You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking after my mates Labrador while he makes a trip to the states for a month. He dropped him off yesterday. I used to look after my exes parents black lab so I know how good a temperament they have but Chopper (yep a Labrador named chopper after chopper reid) is the least gannet Lab I've known. Doesn't let himself be dominated by food. My missus has started calling him Chopstick instead of Chopper because Chopper sounds daft apparently. He's just lay next to me while I'm working. Looks like we will be getting a dog very soon then. 

3E8F525B-0001-42FF-B331-D38C620FC2D1.jpeg

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Looking after my mates Labrador while he makes a trip to the states for a month. He dropped him off yesterday. I used to look after my exes parents black lab so I know how good a temperament they have but Chopper (yep a Labrador named chopper after chopper reid) is the least gannet Lab I've known. Doesn't let himself be dominated by food. My missus has started calling him Chopstick instead of Chopper because Chopper sounds daft apparently. He's just lay next to me while I'm working. Looks like we will be getting a dog very soon then. 

3E8F525B-0001-42FF-B331-D38C620FC2D1.jpeg

They’re fucking brilliant aren’t they? The way he’s just clicked with you there and that’s it now, you’re his mate for life until you say otherwise. 

People who harm dogs are just fucking unfathomable to me. How could you?

• Upvote 5

Just now, belarus said:

They’re fucking brilliant aren’t they? The way he’s just clicked with you there and that’s it now, you’re his mate for life until you say otherwise. 

People who harm dogs are just fucking unfathomable to me. How could you?

My birds parents Lab clinged to me but that was probably because I gave hm food on the sly. This little cracker has been following my missus round the house like a shadow. We let him sleep in the bedroom with us last night because it was his first night here (he followed us upstairs and just planted himself on the rug) and he was good as gold so he will probably end up there every night now. She works upstairs and I work downstairs, he keeps swapping who he wants to sit next too. I love him already. 

Anyone who abuses pets is a complete scumbag. 

• Upvote 4

You know what, I was never really a dog person. We didn’t have them growing up and, although the wife had one (a lovely dog at that) when we first got together, I can’t say we ever truly bonded.

I voted against getting Buddy dog but went with the majority. It took a while as he was, and can still be, a right pain in the arse but I can’t believe how much I love him now. He’s my third child, my best friend and closest confidant (apart from the GF). I’ve even contemplated getting him and me a little friend.

9F4044A2-297F-400A-8257-2A783FD222FB.jpeg

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Took the lad to Crosby beach today. The iron men freaked him out! He absolutely loved it. Fast asleep now snoring like a trooper. 

DA9AEDAA-3A5D-44BB-AB49-43A5CD9A11DD.png

7FF33E88-E311-4D9F-A2CB-0C33D5203D70.png

0A53BA68-DA4A-4ABA-8B12-374101897719.png

AD60D179-E3B9-4A79-BA9A-BB3631DB94AC.png

01F95322-7CC8-409B-9B86-CA2CD2207AD3.png

EA80C9C6-298D-4954-B52B-133F17ACA523.jpeg

Love going to Crosby beach with all the figures - the dog goes mad at them.

He got caught in some quick sand near the pipe that runs out there once - fucking shit myself as he was truly stuck and panicking, but managed to pull him out from standing on the pipe as I remember. Just a note to be careful of it if your mutts are roaming free there.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, belarus said:

Love going to Crosby beach with all the figures - the dog goes mad at them.

He got caught in some quick sand near the pipe that runs out there once - fucking shit myself as he was truly stuck and panicking, but managed to pull him out from standing on the pipe as I remember. Just a note to be careful of it if your mutts are roaming free there.

Yeah we were up that end and it’s soft as shit near the water. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Crocky Park with this handsome bastard 

EB7C56A9-871D-446B-A38B-B4EA165AF9EB.jpeg

They're brilliant dogs Lab's, I've had 3 over the years, all greedy bastards who moult like fuck.

You can hoover 10 times a day and you still get dog hairs like tumbleweed, but they give so much in return. 

I loved mine including the one I have now  they're just the best family dog you could have.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Crocky Park with this handsome bastard 

EB7C56A9-871D-446B-A38B-B4EA165AF9EB.jpeg

You’re going to miss each other when he goes home. When is your mate back?

I remember looking after a friend’s westy for a few weeks and saw it as a burden at the time as I didn’t really have any history with dogs, but was devastated when she went home.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Still got this lad for another 6 days. Sat with me now while I work, waiting for the cricket to start. He's been an absolute blessing.  

68592997-45C7-4EE6-B16F-DFE7C31EF21E.jpeg

23E2491B-EB01-4329-BF40-89266AFA79B3.jpeg

He looks an absolute cracker like

• Upvote 1