso`s influence whenever he has got the chance.

I`m not sure what wories me most, that our manager is so stubborn and cant see the big picture or if he actually believes the shite he keep telling at times.

These players are playing football with the dross Rafa has brought to the club on everyday basis, is it any wonder they are starting to questioning him when they witness the lack of quality a few of the players brought actually posess?

Typical of you. Where have I said I ''choose'' Collymore over Rafa?

Don't know what you mean by typical me there John.

Maybe I've misinterpreted what you're saying, but it certainly comes across to me like you're using Collymore's opinion to back up you're own. Just debating it mate, and why so touchy whenever someone pulls you on something they potentially see in you're posts? I'm only exploring you're motives for bringing this no mark's opinions into the equation, not you're passion for the club.

Its typical of a lot of things mate, instead of discussing the issue at hand this has now become a thread about Collymore for daring to suggest somehing is wrong at our club...

No it hasn't. Most people do not believe that he has any contacts at the club. I think it is more likely Collymore is just lifting Winter's article and using it in his show. Are people not allowed to question these sources now? Should we just be good little boys and shut up and let people like Collymore have free reign?

Don't know what you mean by typical me there John.

Maybe I've misinterpreted what you're saying, but it certainly comes across to me like you're using Collymore's opinion to back up you're own. Just debating it mate, and why so touchy whenever someone pulls you on something they potentially see in you're posts? I'm only exploring you're motives for bringing this no mark's opinions into the equation, not you're passion for the club.

Well you are wrong. I didn't say he was right what he was saying in the original post, just that there have been rumours all season of the same thing he said, by other ex-players and journos who are close to the senior players who were mentioned in the thread in the first place. And I am the touchy one?!?! You pulled something that wasn't there.

No matter what anybody says about Collymore though, at least he has said more against the Americans than every ex-player who gets in free on a match day and who regularly appear on LFCTV.

No it hasn't. Most people do not believe that he has any contacts at the club. I think it is more likely Collymore is just lifting Winter's article and using it in his show. Are people not allowed to question these sources now? Should we just be good little boys and shut up and let people like Collymore have free reign?

Free reign to constantly have a go at the Americans as well then yes?

I'll take Collymore in the round thanks John. He being vocal on one issue doesn't make up for the vitriol he regularly spouts on other issues. He's a repugnant man.

I thought the Americans were the main priority and problem at the club? Collymore regularly talks about it and brings them to task on his shows. Shouldn't that dwarf any vitriol he has for Rafael Benitez.

One of the ex-players who does. Some of them need to get their heads out of the sand and start speaking out against the Americans more instead of taking their freebies.

One of the ex-players who does. Some of them need to get their heads out of the sand and start speaking out against the Americans more instead of taking their freebies.

I agree with you here. But not about Collymore. He's dispicable and I'm not going to start lauding him just because he's against the Americans.

Guest ShoePiss
I thought the Americans were the main priority and problem at the club? Collymore regularly talks about it and brings them to task on his shows. Shouldn't that dwarf any vitriol he has for Rafael Benitez.

But that's not why you posted his nonsense is it?

But that's not why you posted his nonsense is it?

No, I posted it because it is disconcerting hearing all these different sources of discontent with the manager from senior players until it just descended into a Collymore hatchet thread when nobody has stopped and thought ''What if there is something deep-rooted wrong and the senior players have lost any respect''. The worse results get the more things like this will be mentioned sadly, thats football.

Whether Collymore is right or wrong isn't really the issue but aren't people a little worried with the amount of media people saying the same type of things?

Guest ShoePiss
No, I posted it because it is disconcerting hearing all these different sources of discontent with the manager from senior players until it just descended into a Collymore hatchet thread when nobody has stopped and thought ''What if there is something deep-rooted wrong and the senior players have lost any respect''. The worse results get the more things like this will be mentioned sadly, thats football.

Whether Collymore is right or wrong isn't really the issue but aren't people a little worried with the amount of media people saying the same type of things?

Isn't Didi close to Carra and Gerrard?

Well you are wrong. I didn't say he was right what he was saying in the original post, just that there have been rumours all season of the same thing he said, by other ex-players and journos who are close to the senior players who were mentioned in the thread in the first place. And I am the touchy one?!?! You pulled something that wasn't there.

No matter what anybody says about Collymore though, at least he has said more against the Americans than every ex-player who gets in free on a match day and who regularly appear on LFCTV.

I think Phil Thompson as been vocal against the Owners.

Guest ShoePiss
Hahahahahahahahahaha.

yes it is funny taking anything the mentally disturbed, woman beating dogger has to say seriously. Actually I'd add a couple more ha's as it's that funny.

Fair enough John, but I'll tell you something, you bring a cunt like Collymore into the debate and people will question your motives, and rightly so.

I think you're being very blinkered in listening to Collymore and his views against the owners. There have been a few ex reds who have come out and viewed their opinions against them. Thommo being a prime example on Soccer Saturday. And all this bravado by Collymore about his sources at Liverpool saying this and that. Well if Carra and Gerrard have been talking then they should be sacked because it fucking stinks.

I don't believe anything Collymore says but I'm not the one demanding a change of manager and willing to use any ammunition I can to get my point across am I.

You say I pulled something that wasn't there, I'm not so sure that is the truth. But opinions hey, they are like arseholes, everyone's got one.