You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This bad run of form lately has really shown the medias true colours lately. By that I mean they using it to slaughter Benitez and Liverpool. Most journos hate us especially Benitez and they couldnt wait for this moment to arrive. Much like what happened to Mourinho.

Sorry Robbie but any of the top 4 sides lose 6 out of 7 they would rightly get flack. It goes with the territory.

I remember the press going to town on Ferguson a few years ago because of two consecutive 3rd place finishes. I remember a lot of them saying he should quit and he was past it. Then what happens. Three league titles, a European Cup and a League Cup in thee years. Hey, there's hope for us yet then.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collymore is a bell-end. He's got a clear anti-LFC agenda and has been at it all season - he even wrote a load of negative shite in the Mirror after we battered Hull.

It's been every week for five or six weeks now. I emailed the Mirror sports editor Dan Silver about the tool and got this reply:

I'm sorry you don't like Stan's recent columns, but I can assure you that there is no anti-Liverpool agenda.

Stan's column is very much a platform for his opinions, and as such he is free to write about whatever he sees fit. Being an ex-Liverpool player - and genuine fan of the club - it's only natural he writes more about Liverpool.

And given that the club are enduring a poor run of results at the moment, it's also only natural that some of these pieces address problems.

I'm sure if you look back through our archives you will find many positive pieces about the club as well.

Furthermore, Stan is renowned for saying what he thinks in his column, and as such it is popular with a large number of football fans whether they agree with what he is saying or not.

And I'm sure you'll agree that there's plenty of other Liverpool-centric content in the Daily Mirror - and on mirrorfootball.co.uk - to more than satisfy fans of the club.

:wallbutt:

Collymore may be stirring it, who knows, but he is forever saying he would dearly love us to win the league and is one of the few ex-players who even mentions the Americans and the mess they have got the club in, some of our ''legends'' would do well to take note of Stan there. Yes Alan Kennedy I mainly mean you although there are others as well.

Don't start bigging up Stan Collymore just because he's saying what you want to hear.

It won't be any of the coaching staff. Rafa seen to that in the summer.

Wahay... I can't win on one tack so I'll take another. John, I have tried to be civil with you, but you are making a right plank of yourself at the moment.

Everyone can see that all is not well, but your relentless monotonous one-eyed and spiteful campaign is extremely boring and quite embarrassing.

Sorry Robbie but any of the top 4 sides lose 6 out of 7 they would rightly get flack. It gpes with the territory.

I remember the press going to town on Ferguson a few years ago because of two consecutive 3rd place finishes. I remember a lot of them saying he should quit and he was past it. Then what happens. Three league titles, a European Cup and a League Cup in thee years. Hey, there's hope for us yet then.

We are rightly getting slack because we have been playing shite but some of the stuff written and said about Benitez in the past few weeks has been a disgrace. Ex players like Collymore and Whelan going on TV and radio and basically inulting the mans intelligence. I dont mind constructive criticism but come on, theres no need for the utter drivel that has been banded around.

Don't start bigging up Stan Collymore just because he's saying what you want to hear.

That paragraph is fact, whether you like it or not sadly. Collymore cunts the Americans off more than some of our so-called legends have ever done. At least once a week in his Daily Mirror column and once a night when he is talking about us on Talksport.

Wahay... I can't win on one tack so I'll take another. John, I have tried to be civil with you, but you are making a right plank of yourself at the moment.

Everyone can see that all is not well, but your relentless monotonous one-eyed and spiteful campaign is extremely boring and quite embarrassing.

There is an ignore option there Adam. Job's a good un.

Well, that's good. I don't find it acceptable for anyone within the club to leak that kind of information to a cretin like Collymore.

Is right. If Rafa has stopped people fromleaking gossip to pricks like Collymore than he should be applauded for that.

Rafa is dedicated to this club, he gives his best for this club, he puts his heart and soul into it. Collymore never did anything of the sort for us.

Sorry Robbie but any of the top 4 sides lose 6 out of 7 they would rightly get flack. It goes with the territory.

Come on, they save that bit of extra spite for us. They love it. These past few weeks have been a real eye opener.

To be fair, the internet makes it seem a lot worse because of the huge volume of shite out there. I don't mind it all to be honest, it creates a siege mentality...well it should.

Is right. If Rafa has stopped people fromleaking gossip to pricks like Collymore than he should be applauded for that.

Rafa is dedicated to this club, he gives his best for this club, he puts his heart and soul into it. Collymore never did anything of the sort for us.

See, it's this 'heart and soul' stuff I have trouble with. There is no evidence that Benitez is any more committed than any other manager in the Prem. All managers do their best for their clubs. They work hard, they get paid for it. I don't expect them to work 9 to 5. They're responsible for driving the key component of large and expensive organisations with a global reach. I would feel short changed if they put in less than 60-70 hours a week.

So what would people rather have, an ex-player who kisses Rafa's arse constantly and never says anything against him but never looks at the bigger picture at the club regarding the Americans due to worry of losing their ex-player perks or someone who says what they truly think of Rafa like Collymore does but at the same time regularly slag the Americans off in the columns they have?

Tough one isn't it?

Anybody remember when collymore left liverpool for villa, before his first game back at anfield SSN done a feature on him, it was about his swimming pool being built and he had the liver bird done in tiles on the floor of the pool

during the game he took serious stick off the fans and i,ve always wondered whether he got it dug up again.

Maybe he wants us to give him some money back and he,ll shut the fuck up about us

I wish Collymore's old girl would get him back on her saggy tits. It would keep the cunt quiet for a while, the Oeidipal freak. If anyone invests any belief in the dickhead's utterings then they may well like to accompany Stan on his next visit to his shrink. Absolute fucking spacecase.

Collymore is a bell-end. He's got a clear anti-LFC agenda and has been at it all season - he even wrote a load of negative shite in the Mirror after we battered Hull.

It's been every week for five or six weeks now. I emailed the Mirror sports editor Dan Silver about the tool and got this reply:

I'm sorry you don't like Stan's recent columns, but I can assure you that there is no anti-Liverpool agenda.

Stan's column is very much a platform for his opinions, and as such he is free to write about whatever he sees fit. Being an ex-Liverpool player - and genuine fan of the club - it's only natural he writes more about Liverpool.

And given that the club are enduring a poor run of results at the moment, it's also only natural that some of these pieces address problems.

I'm sure if you look back through our archives you will find many positive pieces about the club as well.

Furthermore, Stan is renowned for saying what he thinks in his column, and as such it is popular with a large number of football fans whether they agree with what he is saying or not.

And I'm sure you'll agree that there's plenty of other Liverpool-centric content in the Daily Mirror - and on mirrorfootball.co.uk - to more than satisfy fans of the club.

:wallbutt:

To be fair Reade and Maddock have written some good pro-Rafa stuff of late.

Collymore's just a johnny one-note shithead.

I wish Collymore's old girl would get him back on her saggy tits. It would keep the cunt quiet for a while, the Oeidipal freak. If anyone invests any belief in the dickhead's utterings then they may well like to accompany Stan on his next visit to his shrink. Absolute fucking spacecase.

"Bitty!"