You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alfred Hitchcock

Redder Lurtz

Got myself acopy of The Man Who Knew Too Much to watch sometime over the weekend. Bit late now, like, but might watch it tomorrow.

I love North by Northwest and Vertigo. Psycho and The Birds are good but obviously different genres. Anyone here have a fave Hitchcock movie? I think I may make it a project to watch all of his films.

I recently watched Frenzy, Shadow of a Doubt and The Man Who Knew Too Much. All great.

Buy this. It's cheap and great.

Hitchcock 14 Disc Box Set - Vertigo/ The Birds/ Rear Window/ Marnie/ Frenzy/ Topaz/ The Trouble With Harry/ Torn Curtain/ Psycho/ Family Plot/ Saboteur/ Shadow Of A Doubt/ Man Who Knew Too Much/ Rope DVD: Amazon.co.uk: Alfred Hitchcock: DVD

It's missing a couple but has the older interesting ones.

I recently watched Frenzy, Shadow of a Doubt and The Man Who Knew Too Much. All great.

Buy this. It's cheap and great.

Hitchcock 14 Disc Box Set - Vertigo/ The Birds/ Rear Window/ Marnie/ Frenzy/ Topaz/ The Trouble With Harry/ Torn Curtain/ Psycho/ Family Plot/ Saboteur/ Shadow Of A Doubt/ Man Who Knew Too Much/ Rope DVD: Amazon.co.uk: Alfred Hitchcock: DVD

It's missing a couple but has the older interesting ones.

Bloody hell that is cheap. Cheers Thants.

I love North By Northwest. I've also bought Vertigo and Rear Window on recommendation, but haven't watched them yet. Overall though, I think Hitchcock was overrated as a director. For me a lot of his stuff just isn't that good. And I include Psycho and The Birds in that.

I love North By Northwest. I've also bought Vertigo and Rear Window on recommendation, but haven't watched them yet. Overall though, I think Hitchcock was overrated as a director. For me a lot of his stuff just isn't that good. And I include Psycho and The Birds in that.

Psycho, for me, is a good movie but it lived for years on the shower scene and the score which went with it. Without that scene it would have been just like any other reasonably good film. I find The Birds quite weak although still watchable. There's something entirely different about the likes of North by Northwest and The 39 Steps. Atmospherically those type of his films are unique and it's that atmosphere that I find completely compelling.

• 9 years later...
2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Watched Vertigo the other day, looked glorious in full HD. Superb film.

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

My favourite Hitchcock film, without question. Cloaked by that sickly green with Hermann's brilliantly hypnotic soundtrack. Carlotta Valdes would definitely get it. 

On 02/11/2009 at 01:24, RedKnight said:

Rear Window is my favourite, atmospheric, good story, wonderful set, Stewart being Stewart, Grace Kelly looking amazing and an excellent Simpsons parody too.

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

They're my favourite 2 Hitchcock films.

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Watched North by Northwest again the other week and is still a brilliant movie with classic scenes (the crop duster and Mount Rushmore), great villains and even though it’s sixty years old has one of the most erotically charged scenes ever filmed

I watched it yesterday.

I love the auction scene. Grant putting in a bid at the end, while being dragged away by the police is funny as fuck: