You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Really pleased with young Kelly tonight - that was the main positive.

I also thought Ngog held the ball up quite well.

Bemused by the Benayoun substitution, like most people. That has nothing to do with G&H phoning RB and telling him to haul off Yossi for Voronin.

However, the real cancer is the ownership of the club. I think until they go, RB should be supported (unless he leaves first!).

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa has to take a good part of the blame. He bought a an injured midfielder that will not be ready until the end of October because he thinks the squad in good enough.

Yeah and how much did he cost? Did you ever stop to think why we bought him? he's quality albeit he was injured but more importantly cheap as installments because of the injury. We only paid 5 mil up front. If he hadnt had his injury problems he would not have been 20 million in tiny chunks.

We have no money. Its all very well dissing Rafa over transfers but when he has no budget and has to wheel and deal well then basically hes buggered.

Nick, you're right about the owners, but if they'd have given Benitez an extra 100 million to spend, we'd still have a shiite squad.

Yes, we're in a worse state than we should be in, but Benitez has to take his share of the blame.

I really dont agree with that at all

You know I am no Rafa fan

But if he had been allowed to use all of the Xabi money as promissed to him and buy Silva things would have been different.

Basically when they pulled the rug on him Rafa had made a decision to leave and did walkout. However like Xabi he decided to choose his time at the end of the season. The problem you have here is the owners have demotivated the manager and who motivates the motivator?

Nick, you're right about the owners, but if they'd have given Benitez an extra 100 million to spend, we'd still have a shiite squad.

Yes, we're in a worse state than we should be in, but Benitez has to take his share of the blame.

Garbage.

I really dont agree with that at all

You know I am no Rafa fan

But if he had been allowed to use all of the Xabi money as promissed to him and buy Silva things would have been different.

Basically when they pulled the rug on him Rafa had made a decision to leave and did walkout. However like Xabi he decided to choose his time at the end of the season. The problem you have here is the owners have demotivated the manager and who motivates the motivator?

Is this true?

The main positive to take from tonights game is that Agger is back in the team, I think he had a good game.

Kelly had a good game as well, but he will be back on the bench/stands whenever Johnson is fit so it really wont make any difference.

If he would have go his chance tonight if Degen had been included in the CL squad is another question as well, I somehow doubt it.

Kenny Dalglish would be put in charge tommorrow if i had my way until the end of the season. Seriously though, think of the lift it would give everyone connected to the club if he was installed.

Kenny has been out of management for a long while i don't think its a good idea

67 In,

69 Out,

In,

Out,

In,

Out,

And were still in with no fucking shout.

You do the hokey pokey

And you turn yourself around

Thats what its all about.

Bullshit!

5 years and how much ground made? IMO when a manager starts making serious ground backwards, his time is up.

And if anyone disagrees that we are not going backward this season they need a kick in the Paul Jewells.

The main positive to take from tonights game is that Agger is back in the team, I think he had a good game.

Kelly had a good game as well, but he will be back on the bench/stands whenever Johnson is fit so it really wont make any difference.

If he would have go his chance tonight if Degen had been included in the CL squad is another question as well, I somehow doubt it.

The manager did put him in the squad Code. Do you really have so little respect for Benitez?

The manager is on a precipice. He lost a large, large swathe of fans when he took Benayoun off. I understand leaving N'Gog on but I'd have taken off one of the midfielders, Lucas or The Chief. Benayoun is a threat whenever he's on the pitch, he is one of the few players we have who can beat a man.

The whole performance, apart from 20 minutes after we scored and either side of half time, was a let down. The crowd turned up expecting us to beat Lyon and they were badly mistaken. They also gobbed off for us to attack, which we did and Lyon promptly scored. I'd have laughed at any other fans. Careful what you wish for. We got played off the park by a very handy team and I would have been pleased with 1-1, but no, we don't have the patience for that.

I am very, very disappointed but at the end of the day, we only have ourselves to blame. We don't have a midfielder who can control the game, we've only got one striker who is a world class presence, and we let our only dominant centre half go this summer and his "replacement" is crocked.

The manager won't be sacked as we can't afford it, and I can't see him resigning any time soon, so we need to get our shit together or we'll be midtable. We need to win all our games in the Champions League now or we are out. I love Rafa, but I think he has made enough mistakes in 3 of our last 4 games to last a season and my patience is wearing thin.

A win on Sunday papers over the cracks, nothing more. The manager was short changed by the cuntish owners this summer, definitely, but he's short changing us and himself at the moment. On the brink.

PS - well done Martin Kelly. Excellent debut.

Can we please stop blaming the owners after every fucking defeat and after every fucking shite performance by our multi million pound stars?

What had lack of money to do with the defeat against a team that had the entire defence injured? They only had one first team defender on the pitch today and even he got injured and substituted. Despite all these injury problems for THEM, they looked like the home team today. They walked all over us except 15 mins in OUR OWN GROUND.

We lost today because of extremely poor performance and the lack of confidence/motivation within the camp. Rafa and the players are to blame for this mess - NOT THE FUCKING OWNERS.

Can we please stop blaming the owners after every fucking defeat and after every fucking shite performance by our multi million pound stars?

What had lack of money to do with the defeat against a team that had the entire defence injured? They only had one first team defender on the pitch today and even he got injured and substituted. Despite all these injury problems for THEM, they looked like the home team today. They walked all over us except 15 mins in OUR OWN GROUND.

We lost today because of extremely poor performance and the lack of confidence/motivation within the camp. Rafa and the players are to blame for this mess - NOT THE FUCKING OWNERS.

I appologise to everyone on this forum but your a fucking idiot

I want to see what people say about the owners when they try and sell Torres to United or City, because that's what we're facing.

I think it's harsh on Benitez when he has half the senior players injured and is filling the team with teenagers.

There is no easy answer, the fact is we need a lot of money spent on the team and it aint going to happen if anything the opposite will. I hope Rafa doesn't walk