You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Believe me, he would not have found it at all difficult to judge the performances this season had we played well and accumulated a few wins over the last few months. What a complete merchant.

Look I don't read him, and I don't read what is posted on here and think 'good article'. But he is working for the club website, what do you expect? Seriously what do you think is going on that website, other than anodyne, opinion free drivel.

You focus on the 'positive' slant towards Rafa, but again, there is also no criticism of the owners! If we were in the bottom three, you can bet your life there will be a 'only way is up' article posted.

It is what it is.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Tomkins writing for the club or writing for Rafa?

If he wants what is best for the club, then he should be writing a balanced article, rather than praising Rafa for the sake of praising him or in this case, defending him.

Is Tomkins writing for the club or writing for Rafa?

If he wants what is best for the club, then he should be writing a balanced article, rather than praising Rafa for the sake of praising him or in this case, defending him.

I think he should be doing that if he wants what's best for Rafa too, because the baby surely gets thrown out with the bathwater when an article is unrealistically sycophantic.

Tomkins really doesn't do himself any favours with his articles, besides stating the obvious in parts, things fans ought to know already, he comes across as defending Benitez at almost any cost.

When you look at the problems we face today, you can see that the problem has something to do with the manager, injuries, mistakes and the board. These factors are all interdependent. However where you place the blame is where the debate is, refusal to see the bigger picture or to exclude certain elements from criticism makes you look a bit soft. This for me is Tomkins problem.

Bellamy took the ball.

I don't think he did Ted. I think he was lucky the ball stayed where it did because he gave him a hefty shove with the shoulder and didn't put a foot on the ball till the next motion as Kuyt was going down.

That's not why we didn't win though, just one incident of many.

So all in all, I still sense that this is a team very much on the right lines, but a little derailed of late. You can argue over fine details, but there's not a lot wrong with the side, and the majority of the squad, when fit and in form.

Very true.

Who is this written for, that's what I want to know? Who exactly is the audience in mind?

Anybody that watches us and can use their brain will stop reading after the first paragraph and wonder why they ever read anything from the official site and expect it to have any semblance of a critical eye.

Anybody who doesn't watch us won't be interested, and anybody without a brain will wonder what he's going on about and go looking for Torres wallpaper instead.

It doesn't seem to serve any real purpose.

I can't wait for his next missive. Platitude soup.

He is and always has been utterly pointless. I seem to remember him still defending Houllier when it was clear to absolutely everyone he had to go (well, maybe apart from Kopite, right Col? ;)). He is the club's man from Pravda, I bet Hicks and Gillett are buttering him up as we speak.

I remember that as well. Given that he finished that little episode with zero credibility, I'm amazed that anyone gives him the time of day.

I only read the first paragraph of his latest inanities dressed up as analysis, and a little bit of sick came up into my mouth. It's 'thalidomide victim trying gloves on in John Lewis' journalism - you know you shouldn't look but you can't help yourself.

He is and always has been utterly pointless. I seem to remember him still defending Houllier when it was clear to absolutely everyone he had to go (well, maybe apart from Kopite, right Col? ;)). He is the club's man from Pravda, I bet Hicks and Gillett are buttering him up as we speak.

No he didn't support Houllier, your making that up.

I remember that as well. Given that he finished that little episode with zero credibility, I'm amazed that anyone gives him the time of day.

I only read the first paragraph of his latest inanities dressed up as analysis, and a little bit of sick came up into my mouth. It's 'thalidomide victim trying gloves on in John Lewis' journalism - you know you shouldn't look but you can't help yourself.

He only tries to present the facts. He spends hoors each day on research while you probably scratching your fat hole, nodding in agreement with Ronnie Whelan and Paul Merson. What gives you the fucking right to pass judgement of a journo that probably works as hard as anyone despite having an illness.

He only tries to present the facts. He spends hoors each day on research while you probably scratching your fat hole, nodding in agreement with Ronnie Whelan and Paul Merson. What gives you the fucking right to pass judgement of a journo that probably works as hard as anyone despite having an illness.

He tries to present the facts alright. On which he lavishes copious amounts of spin, platitiudes, and sycophancy, a generous portion of one-eyed analysis, a soupcon of pedantry, and a sprinkling of other unsophisticated techniques to hoodwink and bamboozle the tired and emotional.

He spends hours each day on research and comes up with the wrong conclusions? That's hours each day wasted. He could be using that time to work on improving his health. That would benefit not only him, but millions of sane and objective Liverpool supporters all around the world.

And what gives me the right? The fact that he publishes it gives me the right, young fellow me lad. The very same right that you have taken advantage of to comment on my post.

And surely he can't work as hard as Dirk.