You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gigs I have been to recently thread

Thants

Boss was brilliant last night. Couldn't believe it when he said " Do you want me to carry on with requests or play Darkness on the Edge of Town?" didn't think he meant the whole album. My fav as well. Setlist was as good as I have ever had in over 20 gigs. Thought "Bobby Jean" was the pick of the encores

The only downer ,apart from the pissy beer at a fiver a chuck, was the poor sound quality. We were on the pitch and couldn't find a spot where it sounded good. In the end we were right at the back as it was a little better there. Did anyone else think the same ?

I thought the sound was poor, though it seemed to me to be worse at some times than others. A lot of online comments have said the same thing. Hopefully it will be better at hard Rock and the Millenium Stadium.

• 4 months later...

I went to see Damien Dempsey the other week. After YouTubeing him I was dreading 90 minutes of Irish folk music because there's nothing I hate more than Irish folk music. Luckily he was a lot Rockier then I expected though. there was a very anti-English vibe at times and being in a room with 500 smashed Oirish was challenging

Yes, it's Garcia, Mike Dean, Brant Bjork and Bruno Fevery at the moment. Garica and Bjork both looked like it takes them a hell of a lot of effort to do it these days but sounded brilliant.

Is he on drums or guitar?

Thought Oliveri was in them as well, or is he concentrating on Mondo Generator.

Wish I'd have gone to AIC at Leeds. I wasn't bothered when I read it was a Sunday.

Depeche Mode at Leeds Arena tonight. First time going. Heard mixed thoughts on it as a venue. Wasn't really interested in going last yesterday but woke up today looking forward to it.

QOTSA a week today at MEN & Pixies on the 21st at the Apollo.

• Upvote 1

Wish I'd have gone to AIC at Leeds. I wasn't bothered when I read it was a Sunday.

Depeche Mode at Leeds Arena tonight. First time going. Heard mixed thoughts on it as a venue. Wasn't really interested in going last yesterday but woke up today looking forward to it.

QOTSA a week today at MEN & Pixies on the 21st at the Apollo.

Nice work mate they will all be boss 

Stereophonics at the MEN tomorrow.

Comedy gigs, I went to see Micky Flanagan at the Echo last night. Better than I thought he'd be.

I saw Flanagan at the 02. Thought his Out Out tour was brilliant, not so sure about this one. Maybe because I was hammered. I found some of it cringeworthy and cheap with the saville jokes and then there where a lot of 70's references that I didn't get. I thought it was average

Alice In Chains on Sunday night at Leeds 02 academy. Top class. Supported by a band called Ghost who walked on to Gregorian chanting and looked like this:

Ghost-B.C.1.jpg

so that was nice. AIC were first class.

Sounds like your gig was as class as the Manchester one on Monday.

Ghost are a boss band and were the perfect warm up for AIC. Who, as I have previously stated already in this thread, were fucking amazing. I am still buzzing today.

I love how they only played about 3 newish tunes and the rest were classics.

• Upvote 1

Really gutted I didn't go & see AIC now. Boo.

Some of the new stuff is ace. Check My Brain, Stone & Hollow deserve to be heard by millions.

Expensive week & they were last to go on sale.

And it was a Sunday.

They were ace but I'd swap that night for your Pixies ticket. You absolute twat, Paulie. Bandsintown fucked me over on that. They didn't list it until after all the tickets were sold, the shitheads.

Anyway, just found out that The Damned are to be supported by The Dickies at Leeds 02 on 12th December so that'll be 2 years in a row I'll be like a giddy fucking teenager. Then Max Raptor at The Cockpit on 17th which I'm seriously looking forward to. Can't wait to see those lads play live.

Really gutted I didn't go & see AIC now. Boo.

Some of the new stuff is ace. Check My Brain, Stone & Hollow deserve to be heard by millions.

Expensive week & they were last to go on sale.

And it was a Sunday.

New stuff, along with Black Gives Way To Blue is more of a mature refined sound. Which I am glad about personally.

Billy Duvall can certainly pull the classics off more than he could when I seen them 2010.