You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin Kelly

Dicko

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paco is a bit harsh, Riena fluffed the punch.

I was worried the pace may get to him in the 2nd half but he kept up brilliantly. His crossing was excellent, he put loads of pace on the ball which is a nightmare for the defenders and keepers.

Great prospect, hope he gets another chance soon but I'd think long and hard against him playing him Sunday if he's fit.

he'll do a better job than carra & skertel so i'd play him if if GJ is out.so what if he gets embarrased a couple of times? thats how you learn your trade and anyway,if its ok for pooh like insua and friends to make a twat of themselves (and us unfortunately!) on a weekly basis? then whats wrong with kelly doing the same? (6)

I thought he was excellent last night and would definitely like to see more of him. I'd be surprised if he played many more games though. He's not going to get in ahead of Johnson when he's fit and Rafa will probably favour Degen in the league games anyway, if this season is anything to go by.

He's not going to get a game at centre half, and again, Ayala would probably be favoured?

Popping me Liverpool Way cherry here so don't bum me, I'm a virgin.

Thought Kelly was superb and a real positive from a shit night. What stood out for me is the lad had a bit of bollocks about him.

Most young players given their big chance would play it simple, take the easy option and concentrate on not fucking things up.

Kelly looked fearless, had the balls to get forward, put in a couple of great crosses and could have scored. Might have to reign in that enthusiam a little bit like considering he was meant to be at right back, but rather that than do fuck all and slip back into the shadows. He got a chance and he took it - good on him.

As for the Mancs, if Johnson's not fit and he is, play him. Remember Rob Jones against Ryan Giggs? Straight in at the deep end and he was quality.

Thought he had a great game. Some total blerts (two locals, late teens, early 20's) thought otherwise. Walking down Anny Road, I overhead this.

BLERT 1: "Ey lad, oooos dat Kelly? Eee was shite lad"

BLERT 2: "yeh anno lad. Wats Rafa doin' puttin' some kid in der?"

I give up.

I like his physicality - he actually looks ready now. He doesn't seem to need to bulk up or do some work in the gym like a lot of do. Bit Rooney like in the way.

Still one good game does not a career make but it's nice to think we may have some potential coming through.

Thought he had a great game. Some total blerts (two locals, late teens, early 20's) thought otherwise. Walking down Anny Road, I overhead this.

I give up.

Bloody local OOTs

I give up.

Gaz, you aren't half a sensitive lad! There's always been knobheads who go the match; people who genuinely don't understand football. It was like that when we were top of the tree and my dad used to take me years ago, and it's like that now.

You need to just ignore it. I can guarantee that at least 40,000 people came out of Anfield impressed with Kelly.

Big fan of Martin Kelly, his chances will be very limited this season though, however heres hoping that, that performance in particular made Rafa sit up and take note. He looked light years ahead of his age and wasn't scared at all. Keep up the good work Martin and hopefully we will see more of you.

Gaz, you aren't half a sensitive lad! There's always been knobheads who go the match; people who genuinely don't understand football. It was like that when we were top of the tree and my dad used to take me years ago, and it's like that now.

You need to just ignore it. I can guarantee that at least 40,000 people came out of Anfield impressed with Kelly.

All I did was pass comment on something I heard. I wasnt upset that they said it. I didnt take it as a personal insult, so I dont know where you get how I was being sensitive about it.

I'd give him a run at RB, and play Johnson ahead of him. A right side with a bit of penetration - woohoo!

Agree with that. I know Johnson is an easy target for his defending but there's no getting away from the fact that he's better going forward. Plus we get Kuyt, who is having a shocking season, out of a creative position.