You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RBS

Royal Family

RBS CAN repossess us - the biggest personal guarantee those two creatures have left (indeed the ONLY one of any note now after selling all the rest in a desperate attempt to keep us) is US;

If you've got something that shows the loans are secured against us, I'll revise my opinion, but everything I've read says the loans are not secured against the club. That was the substance of the pissing match between Parry & DM and the owners. The only thing of value they managed in all the time they were here.

Yes, we are the only vehicle they have for generating the interest payments, but that's an entirely different thing.

Also, do you REALLY think Purslow is anything other than there on behalf of RBS to facilitate a sale after speaking out against the owners and KEEPING his job?

Yes I do because because a sale isn't in RBS's interest and H&G are not going to sack a guy who is 1/2 way through a project to secure them 100m and the credit for a stadium just because he said some horrible things about them.

Also - their are limits they WON'T go to Piscinin - Hicks Jr being driven out after conflict with fans - Gillette constantly wanting out and even HICKS supposedly recently wondering why he bothered with LFC showed that prolonged confrontation with LFC's militant fanbase is NOT what they want or will continue with indefinitely.

It would take a proper militant fan base with Uzi's and shit to get them to give up their 130m investment and the future profits from the stadium. Don't kid yourself, Jr getting kicked out made not 1 iota of difference to the real situation. Yes man #1 was replaced by Yes woman #1.

They have weaknesses like ALL humans - limits they WON'T go beyond - we just need to find them - that's all.

There are limits they are economic ones though.

I do agree however that anti-RBS posters, action via MP's and the mass withdrawal of custom from them by LFC fans WILL force their hand even faster than by waiting for July (when it is clearly obvious that THIS time they WILL go one way or another); We could also FORCE the twin horrors out quicker by attacking them in their homeland with a poster campaign like the one around Liverpool in their home towns, attacks on them through the US media (as we once did to Steve Cohen and look how well THAT worked!!). They will go soon, they'll HAVE to go as they've literally run out of money just about to hold on to us whatever 'tricks' they may have up their sleeve - they Can't disguise THAT fact anymore; THAT tipping point is what our potential future owners are waiting for - they're Waiting for the banks to foreclose on their ownership and FORCE our sale at a knockdown price. We could speed up the arrival of said point by pressurising RBS and the twin terrors a bit more so they realise it's in their interests to get the whole thing done as soon as possible.

RBS may be making a lot of money from their association with us but they've been careful thus far (and will continue to be) to treat us with kid gloves as the very LAST thing they want is the worldwide LFC fanbase blowing up in their faces big time - think of the bad publicity and the damage THAT would do to them and their business -that's why a little pressure in the right places WILL force their hands. Either way, it's clear to even a blind person that Hicks and Gillette really ARE on their last legs with the bank debt on one side, an angry fanbase on another and NO sign of the credit crisis easing enough to help their ownership behind their backs - they're between a Rock and a Hard Place. They're almost out now as we'll find out soon enough......................

Well we've spent a few years trying to make an economic impact on H&G and have achieved the square root of fuck all, so I can't see how we can take down a bank.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banks really don't give a fuck about publicity. In fact I'd go as far as saying they're the industry sector which cares the least, as they know people can't do without them. They only understand money, and right now the club is a cash cow as long as it's got interest to pay. What's the worst that could happen in RBS's eyes? They get the club back and flog it, while still having all the profit from the loan interest in their coffers. Taking advantage of people in debt is how Banks make their living.

Banks really don't give a fuck about publicity. In fact I'd go as far as saying they're the industry sector which cares the least, as they know people can't do without them. They only understand money, and right now the club is a cash cow as long as it's got interest to pay. What's the worst that could happen in RBS's eyes? They get the club back and flog it, while still having all the profit from the loan interest in their coffers. Taking advantage of people in debt is how Banks make their living.

Spot on. And the more debt the better in the eyes of the bank, especially when there are substancial revenues generated to service repayments.

The only positive thing I've read about the Yanks was that they have increased our commercial revenue by something like 70%. Shame the club dont see any of it though.

Mate they all say alot at these legends night, aldo is always mouthing off in the Irish press but when he was asked by SOS to join in the protest at the Bolton game his response "Next time lads", whatever him Dalgish Hansen Kennedy and the rest may say when it comes down to it

THEY DONT GIVE A FUCK

nah i dont agree what would happen if they stood with a crowd of 200 people? You got it 200 people seeing a chance to stand next to or get an autograph form a legend(yes some people are that small minded).But i will say if they are so much against the owership then they perhaps a joint statement from ex players backing the fans/SOS in there efforts to get the 2 fuckwits out might throw some weight.....something SOS might want to look into?

nah i dont agree what would happen if they stood with a crowd of 200 people? You got it 200 people seeing a chance to stand next to or get an autograph form a legend(yes some people are that small minded).But i will say if they are so much against the owership then they perhaps a joint statement from ex players backing the fans/SOS in there efforts to get the 2 fuckwits out might throw some weight.....something SOS might want to look into?

FFS mate where the fuck did you get that from, do you really think with the owner of the club in the ground the man that is destroying us, if John aldridge a man who is from Liverpool, has a bar in the city is always around decided to back up the fans protest which is what we're crying out for,that the fans there in the freezing cold would say any chance of a photo or autograph aldo and forget about the protest, mate go have a think about what your saying because its stupid. Aldo lost his arse that day, and the fact is him and Kenny and the rest of them for all there talk about love for the club dont give a fuck about anything bar whats in it for them.

All the LFC Legends care about are their tickets and their pre-match booze. Sad but true I'm afraid. This football club is rotten to the core, evidenced by a brand new tour guide telling my Year 9 students on Thursday, when I got 2 of them to ask what he thought of the owners, that they were "wonderful people" who had "the best interests of the club at heart" and that it would "all turn out rosey in the end."

Vomit inducing lies.

All the LFC Legends care about are their tickets and their pre-match booze. Sad but true I'm afraid. This football club is rotten to the core, evidenced by a brand new tour guide telling my Year 9 students on Thursday, when I got 2 of them to ask what he thought of the owners, that they were "wonderful people" who had "the best interests of the club at heart" and that it would "all turn out rosey in the end."

Vomit inducing lies.

Which "legends" said that mate?

what happens when the £100m is not paid in July, and lets be honest its not gona happen, Easter 4 weeks away thats when Purslow said he WILL have the investment in place and thats not likely.

He said he 'expects' investment not 'will' have investment.

why would rbs call in a debt that they are making tens of millions in interest payments on?

not going to happen. the club isn't like some 125% mortgage to someone who 100% overpaid on some shoebox flat and is now facing redundancy.

RBS want the £237m owing reduced.

Despite what the Owners think,in the real world the Club ISN'T worth much more than the £237m outstanding,

So for arguments sake, the Owners go broke and RBS put the Club up for sale,by the time fees and cost are taken out the Bank would be lucky to get the £237M outstanding.

In a nutshell the bank are exposed to 100% risk whilst good old Tom and George aren't liable at all.

Piscinin - you said earlier re what it would take to FORCE those b*stards out physically that ''It would take a proper militant fan base with Uzi's and shit''; Don't know about going as far as That but do you (or anyone else here) not think it's WAY past time we REALLY upped the ante against them physically a little? By this I mean instigating all out almost guerilla warfare against them; And doing so EVERY time they so much as come near Anfield - block them in the directors box, crowd them physcially, go after their cars as we did outside the Arsenal game, jostle them the WHOLE way from their airports to their hotels and IN said hotels? Crowd them, bombard them with questions about ''when will they sell/do they know just HOW much they're hated/it's not safe for them at LFC?etc'' to REALLY upset/annoy them; Basically, the works - I think in their current vulnerable state, Nothing would make them lose their nerve more than that - And maybe a bit of the same treatment in the US on their HOME turf from our US based supporters would freak them out even more IF we go down this line.

This would have a telling effect on them I think - especially if Hicks begins to remember with it all, just HOW nasty the Corinthians fans were to get rid of him all those years back and believe me they WERE nasty - I just think it's about time we dropped the mask of civility as playing by the rules isn't working is it? In fact, it's probably giving them reason to sit there and laugh at us with our 'scruples'; And you can bet that THEY disregarded ANY idea of rules LONG before they decided to take over/hijack our club - isn't it time we fought fire with fire and took the war against them TO them big time? I also think if we combine this with staged boycotts of matches that gradually increase in numbers - THEN they'll get the message as I seem to remember a few people I know who tried to e-mail Hicks getting NO reply from him at all until they mentioned boycotts - then? He replied within minutes - That says it all really - they're ONLY concerned about their pockets and thus one of the FEW ways to hit them and hurt them is via the pockets - thus boycotts if tried WILL work - THEY are the one thing these two truly fear other than a militant fanbase - Isn't it time they had to face BOTH for as long as it takes? In fact IMO, It's long past time we got REALLY nasty with them actually, but better late than never - I think that the sooner we start this - the quicker they'll be gone. But as ever the hardest step is the first - the REAL question here is do any of us DARE go down this road first for all to follow? I think it's time we did......................

Edited by Redshadow

Our prospective MP (the ones you don't see from one election to the next) has sent the usual flyer around asking for my vote.

It has a freepost address so you can send in any points or issues you want addressing.

I don't know how common this is but given that the post is free, and it only takes a couple of minutes and an envelope to complete, i'll be sending a reply along the lines of RBS is existing because of my (our) tax money being invested in it, and i'm not happy that my (our) bank is continuing to prop up Waldorf and Stadtler's ownership of my (our) football club, so what are you going to do about it Prospective MP?

Might not make any difference, but it's another angle?

Our prospective MP (the ones you don't see from one election to the next) has sent the usual flyer around asking for my vote.

It has a freepost address so you can send in any points or issues you want addressing.

I don't know how common this is but given that the post is free, and it only takes a couple of minutes and an envelope to complete, i'll be sending a reply along the lines of RBS is existing because of my (our) tax money being invested in it, and i'm not happy that my (our) bank is continuing to prop up Waldorf and Stadtler's ownership of my (our) football club, so what are you going to do about it Prospective MP?

Might not make any difference, but it's another angle?

It's a great idea, like you say it may come to nothing, but then again it might end up in a corridor conversation somewhere down the line.

Anyone who has an MP in a marginal seat should do what you are doing. Tell 'em what your vote will cost and ask them what they will do and if they bullshit you, tell 'em you're voting for the other lot. If they didn't sign-off on the early day motion from last year give them an extra dose of grief. Obviously it's all bluff vote with your conscience.

what happens when the £100m is not paid in July, and lets be honest its not gona happen, Easter 4 weeks away thats when Purslow said he WILL have the investment in place and thats not likely.

Easter is the first deadline, seems odd that SoS haven't been back at Purslow asking for updates. Or is the relationship with Purslow dead now after the publishing of both sets of minutes?

No legends were present, he was just a tour guide. Kids don't get a legend doing the tour it seems.

So they got rid of the skinny Steve Simonsen lookalike then?

When I went on the tour, won the opportunity to go in my old place of work, no legends were there, but I did see Rick Parry and Jack Hobbs in the Kop. Rick had a tie that you could see from Glasgow.

rebecca.oliphant@rbs.com

Dear Stephen

Thank you for your email below, due to John's currently hectic schedule I am responding on his behalf.

We appreciate and note your concerns and those of some other supporters. Please be assured that we have a common objective; the long-term success of Liverpool Football Club.

As you state below, the Bank is unable to disclose any information on this transaction, as such we are unable to address your specific questions at this time.

Kind regards

Rebecca

Rebecca Oliphant

RBS Global Banking & Markets

Office: +44 20 7085 8098 | Mobile: +44 7738 188876

It's a great idea, like you say it may come to nothing, but then again it might end up in a corridor conversation somewhere down the line.

Anyone who has an MP in a marginal seat should do what you are doing. Tell 'em what your vote will cost and ask them what they will do and if they bullshit you, tell 'em you're voting for the other lot. If they didn't sign-off on the early day motion from last year give them an extra dose of grief. Obviously it's all bluff vote with your conscience.

Couldn't agree more, the Prospective MP is a Newbint as the incumbent is *ahem* stepping down, so i'm hoping she'll be dead keen to take up the cudgels and get some brownie points.

Won't hurt trying.