You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

article in the bel tel today.... sorry if its been posted

Real Madrid set to swoop for Liverpool boss Benitez

Friday, 30 October 2009

Real Madrid are set to make a sensational move to snap-up Rafa Benitez as their next manager.

Current boss Manuel Pellegrini has reportedly been given two games to turn their season around for the Spanish giants after a poor run of form despite having secured the services of some of the world’s best players.

Madrid have won just one of their last five games and were hammered 4-0 by third division Alcorcon in the Cup on Tuesday night.

Pellegrini will probably have to lead his side to victory against Getafe on Saturday and at AC Milan in the Champions League on Wednesday to save his job.

In between, Madrid bosses will attempt to find out if Benitez would be willing to jump ship amid further boardroom and financial chaos at Anfield.

what utter cunts! i hope its just mind games :(

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to start counting the posts and see how long it'll be until someone says it's Rafa planting stories in the press and therefore is Rafas fault that this will upset the team.

its inevitable

...i agree with the control part but im sure it is tempting, and if he hadnt nailed down terms in his contract he'd have been off and that would have been a disaster.

As long as he's with us he's always going to be linked to Madrid. So I'd ignore it and only believe it on the day he actually does walk.

Rafa's an intelligent man and would know that he'd have 2 seasons max there the way they constantly change coaches. At least here he has everything the way he wants it at the minute. Makes no sense for him to leave yet.

I'm going to start counting the posts and see how long it'll be until someone says it's Rafa planting stories in the press and therefore is Rafas fault that this will upset the team despite RM been very clear for years that they'd have Rafa in a heartbeat.

Or a new twist is Rafa has planted the story so he can wind up Xabi.

I'm going to start counting the posts and see how long it'll be until someone says it's Rafa planting stories in the press and therefore is Rafas fault that this will upset the team despite RM been very clear for years that they'd have Rafa in a heartbeat.

Sounds to me like rafa is plantin these stories to bring up is rep, as he's been a bit under pressure. I wouldn't mind, but the adverse effect is upsetting the atmosphere and adding instability to an already volatile situation at the club.

Ta da! Who'd have thunk it.

I take great pleasure in seeing that club fail miserably to compete with Barca this season.

Besides Rafa is too much of an honourable man to join that club anyway.

what are you talking about? It's his club. He's on record of saying he would like to manage them one day. He's already been employed by them in the past. Of course he would go there. The only thing stopping him now is he doesn't want to work with valdano.

what are you talking about? It's his club. He's on record of saying he would like to manage them one day. He's already been employed by them in the past. Of course he would go there. The only thing stopping him now is he doesn't want to work with valdano.

Plus the fact Perez doesn't want him, and they won't give him the control he wants, and he'd rather be here, and etc etc

There's more reasons then that. Rafa has an awful lot of things said about him, but there is no doubt that he loves our club.

There's more reasons then that. Rafa has an awful lot of things said about him, but there is no doubt that he loves our club.

the quote was he was too honourable to join "that club" and that's what I was taking exception to. There might be more than the one reason I stated, but one thing is for sure, it has nothing to do with rafa being too honourable to join them. He won't look at that club the same way we do. It's his club, he's been brought up in it's traditions. I would say actually it is probably his ambition to one day manage them. In fact I'm pretty sure he's been quoted as saying as much about 18 months into his time here.

the quote was he was too honourable to join "that club" and what I was taking exception to. There might be more than the one reason I stated, but one thing is for sure, it has nothing to do with rafa being too honourable to join them. He won't look at that club the same way we do. It's his club, he's been brought up in it's traditions. I would say actually it is probably his ambition to one day manage them. In fact I'm pretty sure he's been quoted as saying as much about 18 months into his time here.

No argument with that.