You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

......but who would replace Rafa?

fowler9

i am completley gutted right now and quite frankly embaressed by the bench we had today

I love Rafa and think he is a great manager but its just not working and i feel if we lose wednesday or next week he just has to go as the club is starting become a laughing stock on the pitch now aswell as off it and something has to change

I completley disagree with the notion we are a 2 man team, Aquilani,Agger,Mascherano,Reina,Kuyt etc are all great players while Benayoun, Aurelio,Skrtel etc are all capable or playing in a title winning side, i liked what i saw of Aquilani the other day but i fear it has come too late for Rafa to change this season and dropping out of the top 4 would be a disaster but the thing that puzzles me is who could replace him and do a better job?

the possible contenders

Mourinho (great manager and i think he would want to come but is a bit of a twat and not with the Liverpool way at all)

Luciano Spalletti( argued with a lot of players, did an okay job at Roma but generally was inconsistant like Rafa is here)

Roberto Mancini (nowhere near as good tactically as Rafa)

Guus Hiddink( would he leave Russia for a club side, im sure Chelsea will have had offered him the job)

Martin O'Neill (good manager but is he up to competing with Ferguson and Ancellotti?)

im really not sure who could improve on what he has done, perhaps Mourinho but im not sure he would be the fans choice to start off with, not that the Yanks care what the fans think

Capello, Hiddink, Mourinho and why not Hodgson*

*not knee jerk, i've always rated him and i think tactically he's superb. He's understated and lets the team do the talking. My old man says he's a bit Paisley like.

I mentioned Roy Hodgson today. He'd be on my shortlist anyway.

EDIT: Before the match, I might add.

Guest ShoePiss
Negged. I'm not exactly pro rafa believe me but I think it is ridiculous talking abot WHO to replace him when he is still here.

I don't agree with you here, I think if someone is saying that Rafa should leave it's good for them to say who they think would do a better job. Saying that's the job of the owners is a kop out as it's also the job of the owners to get rid when they feel the time is right.

At the end of the day, we'd have no shortage of top quality candidates who want the job. We're Liverpool Football Club and some on here might not think that counts for much but I'd bet my life on us being able to attract the right quality of manager.

Whether the owners appoint the right man is an all together different thing.

What 'good' manager is going to come to us lets be honest none. Would you work for these pair of cunts?

Rafa is working for them.

At the end of the day, we'd have no shortage of top quality candidates who want the job. We're Liverpool Football Club and some on here might not think that counts for much but I'd bet my life on us being able to attract the right quality of manager.

Whether the owners appoint the right man is an all together different thing.

100% agree.

Jose would be the obvious choice but he's a disruptive personality and would want a sizable amount of dosh.

Laudrup is a good up and coming manager and would love the challenge here.

Pellegrini would be a good experienced option when Madrid fuck him off. He's built numerous good sides on modest budgets and taken them into the CL.

If push came to shove there would be plenty of candidates. Some people are just fearful of change and like to project their fears onto everyone else because they believe they're a better fan for sticking with what's just not working anymore.

Nah, Mourinho but he probably wouldnt want to come

I bet he would. He loves LFC, whether we could afford him is another matter as he wouldn't come for nothing - just as Gerrard and Carragher don't play for nothing.

Be nice to think he'd get bored at Inter as there's little challenge there for him.