14 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Here's another one. It's great the way she's been accepted by the other two.

IMG-20220323-WA0001.jpg

What an absolutely tremendous photo and heartwarming story, good on you mate, she's a cracker. Looks a lot like our boy now you've had her hair cut!

• Upvote 1

Monty has been living up to his namesake by helping with the gardening. And be helping I mean shredding that box on the lawn and eating the grass seed I've put down. Helping.

IMG-20220313-WA0004.jpg

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Monty has been living up to his namesake by helping with the gardening. And be helping I mean shredding that box on the lawn and eating the grass seed I've put down. Helping.

IMG-20220313-WA0004.jpg

He's a lovely looking dog mate, characters every one.

This new one we've got is gaining in confidence and is starting to 'help' too.

When I say 'help' I really mean the exact opposite.  

We had the back door open all day yesterday and she took it upon herself to remove and chew the door seal and destroy the memory foam dog bed.

Part and parcel of having a dog, especially one with her history so we weren't expecting an easy ride.

The look on the other two though.

image.png

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

IMG-20220313-WA0004.jpg

That face says it all 'Who? Me? Never.' Scamp.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Total Longo said:

I could look at this thread all day, it's ace. 

Yeah, so could I. I'm still coping dog-less but weakening. They have started advertising bargain flights to UK again. it would be the first time in many years that we could travel together due to dog commitments.
Must stay strong.

6 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

He's a lovely looking dog mate, characters every one.

This new one we've got is gaining in confidence and is starting to 'help' too.

When I say 'help' I really mean the exact opposite.  

We had the back door open all day yesterday and she took it upon herself to remove and chew the door seal and destroy the memory foam dog bed.

Part and parcel of having a dog, especially one with her history so we weren't expecting an easy ride.

The look on the other two though.

image.png

Hahaha yeah “help” my arse. My old dog, about 10 minutes after this photo he was in that mound of mud like he was digging for treasure then traipsed it through the house. Had to bath the little get then when I’d finished mopping through I found him snoring on his back. Don’t half miss him 

D8F4447D-3336-4DED-8206-20D3D85B0F9D.jpeg

20903904-52F6-474D-89A8-BDB22DD24175.jpeg

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha yeah “help” my arse. My old dog, about 10 minutes after this photo he was in that mound of mud like he was digging for treasure then traipsed it through the house. Had to bath the little get then when I’d finished mopping through I found him snoring on his back. Don’t half miss him 

D8F4447D-3336-4DED-8206-20D3D85B0F9D.jpeg

20903904-52F6-474D-89A8-BDB22DD24175.jpeg

Yep, you get really attached to them. I've had a few dogs over the years and I miss every one of those I've lost.

Looks a lovely dog.

She's just shouted me, the little shite has just wrecked the door seal again.

Dogs.

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Yep, you get really attached to them. I've had a few dogs over the years and I miss every one of those I've lost.

Looks a lovely dog.

She's just shouted me, the little shite has just wrecked the door seal again.

Dogs.

Hahaha best things on the planet. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

2B6A2796-9A11-4188-B7AB-52964E43A55D.jpegMy beagle Mable in mid hound howl becuase somebody has had the bare faced cheek to walk past our house. It’s cute at first but I think the novelty has worn off for the neighbours. 

The smell of rotting bodies might be confusing for her. Lovely dogs 

I inherited the two dogs once my mother had passed away. Sadly just down to the one (Barney, the minature Jack) as I lost Charlie (the ginger one) to heart disease before his time.  Barney is 13 now and still as spritely as ever. 

A talented lady made wool craft models of the two as a keepsake. She has done a fantastic job.

barney.jpg

charles.jpg

273710537_1092491281318412_7170126792214836562_n.jpg

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

I inherited the two dogs once my mother had passed away. Sadly just down to the one (Barney, the minature Jack) as I lost Charlie (the ginger one) to heart disease before his time.  Barney is 13 now and still as spritely as ever. 

A talented lady made wool craft models of the two as a keepsake. She has done a fantastic job.

barney.jpg

charles.jpg

Fantastic doesn't do them justice. They look incredible pieces of work.

Lovely dogs mate, sorry about Charlie. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, House of Dirk said:

barney.jpg

charles.jpg

How has your surviving dog taken to the woollen version of their former mate?