You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

At what point is it time to start worrying? 7 losses, 8, 9, where's the cut-off? People are telling us that the squad finished second last year, shouldn't that make our nose dive more alarming? We're a competitive football club, we, like every other team, exist to compete and win the competitions we're entered in, if we're not doing that then there's some problems. Rafa has had money to spend, not all of it has been spent wisely and now he's seeing the results of that.

This run of results is not acceptable to LFC, it never has and never will. There's no jerking knees in that statement, it's just a fact.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what point is it time to start worrying? 7 losses, 8, 9, where's the cut-off? People are telling us that the squad finished second last year, shouldn't that make our nose dive more alarming? We're a competitive football club, we, like every other team, exist to compete and win the competitions we're entered in, if we're not doing that then there's some problems. Rafa has had money to spend, not all of it has been spent wisely and now he's seeing the results of that.

This run of results is not acceptable to LFC, it never has and never will. There's no jerking knees in that statement, it's just a fact.

Uhm, we're not going for trophies anyway, so it isn't so bad...

He's had enough time and money. He's done. I don't care if our current owners are the ones who will be responsible for bringing the next manager in. What if the owners are here for the next 10 years? We can't just keep Benitez as the manager when he's shown he's not the right man anymore. We're going to have to hire a new manager at some point in the near future so hopefully they get on with doing that. Somebody else needs to be given the chance to be our manager.

What are you based that amazing insight on?

I don't care who owns us, who manages us and how happy the players are. Thats for others to worry about.

I care about trophies and style of play.

Sadly we are lacking on both fronts.

I could not give a flying fuck about net spend or salary this or that.

We exist to win trophies. END OF.

What some of you are asking us to except is mediocrity. I never will.

We should be winning stuff. Rafa is doing a very poor job.

We are not Newcastle We are the most successful club in the league.

What do you think is realistic with the budget we have available?

Tell me, what other top manager apart from Wenger and Ferguson would get away with 6 defeats out of 7? With some shocking performances thrown in as well.

Do you want Rafa sacked John? You've been pussy footing around the issue for a long time now but haven't come out and said it. If you do want him out, who do you want that would be considered a realistic option?

The fact remains and I'm going to put this out there, but Rafa has spent A LOT of money on A LOT of shite players.

6iu4EDOw8qv0llsqSgXYJr4uo1_500.png

Harold, it's Benetez, Rafa Benetez. You're my lawyer so I think you should know: I've signed a lot of shit players. Some South American defenders in the apartment uptown uh, some Dutch and Spanish left wingers maybe 5 or 10 um an overpriced Irish striker I bought from Spurs. I left him in a parking lot behind some donut shop. I signed Bellamy, and some man uh some old faggot with a dog last week. I signed another player who was already injured, I had to, he almost got away. And Peter Crouch. I signed Peter Crouch, but now his body is dissolving in a bathtub in Hell's Kitchen. I don't want to leave anything out here. I guess I've signed maybe 20 shit players, maybe 40. I have tapes of a lot of it, uh some of the players have seen the tapes. Tonight I, uh, I just had to send out a LOT of shit players!!! And I'm not sure I'm gonna get away with it this time. I guess I'll uh, I mean, ah, I guess I'm a pretty uh, I mean I guess I'm a pretty bad spotter of talent. So, if you get back tomorrow, I may show up at Harry's Bar, so you know, keep your eyes open.

Isn't this the main target of our current owners?

Who the fuck cares what the owners think? We are LFC, we win trophies. The day we aim or settle for less, is the day when we lose a big part of what we are. We sing about 18-5, not about finishing 4th.

If we won the league but lost 10 league games, I guess most of us would take it, unlikely as that may be. Seeing as we probably won't know until March, it might be worth waiting until then?

Some appalling glory hunters on here. When the going gets tough, the cowards shoot from the hip and shout for the manager's head. He's achieved his target every season he's been here (from the board's point of view, and it's also what would be asked of any new manager) in that we've qualified for the CL in each and every season. This may not be the fans target, but it's the all new Liverpool FC since that limp dick Moores sold the club and any right to want to be amongst the challengers.

Yep. Embarrassing. Don't worry, they will be “supporting” Citeh next year.

Do you want Rafa sacked John? You've been pussy footing around the issue for a long time now but haven't come out and said it. If you do want him out, who do you want that would be considered a realistic option?

I have said numerous times on here I want him out of the club as much as I want the owners out. As Red Knight says putting them together muddies the waters.

I would want Mourinho here in a heartbeat if the chance arose.

Lets face it, the owners may be absolute parasites but I didn't like the way Rafa played politician over certain things and the Alonso thing will ALWAYS rankle with me.

I have said numerous times on here I want him out of the club as much as I want the owners out. As Red Knight says putting them together muddies the waters.

Lets face it, the owners may be absolute parasites but I didn't like the way Rafa played politician over certain things and the Alonso thing will ALWAYS rankle with me.

I was more upset with the way that Benitez tries to play with the emotions of the supporters. Using us as leverage for his new, undeserved, contract.

If we won the league but lost 10 league games, I guess most of us would take it, unlikely as that may be. Seeing as we probably won't know until March, it might be worth waiting until then?

That's fair comment, but surely people have a right to be concerned by our current run of form? When we've only mustered one genuine title challenge in five years, many people get a creeping sense that maybe last year was the exception and this season is returning to the rule.

I was more upset with the way that Benitez tries to play with the emotions of the supporters. Using us as leverage for his new, undeserved, contract.

Exactly, he manipulated his way into this contract he got. Stronger owners would have told him to shut the fuck up and get on with trying to win those things we used to call trophies and actually prove you deserve to be the manager.

4th place ''success'' has killed football for me.

That's fair comment, but surely people have a right to be concerned by our current run of form? When we've only mustered one genuine title challenge in five years, many people get a creeping sense that maybe last year was the exception and this season is returning to the rule.

Definitely true. I still can't believe that we've won only one game against decent opposition.

I've never had an issue with all that to be honest. Managers by their nature are going to be single minded men, I'd expect him to try and use any means at his disposal to get his own way. My problem with Rafa has always been about his tactics, his lack of ability to learn, he simply never learns even when it looks like he's made a tactical leap. But most damning of all has to be his transfer record, he's spent so fucking much money on players who are about as much use as the pope's balls.

People talk about injuries, but the fact our squad contains championship quality players who're incapable of doing anything other than sumply filling a space on a teamsheet is something he must answer for.

There are players in that squad who - when I hear they're playing - actually make my heart sink. And it's not just about quality, players like Mad Eric and Biscan weren't the best players in the world, but you at least thought "fuck it, this'll be interesting!" But with this 'second string', they're incapable even of a little randomness, or of even injecting some fun into proceedings, they're just bereft of anything, listless, hollow, shite players.

Fair enough, you've nailed your colours. I disagree and also see the manager and ownersip issues as completely entwined.

I'm not privileged enough to be a recipient of half the insider stuff that seems to be common knowledge amongst many regulars on here, but I tend to adopt my views on what I see, and maybe that's why Rafa gets a bit of a break from me, and why I can't seperate the ownership and management of the club.

Personally I can't stand Mourinho and believe he isn't stupid enough to set himself up for a fall by agreeing to take us on when he would have the financial handicap that is the Yanks in charge and the pathetic budget that comes with them.