You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 hours ago, nimrod said:

The pic I posted above is my lovely Molly, we got her as a rescue from the R.S.P.A , she was in a shocking state, no fur and only 5 kilos. We fixed that.
We had her for six years and it was guessed she was about six year old when we got her.

That photo was taken in the morning before the trip to the vet. she looks well but she was in renal failure, we took her before the end game suffering began.

Mate, what a beautiful girl she was. What a lovely life you all gave her, and I imagine she gave you. Fair play to you for taking her in, but also putting your own feelings aside for what was ultimately a hard decision, but the best thing for her in preventing suffering. Sorry for your loss mate.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Monty has found approximately 500 tennis balls in the park over the last few weeks. Here he is guarding one with his life.

I also caught him napping on our bed last week.

20210621_174139.jpg

20210623_113239.jpg

It always makes me feel a bit embarrassed and like a scruff when people say about not letting them on the bed - our lad goes wherever he wants. We bought a super king bed for more room as he used to sleep between us, but since then he jumps off just before we all fall asleep so it was a waste of time really, although the extra room is immense. In all fairness, that’s since we’ve had the baby in his own room - the mutt sleeps in our doorway now with an eye across the landing on the baby’s door. He does that when me and the wife are upstairs and downstairs respectively - he sits somewhere half way between on his own, with an eye on each room entry. Dogs are boss.

• Upvote 4

Our bed is the one place he isn't allowed. He generally sleeps on the landing or in the hallway but loves to sneak in to our room at night, particularly when we have the door open in the summer. Like yours, he also likes to sleep in the doorway whilst keeping an eye out.

With a baby on the way he does need to learn he has some limits!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Gutted for everyone on here who’s lost a dog. One of the worst feelings I’ve ever known.

This little lass is around 18 years old now. Had her for coming up 9. She survived her second encounter with mast cell tumours this year after the same in 2017, nearly died during the removal op as her blood pressure dropped through the floor, so they had to bring her round immediately and stitch her up conscious. 26 weeks on Monday, so I’m told the danger of recurrence is now back to the same as for any dog who’s never had one. Touch wood and then some. She’s got cataracts in both eyes which won’t ever be operated on now - only life-saving anaesthetics allowed in future - and is deaf as a post, but she’s a little machine who the vets say is healthy, strong and still getting plenty enough quality in her life.

Won’t hesitate to make that decision with the heaviest of hearts when required, just soaking up every single day in the meanwhile. Fucking apple of my eye.

F9FD541D-4746-43D6-B384-A45E02553E94.jpeg

• Upvote 15

After a month or so without a dog, it just isn't the same. I'd hoped to go down the rescue route again, but family circumstances and other things made it less than ideal right now. My family knew I'd always wanted a Boston Terrier, and with my 40th coming up, one was left in a litter nearby (they're pretty rare in these parts); so, long story short, I'm now the proud pal of this little bellend.

Boston Terrier

2021-07-24_04-01-53

Boston Terrier

Boston Terrier

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

After a month or so without a dog, it just isn't the same. I'd hoped to go down the rescue route again, but family circumstances and other things made it less than ideal right now. My family knew I'd always wanted a Boston Terrier, and with my 40th coming up, one was left in a litter nearby (they're pretty rare in these parts); so, long story short, I'm now the proud pal of this little bellend.

Boston Terrier

2021-07-24_04-01-53

Boston Terrier

Boston Terrier

Get in mate! Made up for you. 

How is little James Milner Is My Hero settling in?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Came back into this thread on page 90 so I've spread some happy and sympathy rep round.

Dogs are the best things ever. They may drive you nuts but life with them is infinitely better.

I've added some pics of my dog Rosie who is now 6. The white Stafford is her litter sister, Lily, and the idiot with the big fod is her father Eli.

20210618_191659.jpg

20210416_170733.jpg

20210403_154609.jpg

20210316_223243.jpg

IMG_20200911_174700.jpg

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a big work trip to Europe planned for this week. Booked hotels, flights, Covid tests, night out with colleagues in Amsterdam etc etc. Left everything out on the table whilst I popped out then came back to this......

Now trip is gone and I have to drive to fucking South Wales on Wednesday morning to get a replacement. I hate the fucking dog. 

CCC39EC4-C8EC-48AA-912A-7BA731708FA4.jpeg

• Upvote 1

My heart goes out to all of the lads who have lost their bezzies, as described in the last two or so pages. My 21 year old cat died last week in the Mrs' arms and we were all quite cut up over it, it's never easy seeing any living thing die in front of you. The dogs have been so quiet since, but are starting to get back to their old selves now.

20210828_133717.jpg

20210901_121327.jpg

20210912_201631.jpg

• Upvote 5