You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 month later...

What a tough week. A week ago we had to have Pip put to sleep. Complications with a liver infection and her 17 years had taken their toll and we were left with no choice. She was a fantastic little dog and I'll never forget her. 

Yesterday Mrs Lurtz went to Darlington to meet Charlee, a three year old Jack Russell rescued from the streets of Aberdeen 4 weeks ago. I get to meet him on Monday and he's coming home with us. 

Mixed emotions really. Ideally I'd have given it another few weeks to try to come to terms with losing Pip but Mrs Lurtz wants a dog around the place so we're going for it. Really looking forward to meeting and having Charlee around and to offering him a good home after what's been a traumatizing period for him but I'm still missing Pip terribly. 

20180915_034416.jpg

1199711_billy_20180904115351_img_2135_800.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

35 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

What a tough week. A week ago we had to have Pip put to sleep. Complications with a liver infection and her 17 years had taken their toll and we were left with no choice. She was a fantastic little dog and I'll never forget her. 

Yesterday Mrs Lurtz went to Darlington to meet Charlee, a three year old Jack Russell rescued from the streets of Aberdeen 4 weeks ago. I get to meet him on Monday and he's coming home with us. 

Mixed emotions really. Ideally I'd have given it another few weeks to try to come to terms with losing Pip but Mrs Lurtz wants a dog around the place so we're going for it. Really looking forward to meeting and having Charlee around and to offering him a good home after what's been a traumatizing period for him but I'm still missing Pip terribly. 

20180915_034416.jpg

1199711_billy_20180904115351_img_2135_800.jpg

Fucking hell mate - pulling at the heart strings there! 

Milo was 19 in June and although he’ll live forever because he has to I dread to think of what you’re going through. 

Agree with you on wanting time to mourn and remember, but as much as I wouldn’t do it so quickly I can definitely understand the missus not wanting to be in a dog free house. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Does he bark with an Aberdonian accent ?

I don't know if I could have another dog.  I've had two wonderful Staffies during 20 plus years of marriage, and it absolutely rips me up when I have to let them go.  In the meantime my daughter comes round regularly with her two mental bastard Boston Terriers and they help to fill the void.  I've got a strong bond with them, but they're not mine.....

'Tis a very special thing that bond with your own mutt, and the whole atmosphere of the house changes when they finally leave you.

I envy Redder as he starts out on that journey with a new source of joy to focus on, apart from picking up dods of shite in the garden every day !

Enjoy every minute mate, it goes too quickly.

• 1 month later...

Getting a puppy Friday I think. We lost Matilda Ian rush on the 22nd of October. 

In 12 years she never once had an accident once she was house trained. She never once was Ill.  The day she died she piled on me kissing my face on couch why I had a lie down. Then got home from work to find her dead. She hasn't been ill looks like she just died peacefully in her sleep. That's a consolation but it was a terrible shock and it still brings me to tears. Miss her so much. She had so much character. 

Mrs wanted a new dog asap but took me three weeks settle on it. Getting a paterdale.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...