You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

......but who would replace Rafa?

fowler9

Negged. I'm not exactly pro rafa believe me but I think it is ridiculous talking abot WHO to replace him when he is still here.

i really respect Rafa but its just not working and i feel in between wanting him to stay and feel he has to go, kind of hoping its just post match emotion shit

the way Slur Alex has twisted the media means he is never going to get a fair chance here and i think there is a good chance he will be off soon but to me there seems to be a lack of realistic quality managers for the job

He signed a five year contract under their ownership not long ago, which is practically the same thing.

So, yes.

i see what your saying but in the 5 years prior to the deal he has had money to spend (not massive amounts but a fair bit) and has built a squad, if he was offered a squad with Biscan,Traore,Diao etc with no funds and 2 clowns running the club into the ground i dont think he would have taken it

Not sure if him signing the contract means he'd have joined us in the current situation.

He may have been influenced by the fact he was midway through a project and had brought in key parts of his vision for the team, and had helped develop Gerrard into one of the worlds best (Though I think that was going to happen anyway).

Had it been someone elses squad, with the ownership situation he may not have fancied it.

I think you're wrong. And if Rafa resigned tomorrow I think I'd be proven right.

Long story short, if Rafa goes before our owners we could have big a problem.

I think you're wrong. And I don't think they'll have difficulties finding good candidates. Whether they will pick a good one is a different story.

I bet he would. He loves LFC, whether we could afford him is another matter as he wouldn't come for nothing - just as Gerrard and Carragher don't play for nothing.

Be nice to think he'd get bored at Inter as there's little challenge there for him.

Not getting sacked looks like a pretty big fucking challenge for him at the moment.

I've made my thoughts on Mourihno clear but replacing Benitez and re-establishing Liverpool as the dominant force would make us a very attractive option to him I believe. His head might have doubts given the circumstances but his ego would soon overrule that.

I've made my thoughts on Mourihno clear but replacing Benitez and re-establishing Liverpool as the dominant force would make us a very attractive option to him I believe. His head might have doubts given the circumstances but his ego would soon overrule that.

ye the chance the wint he league for the first time in 20 years and put one over on Fergie would be too much temptation.

To be fair Captain, when it was clear Houllier was past his sell by date a lot of people were trotting out the same argument in his defence that no-one would want the job.

I wouldn't know mate, I called for his head a few days before he left.

That said, imo we were in a lot more healthier position back then than we are right now.