You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Right, the hound has chewed through about five HDMI cables and other wires/cables recently. I've bought sleeves to put the wires in, ran all speaker cables under the carpet, but it's still happening as some wires are still exposed. Im worried about her chewing through a power cable and electrocuting herself.

Anyone recommend any of those sprays that are supposed to stop them chewing wires or recommend any other methods (that don't involve a hammer to her gums)?

Lemon juice and chilli powder is supposed to be good. Or you could get bitter apple at most pet shops

Lemon juice and chilli powder is supposed to be good. Or you could get bitter apple at most pet shops

Cheers mate, will have a look. I've got in from work and she's chewed through another digital optical cable. Costing me a fucking fortune in replacements this.

What are you fellow doggie owners paying insurance wise? I'm up to £104 a month (Tesco) for Rafa. It used to be around £40 until he had a prostrate problem a couple of years back and we had to make several large claims in a few months,one was over £300 for a three week course of antibiotics,for example.He is covered up to £2500 which maybe useful as he has got a hip problem.

If it was that much I'd be trying to put that money in a seperate bank account so that if it wasn't used i still had it. Though are vets back in the day would do the op and give you time to get the money together, even allowing multiple psyments if you were a regular customer

What are you fellow doggie owners paying insurance wise? I'm up to £104 a month (Tesco) for Rafa. It used to be around £40 until he had a PROSTRATE problem a couple of years back and we had to make several large claims in a few months,one was over £300 for a three week course of antibiotics,for example.He is covered up to £2500 which maybe useful as he has got a hip problem.

Did he keep falling flat on his face?

• Upvote 3

What are you fellow doggie owners paying insurance wise? I'm up to £104 a month (Tesco) for Rafa. It used to be around £40 until he had a prostrate problem a couple of years back and we had to make several large claims in a few months,one was over £300 for a three week course of antibiotics,for example.He is covered up to £2500 which maybe useful as he has got a hip problem.

£40 a month for two.

One of ours has had 2 operations this year to remove growths, send them for histology, various fluids etc during the op, both at several hundred quid.

We use Petplan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Getting worried about our Jack Russell, Pip. She's going to the vets at 4 but just wondered if anyone's experienced anything like these symptoms with your dog. You know the way most dogs have a ticklish spot that makes their back legs kick? Well Pip has gone kind of hypersensitive in that you only have to stroke her anywhere below the neck and her legs start kicking. She's also got a couple of nasty warts on her back ankles which she won't stop biting, not sure if it's related. We're worried about having any warts removed as we don't know if she'd recover from the general anaesthetic. Apart from these things she's fine (although deaf). It's becoming very difficult having an old dog.

19990550_10155406657848190_3936130049128

20376022_10155456730713190_9137523984342

Panic over, turns out the little skank has gone and picked up a couple of fleas!

I've a very similar looking girl who is probably about 13 now - we rescued her ten years ago. Also had a trip to the vet this week to get her heart and lungs looked at as she's got a worsening heart murmur. She's now on three types of medication as a result so hopefully it will keep her comfortable for the forseeable. I don't want to think of a world without her.

Finally caved in to her and the kids a few weeks ago and agreed we could get a dog. Only had a few conditions. One, it didn't look gay. Two, not a puppy, but fully trained rescue/re-home. And three, they all share the work it takes to look after it.

I went away for a couple of nights over the weekend and came home to this little dweeb.

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

That's Bailey. 14 months old.

Apparently his previous owner said he was fully up to date on vaccinations, was good on a lead and knew basic commands like sit and stay.

Went to the vet today and it turns out he's not up to date at all. He's a knob when he's on a lead and he's a thick cunt that understands no commands whatsoever. Now I've got to train him which is the exact scenario I couldn't be arsed with. He is cute though, I'll give him that.

• Upvote 3