You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland Match Thread (17th October 2009)

Herp McDerp

The balance of the team was all over the place today.

The so called first team players need to grow some bollocks and play like they want to play for our club.

We looked like a mid table team today and Sunderland deserved the win.

Cattermole was excellent before he went off injured as well.

We are miles off winning the league this season.

Knee jerk perhaps but we are not good enough.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you fucking thick, Coop? This is a joke. You bring up Cattermole to replace Alonso = Serious Doubts. It's totally true... I'd want Rafa's scalp with that trade but I think every fucking person on this forum would take Cattermole over Lucas.

Who the fuck said Cattermole to replace Alonso because i never fucking did but you seriously think Cattermole would have been worse then what Lucas and Spearing were today.

We signed Aquilani as a replacement for Alonso.

Both Cattermole and Cana are tough tackling midfielders and both of them run riot out there today and last week against the mancs.

It is not about the yanks. It is about how Rafa decided to spent the assets at his disposal. It could've been done a whole lot better, it seems.

Is correct to a degree however if you remember history he obviously thought he was getting more money than he was ending up with and had the rug pulled from underneath him. However speding the money on a player who was going to miss 30% of the PL season was fucking madness. He should have bought Silva or a player like him.

It is not about the yanks. It is about how Rafa decided to spent the assets at his disposal. It could've been done a whole lot better, it seems.

We sold Alonso for £30m and Arbeloa for £5m so before Rafa instantly has to replace a midfielder and a right back.

We signed Aquilani and Johnson for those positions but then there is no money left for anyone else.

the squad isnt that bad, about 15 of them are going to the world cup

have some faith, they're capable when all fit of putting a run together although I agree right now it's depressing.

I hope your right mate, we really need to hit the form we finished last season with. Tuesday would be good time to start.

Is correct to a degree however if you remember history he obviously thought he was getting more money than he was ending up with and had the rug pulled from underneath him. However speding the money on a player who was going to miss 30% of the PL season was fucking madness. He should have bought Silva or a player like him.

Rafa wanted Silva to be his first signing of the summer and wanted it sorted early doors but Valencia put a stupid valuation on the player so therefore we had to look elsewhere.

The 40 million spent last summer has nothing to show for it, Keane was a good stand in for Torres and certainly better than anything else we have lying around. We are paying for it now as the squad looks stale and is in serious need of freshening up but we don't have the owners. I don't want Rafa out he wasn't backed this summer despite getting a good fee for Alonso but it is a sad indictment of our squad that when Gerrard and Torres get injured we look no better than a mid table team.

The 40 million spent last summer has nothing to show for it, Keane was a good stand in for Torres and certainly better than anything else we have lying around, I don't want Rafa out he wasn't backed this summer depsite getting a good fee for Alonso but it is a sad indictment of out sqaud that when Gerrard and Torres get injured we look no better than a mid table team.

Spot on.

I like Rafa but I think he is finished and I also think the club is finished. We're drowning in debt like the Mancs and we'll be overtaken by the new money. Once we miss out on Europe things will go critical.

David Moores and Parry are ultimately to blame but Rafa can't get away scott free. He's signed too much shite and just refuses to yield to clear common sense. Ah well.

Very good points

This coudl be seen as a positive

I think one of two things will happen.

1 The yanks sell out and we get owners we need and move forward greatly as we will not finiish in the top 4 which blows one big fucking hole in there master plan

2 Sadlly what I think will happen they will try and ride it out and come up with a plan for us to exist without CL football which will entail selling Torres and Gerrard will want out at the same time and you will see the slow death of Liverpool FC and probably never see LFC win the title again in our lifetime

We sold Alonso for £30m and Arbeloa for £5m so before Rafa instantly has to replace a midfielder and a right back.

We signed Aquilani and Johnson for those positions but then there is no money left for anyone else.

Johnson was bought before Alonso was sold. There was no need to sell Arbeloa either. You need strength in depth aswell as a decent first 11.

the squad isnt that bad, about 15 of them are going to the world cup

have some faith, they're capable when all fit of putting a run together although I agree right now it's depressing.

If you compare our squad to the scum, who were missing Rooney and Vidic today you will see the difference

United without Rooney, Vidic, Ronaldo and Tevez

----------Van der sar------------

Brown--Ferdinand----Evans--Evra

--------Fletcher--Carrick-------

Valencia------Scholes-------Giggs

-------------Berbatov-----------

Us without Torres,Carragher,Gerrard and Keane

--------------Reina--------------

Johnson--Agger----Skrtel--Aurelio

---------Mascherano--Lucas-----

-Babel------Benayoun------Riera-

---------------Kuyt-------------

A race for fourth place with maybe a decent run in Europe to take our minds off the fact United will win their 19th title - haven't we been here before?

That squad is among the poorest in the top half of the table.

Disagree there.

This same team minus Alonso finished second last season and do not suddenly become shite overnight.

Injuries to Agger and Aurelio plus the fact the player we signed to replace Alonso is injured have taken there toll.

Then today you have Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano all missing from the starting line up and we were always going to be weaker.

You trying to tell me that only Liverpool would miss probably the best striker in the world, the best all round midfielder and one of the best defensive midfielders all from their team.

Who the fuck said Cattermole to replace Alonso because i never fucking did but you seriously think Cattermole would have been worse then what Lucas and Spearing were today.

We signed Aquilani as a replacement for Alonso.

Both Cattermole and Cana are tough tackling midfielders and both of them run riot out there today and last week against the mancs.

What the fuck are you on about? The whole board was up in arms about Cattermole replacing Alonso. Not about signing him Fullstop... same with Cana.

Do you think that I was saying that Cattermole would have been worse than Lucas/Spearing? I was saying that EVERYONE would take Cattermole over Lucas.

He didnt have to spend the money on a player who was gong to miss 30% of the PL season

Peronally he could have spent the money on a Silva type of player and moved Gerrard back into CM.

However he chose not to

I realise that the situation might have changed during the summer because of refinancing and all that bollocks.

Knowing what we know now, it just doesn't seem that Rafa got it right to me.

I pray I will be proven wrong but right now I'm having my bi-annual complete lack of belief in Rafa's ability to deliver. And it's getting worse every time...

Johnson was bought before Alonso was sold. There was no need to sell Arbeloa either. You need strength in depth aswell as a decent first 11.

Money is important to us and we needed to sell Arbeloa after he had made it clear he was leaving for a free in the summer.

We couldn't afford to lose the £5m we would get by selling him.

Rafa would have also needed to justify the outlay on Johnson.

For me Rafa made a huge mistake in signing Alonso's replacement with him already injured as Lucas and Mascherano do not have enough creativty in them to get us the results.

Obviously the thing behind signing Aquilani was that we get a £30m midfielder for an initial outlay of £5m.

That squad is among the poorest in the top half of the table.

I'd happily have kept last years squad and feel we've gone backwards. I don't blame Rafa for the lack of depth as clearly his hands are tied and there's no funds to bring in more quality. However, he should have made ditched some of the underachievers - if the funds would be handed back to him.

The players should shoulder some of the blame as it's about time other stepped up to the plate and imposed themselves.

Lucas should have been shipped out well over a year ago. It's really sad that when one of our star central midfielders moves on, all we had to fill in the gap was this guy.

You don't have to be a fucking mastermind scout to see he isn't good enough.

Also why the fuck is Babel still here? He was mistake and a panic buy and yet Rafa hasn't moved him on. The squad is beginning to resemble the dark days of Houllier. Spineless.

It isn't worth it Coop. I wouldn't bother if I were you. The knives are out, and they've got some momentum going. They can barely wait to dance on Benitez's grave, but I think they won't find it so funny if he is replaced.

Stupid post. I'm just about as big a Rafa fan as they come, but of course he is severely testing the patience of the fans when five years into his tenure we are performing like that.

If we weren't disappointed and angry now, there'd be something wrong at a club where first is first and second is nothing.